This was our first visit to Les Campanules. We stayed in demi-pension, including breakfast buffet and dinner. Overall, we had a good time and really appreciated the strengths of the hotel. We realize that we are picky in our reviews, but we do so for the sake of being constructive and helpful. We also work hard for our money and have high expectations when it comes to paying such prices.
- While we much prefer to give benefit of the doubt, and we ultimately do so in this case, we were left with serious doubts upon check out.
My wife reviewed the bill and I handed her my credit card to settle but still had to enter the PIN. I could have easily entered the digits without carefully reviewing the amount entered by the man at reception, especially since the lady at reception kept chatting us up (which we thought was very friendly but turned out to be somewhat distracting).
However, I was shocked that the amount entered was more than 3 times our actual bill amount, exceeding it by thousands of euros. It was not a one digit typo, so it is hard to believe that it was a mistake, except if the man entered the amount for different patrons in another room.
In the end, it can very well have been an honest mistake, a distraction, by friendly hotel owners, but we let this incident remind us to always remain vigilant: in our experience, rarely do the mistakes go the other way!
- Desserts: they are, frankly, quite horrible. What is more, they are always the same! A bland cookie bottom topped with a tasteless mousse every night… we would certainly expect a lot more when traveling to France and paying top euros in the land of the exquisite “patisserie”…!
- Main meals were deceiving with a single option every night. The “confit de canard” was especially disappointing, chewy and fat.
- Heated outdoor pool with mountain view, indoor jacuzzi that sits 3 people (maybe 4), sauna and steam room
- Like other hotels in this area of Tignes, access to tickets booth, lifts and slopes is very convenient, despite NOT being ski-in/ski-out
- If you rent at the hotel’s partner ski shop, you are offered to leave your skis at the shop overnight, saving yourself from having to carry them uphill on the short climb back to the hotel
- Food: not extraordinary but very good breakfast buffet and all-you-can-eat thematic buffet of appetizers at dinner
- Good ski room with booth warmers
Opportunities for improvements
- Pricing for alcohol products: Champagne is notoriously inexpensive in France yet we were charged a hefty 45 euros for a half-bottle
- Having two twin beds pushed together in lieu of a larger bed is always a disappointment, but the mattresses are firm and comfortable so it isn't a significant irritant.
- This hotel is NOT ski-in/ski-out but has very convenient location.
- Only the view and a fresh coat of paint/decoration style appear to differentiate the Tradition and Superior rooms. Depending on what you enjoy splurging on, it might not be worth spending the extra euros for Superior.
- Don’t worry about the church bells next door being an irritant: they do not ring every hour. They weren’t heard at all in the evening and not before 9:30ish in the morning.
- After you drop-off your luggage, you will need to go park your car in one of Tignes' public parking garages for the duration of your stay. The rate is around 15 euros per day and the closest one is Tignes Le Lac 3, which is about 5 minutes walking from the hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Campanules Hotel Tignes
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Hotel Les Campanules reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.