We have just got back from a weeks skiing, in ValThorens at Tikal Apartments. We are a family of four (2 adults, 16yr girl, 12 yr boy) andcould find no fault with the accomodation. It is Ski-in, Ski out, with good ski storage and boot drying facilities. The architectureof the building is very pleasant. the rooms are all you could ask for - a lounge diner, with kitchenette (fridge (although the balcony kept the beers cold), hob, microwave, dishwasher), and a double sofa bed & tv; a twin bedroom and a bathroom / WC.
The balcony looked right out over the Rue du Soleil, and had fabulous views of the pistes. Although the 'yeti' bar is opposite, what little noise there was was not disturbing. The staff were friendly, and the only problem (a blown light bulb) was sorted in 3 hrs.
Directly across the road was a supermarket, and a superb restaurant (La Grange) which are both int the temples du soleil complex and could be accessed via the tunnel under the road.
I would describe where it is located as being at the quiet end of town, but the town is only a short walk away, and there are plenty of shops, bars and restaurants within a few hundred metres.
Really cant recommend this enough. Excellent
- Also Known As:
- Pierre & Vacances Residence Le Tikal Hotel
- Pierre & Vacances Residence Le Tikal Hotel Val Thorens
- Pierre And Vacances Residence Le Tikal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The highest resort in Europe. Residence at the foot of the slopes and at the heart of the resort. Residence with cosy and comfortable apartments ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Pierre & Vacances, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Pierre & Vacances Residence Le Tikal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.