“Excellent instruction & lots of fun!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 10 Attractions in Tignes
Type: Sports Camps/ Clinics
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Alliance Snowboard School - Tignes, FranceMy girlfriend and I went to Tignes for a weeks skiing and snowboarding on 26th Dec 2010. I had been snowboarding on two previous holidays but had never had a lesson so I decided to have some on this holiday. We booked our holiday through Ski World who recommended Alliance Snowboard School. Ski World arranged for Simon (Alliance Instructor) to be at our chalet welcome meeting and I booked my lessons there and then.Alliance run different lessons for boarders of different skill levels so you are always with a group of the same skill level as yourself. I booked into level 2 so was with other people who were happy on blues but not great on reds etc... The group was small (4 people) so we all got a lot of attention from Renelle (our instructor for the week). Also, as it was a small group we all got to know each other and got along really well!I can't speak highly enough of Renelle, she was quite simply brilliant. Every day was fun and we improved massively over the course of the week. By the end of the week we were all comfortable going down black runs and we even went to the snow park and did some jumps! Speaking to people who were in the other class levels they all enjoyed their week as much as we did with Renelle.I would recommend Alliance to anyone who wants to try snowboarding starting from scratch or if you want to improve on what you know already.
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Excellent instruction & lots of fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Renelle was a fantastic instructor - she catered to the individual needs of the group and really helped me to improve my technique. She also made sessions fun by mixing it up and teaching us lots of tricks - I had a great time!

Visited April 2013

Newcastle
“Renelle has the patience of a saint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I attended group level 2l lessons and was scared of everything and Renelle was great, kept encouraging me and kept me calm when I was starting to freak out. I got so frustrated at not being able to grasp it as quick as I had wanted to and was ready to quit, Renelle said `we don't quit`we`re a team` I fully intended not attending my last lesson but after she said that I completed the lesson and linked turns on a red run!
Couldn't recommended Alliance enough:)

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Snowboarding lessons”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Excellent tuition! My boyfriend and I have just got back from a week in Tignes & choose Alliance Snowboard School for our lessons. Both of us were complete beginners, but with some excellent coaching we managed a couple of blue runs by the end of the week. Big thanks to Simon, who is brilliant and made the lessons really fun and also to Rory who was shadowing him for the week, which was great for us to have some extra help!
Couldn't recommend them more & will definitely book level 2 when we go back next year!

Gili Trawangan, Indonesia
“Learn from the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

If you want to improve your snowboarding or just ride with a good crew then it doesn't get better than Alliance. I did my Level 4 with Simon last year and my girlfriend Kate did her Level 3 and 4 with Renelle and Simon this year, while I did some freestyle and free-ride sessions. The instructors keep it fun even when it gets challenging, and the atmosphere in the lessons is positive and always encouraging. Whatever level you're currently at, just starting out, wanting to go big in the park, improve your style or hit the powder, a session with Alliance will bring something new to your riding and let you get more out of it! oh yeah...and it doesn't feel like you're in a class..

Visited February 2013
Kampala
“Super fun week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I spent a week in a beginner class with Rory, and it was tip top. I learned loads of stuff (mostly, but not all, snowboarding related!), gained in confidence throughout the week, and felt in exceedingly good teaching and encouraging company. Plus, Marie Claire was extremely helpful in sorting out my lessons, and also arranging a private lesson for a friend. This was my first time in boarding lessons, but having spent a fair few weeks with show off skiing teachers as a teen, this was a breath of fresh air. I wanted to continue learning, woop! Thanks!