I was hiring an apartment with 2 my friends for a week's skiing holiday in February. With our moderate requirements we generally liked the rooms (we bought 35m2 superior suit). We decided to get breakfasts from the hotel as well - the lady-in-charge was very helpful and pleasant, the food though not anyway sophisticated, but rather satisfactory for a morning refresh. Actually we almost didn't use the kitchen; just stored some stuff in the fridge and boiled water for tea.
The bad surprise lied in wait for our leave. The administration guy came down and told us the apartment was dirty and he would charge EUR 50 from our deposit. Taking into account we kept the apartment clean, washed all dishes, and the only place saving some trace of our presence was the bathroom, his claim just proved the general idea that whenever they took a deposit at check-in, they would take your money at check-out. The slippery surfaces in the bathroom can be cleaned in one move, but not when you neither have time nor cleaning sponge and liquids.
Taking into account they stored no cleaning tools in apartment at all, and we even had to buy the dish-washer tabs by ourselves, this is the worst check-out in my experience of staying in apartment. We had our bus leaving in 20 minutes, which gave no time to respond to all the "I've just been there and seen myself" and "You either clean yourself or pay" stuff the guy was telling.
As a conclusion, we did our best to be no-problem guests, we expected reasonable treatment in return, just like we got in all our previous stays. However, they wasted all the positive impression with that paltry grab of our money. Won't recommend the apartment to anyone, as it just seems that even if you keep the bathroom untouched they will still find a reason to charge you over the initial arrangement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LE PORTILLO is located in the center of Val Thorens, and welcomes you since 1979. This place is authentic and gets family traditions. Do not hesitate to book for a cocooning journey. LE PORTILLO offers lots of services (WIFI, Sauna, Steam bath...), And has a bar, a lounge and a delicious French restaurant at your disposal. Opened for winter season only, from beginning of November until end of April. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Le Portillo Hotel & Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Portillo Hotel And Residence
- Le Portillo Hotel Residence