What can I say... We had a wonderful snowboard vacation. With "club med" its always better then you thought it would be.
Although it's a 3 trident club and wasn’t renewed lately it is in good condition. The room is not big but well designed with a lot of storage solutions. The atmosphere in the common areas is great (though furniture in the lobby can use a "refresh"). Food was great especially the desserts. Service is great in the front desk, in the bar, in the dining room etc.
Overall, we had a great time thanks to the club med team but I will note a few disadvantages:
The Wi-Fi is not free. It cost 20€ for the all week which is kind of reasonable price but the network is weak in the room and very slow. So it should be either free or upgraded (Generally, I think that Wi-Fi should be free in hotels. It's like electricity; we don’t pay extra cost for electricity in hotels, and the infrastructure is not expensive as it was in the past).
There is a photographer in the hotel but 12€ per photo is "greedy".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the meeting point of the six valleys of the Oisans, the resort of Alpe-d'Huez stretches out surrounded by the former alpine pastures of a mountain village. Dominating this suntrap spot and well placed on its sunny slope, this Club Med Village invites guests to launch out and revel in the thrill of the longest black run in Europe, while those who prefer to take it easy enjoy the panoramic view. Parents and children share the joy of new sensations as they zigzag around the skating rink. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med L 'Alpe d'Huez la Sarenne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med l `Alpe d`Huez La Sarenne Hotel l`Alpe-d`Huez
- L'alpe-D'huez Club Med
- Club Med L 'Alpe D'Huez La Sarenne France/Rhone-Alpes