“A funky and quirky apartment in Tignes. Close to the slopes but no free parking.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SnowPod

SnowPod
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tignes
SnowPod
You added SnowPod to your Saves list
Moutier B2 | Val Claret, 73320 Tignes, France   |
Ranked #48 of 66 Specialty Lodging in Tignes
england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The apartment itself was quite funky: there was a cuckoo clock on the fake brick wall paper and a table covered in graffitti. There was a daily delivery of food in the evening, which was made to a good standard. In the mornings, museli and juice was available. There was a small fridge and microwave to heat up food. This would be better value if there were 6 people but the apartment would have been cramped with 6 people as 2 people would have needed to sleep in the bed sofa in the lounge. The other room had 4 bunk beds. The shower was a little basic. There was a ski store are in the hallway and a lift up to the apartment. The slopes were about a 4 minute walk through the village on the flat. There was a good TV/ gaming and film store which was good for the evenings. There were a few board games too such as chess. The cinema was just over the road and showed films in English. There were several good local restaraunts and bars for different price ranges. The ski pass shop was within spitting distance and the pass included an entry to the local pool which had some flumes for kids. There was a separate decent sized pool in there for serious swimmers and a gym. You could pay extra for entry to the spa. I would recommend bringing your own towel for the pool as otherwise you need to rent these. There was also another hotel down the road which had a small spa and massage. There was no free parking outside the apartment and the weekly parking fee was quite expensive so you need to factor this in if you are bringing a car.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I visited Snowpod with my family (husband and 2 kids aged 9 and 13) for a week over the February 1/2 term. Unfortunately the pod didn't quite live up to our expectations: It looked great in the photos on the Snowpod website, and sounded great in an article I read reviewing it in the Guardian, and in the reviews on this site. In reality the very small apartment was badly finished, cheaply furnished and very badly worn. For e.g. in the bedroom the bunk beds were old and rickety, the carpet was completely threadbare, there was no overhead light, there was a thick metal clothes rail encroaching into the room beside 1 of the beds, at waist height, that we all knocked our heads on a number of times, an old wardrobe that only half opened and a radiator that didn't work. There was no facility to leave skis and boots anywhere other than in the apartment, the loo had no fan or ventilation (not great in such a small space), in the bathroom, again, the radiator didn't work and the side of the bath was falling off. Otherwise there was badly applied, peeling decoupage everywhere, the bean bag in the living room had lost all but a few of its beans and the curtains had holes in them. What looked like a cosy quirky fire in the photos was some logs painted bright pink with a yellow light bulb above them. The pane of glass on the dining table wasn't fixed and slid around when I wiped it
On the positive side there was a lovely view from the bedroom, nice bedding, the TV and games were great and the apartment's location was good.
I did write to the owner, Yvonne, and gave my feedback . She said that it was a shame I didn't tell the resort rep about the heating, but ignored all my other comments and then made some remarks about how disagreeable she found me personally.

Room Tip: There is only 1 bedroom and I wouldn't choose it.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Guernsey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

My family of 4 stayed in snowpod #1 in Tignes Val Claret over New Year 2013.

Despite the peak season, the resort wasn't too busy and the lift queues were not a problem. Never more than 2 minutes. There's a great range of runs for all abilities except perhaps total beginners as the green runs in Val d'Isere (one left away from Tignes Val Claret) are pretty steep for a green (and flat in places which would frustrate boarders). If you're an intermediate skier / boarder it's excellent. There are many other activities available some included on the lift pass (skating and swimming). We also did ice diving which was a unique experience.

Snowpod was very cosy, functional and quirky. Don't go expecting space! It could sleep up to 6 but I'd say that would be too cosy! It is well designed and well equipped considering the small space. Most quirks are good, a few slightly frustrating (such as lack of sufficient lights in the bedroom). There are views from 3 sides, including one over the lake towards Tignes le Lac. As we have young kids we didn't go to the huge NYE party in Le Lac, but we could hear it, and we did get a great view of the awesome fireworks at midnight. We picked the Asian food option which was excellent ad always delivered on time. On our non-catered nights we ate great meals at Le Caveau (organised by Yvonne) and from the sushi takeaway which is highly recommended and great value.

Snowpod is not ski in ski out, but getting on the slopes is pretty straightforward. It's either a 10 minute walk through the village to the Val Claret lifts, or a 5 minute walk and then a 5 minute free bus ride (every 10 minutes) to Le Lac.

Yvonne was helpful in pointing us towards ski hire, transfers, lessons etc.

All in all I'd definitely recommend Snowpod for small groups.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

First time visiting the Alps in the summer, and I couldn't of asked for a better time. Snowpod caters for all needs, ace shower (perfect for washing away the grim of a full days mtb riding), massive TV (loads of films as well) and even an Xbox!
Three of us used the place for just over a week, but it could easily many more. We had an amazing time mountain biking, hiking, crazy golf and messing about on le Lac. Then in the evening we BBQ'd down on the shore line, relaxed with a beer by the lake and watch the most insane thunderstorms striking the mountain peaks.
Opening the curtains to stunning views of le Lac, the tinkle sheep bells and the white of glaciers catching the morning sun were particularly stunning!
We especially liked the decorations, and I'll be stealing a few ideas for my own home (hope Yvonne doesn't mind).

All in all, an amazing time an awesome holiday made even better some ace accommodation! I have already recommended Snowpod to mates and I'll definitely be back to use it again next season.

Cheers Yvonne :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Norwich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

Second time in the Snowpod, this time I took all my family. Everything was as good as ever. It all works if you know what I mean, from yours first enquiry to your ski’s being delivered to the door, from the food arrival (always yummy and on time) through to a massive collection of films and games on the supper sexy plasma TV. Its just what you want. All you have to think about is having as much fun on the slopes as possible. Hats off to you guys, you have cracked it. See you again real soon. xx

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

This is a strange review as I haven't actually stayed at the SnowPod - I had a holiday booked for February half term but due to personal circumstances I have had to cancel. But I just wanted to let everyone know how understanding and helpful Yvonne has been!

Whilst organising the holiday she was easy to contact, speak to and answered every tiny question I had :) and also when it came to sadly cancelling, she was so accommodating and sorted everything out for us which was amazing.

So just wanted to thank her really and say to those who are going away with SnowPod...it seems like you are in for a great experience. I will however be looking into planning another holiday with SnowPod next year that I can actually go on!!!

Many Thanks

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2011

The SnowPod was just brilliant. My sister and I were made to feel welcome well before our arrival as Yvonne answered the million or more questons we had before we got to Tignes. Yvonne helped us arrange our transfer from Bourg St Maurice, booked our board and ski lessons, helped us to buy lift passes and even assisted in a bit of shopping for goggles! The SnowPod itself was fab—decorated with quirky decoupage, stenciling and some wicked street art on the walls. The living room is the real highlight, cosy sofa and cushions and a plethora of films and games available meant that we were always home after happy hour and ready for a game of Trivial Pursuit followed by a movie and a nice cuppa. Bath was divine and oh so nice after a full day shredding that rad! The kitchen is fine for what we used it for—with the catering we only needed it to make cups of tea. Bummer about the lack of a dishwasher, but there was no room for one and the amazing flatscreen and fun stuff connected to it well and truly made up for a little bit of washing up. Food incredible—defo the BEST chilli I've EVER had; those home made nachos were the bomb! Damn fine Thai green curry too. Beds were the cosiest bunks I've ever slept in. Thanks Yvonne for making our trip so great! We had an amazing time!

Nicole and Alexandra, London and Melbourne

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends

Been to SnowPod? Share your experiences!