“amazing staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Vallee Blanche

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in L'Alpe-d'Huez
La Vallee Blanche
You added La Vallee Blanche to your Saves list
Route du Siou Coulet, 38750 L'Alpe-d'Huez, France   |
Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in L'Alpe-d'Huez
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“amazing staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

i went to la Vallee Blanche January 2012 on a ski trip with my school,i didn't really spend much time paying attention to the hotel before the third day in my week visit to the french alps. On my second day of skiing i had snapped my ankle when i collided with my friend, i got left in the hotel with no one but the hotel bar staff and cleaners as my teachers was out skiing . i was gobsmacked at the staff because nothing was trouble to them they made sure i had had something to do they always made sure i wasn't in agony , they helped me around the hotel and made sure i had good memories to go home with and when it was the night time they made sure that i wasn't left out.They went out of their way for me going to the shop and different places for me and they were always telling my teachers to get me to the doctors. they also cleaned my room more than they should of . loved the hotel i would go again (i went to the school part called ski bound).

Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel over Christmas 2012 with our family and a group of 4 other families, of various sizes. The Hotel its self is fab, basic but very clean and brilliantly equipped with a ski hire in the basement, and two store rooms upstairs for your boots and ski's, by the entrance. The nearest lift is a 5 minute walk away, with access to the main runs and ski schools from there. The food is very good, basic breakfast of cereal etc and keeps you going for the day, dinner is three courses and generally good, our Christmas dinner was excellent. The real winner for this hotel is the staff, as with other reviews you will find that they are young, but this not an issue, they are very keen to help you with any problems you may have, are friendly and approachable, I cannot fault any of them. We had one major problem over our week stay, the lack of hot water. For three days on the run, my husband and son came back from their fantastic days boarding to find that there was NO hot water left at all for showers. The first day you accepted that this might be a one off, unfortunate, one off those things. We commented on it and were assured that they would be getting someone to sort this out, the second day we reported it again and were told it was difficult, it was Christmas day, difficult to get a plumber out etc, but by the third day I was getting very angry and to be fare to them, they bypassed timers, pumps etc, and put the boiler on full blast. However, this would not stop me from recommending the hotel or staying there again. A couple of our friends stated it would be useful if they offered more of a variety of food for the children, (personally did not find this an issue for our children) but I can understand this can be difficult. All in all a wonderful holiday, and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel regardless of the water issue, as the staff more than made up for this and always tried to help. Get these practicalities sorted and you have a wonderful hotel in the making.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Great hotel, good food and friendly staff.

Very functional as a ski hotel and also in a great location for all Summer activities.

Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for european gay ski week and paid a low price as the hotel was only rated as 2 star so just expected a basic room with a basic service but on arrival was suprised to receive such a high standard of service from the moment we arrived. The hotel staff seemed young but they knew exactly how to please a customer in every way. the reception team were always keen to answer every question we had, the bar and restaurant staff were friendly and again keen to offer a great service. We hd upgraded to a half board package and the food was fantastic and much more than what we were expecting for the price we had paid. The bar prices were a little high but i understand that this is to tie in with all other venues for the event.

The rooms are basic but cleaned daily and towels changed every other day, our only issue with this is that the housekeeping peopel start cleaning rooms at 10:00am. I have seen that other people have commented on having to check out at 09:30am but all hotels i have stayed in before always have a check out time of 10:00am???

I will be staying here again for next years gay ski week as had a great time because of the great service and staff. Thank You!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

I rated Vallee Blanche Alpe d'Huez hotel as poor and I want to apologize straight away to the guys and girls who worked at the reception and waited in the restaurant. They've done a great job, always been very friendly and most helpful. Unfortunately all their good work was undone by appalling room service. I stayed in this hotel a week from 24 March till 31 March 2012. In the whole week the room has not been cleaned a single time (!). Though the cleaning personal has religiously been coming to my room EVERY DAY. How do I know if they haven't cleaned anything? Easy!!! Every time the used towels I left on the floor in the bath room (which is universally recognized requested to change the towels) were carefully collected from the floor and... placed back on the drying rack ("You aint gonna get it changed, mate! Not in this hotel!"). On three occasions (!) I was back from skiing in the afternoon to find my room had been left unlocked by the cleaning staff. Thanks God nothing went missing! Another nasty surprise waited for me on the last day when I was hoping to lazy about in bed for a little bit longer (the airport bus was only at 4pm) but was asked instead to clear the room by 9.30am (!).

I would not stay here again. Neither would I recommend it to any one.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

The hotel looks pleasant the bar is nice , the staff are friendly , but the rooms are like HELL , the rooms are very small there is no space to move around in the room espically if you have bought ski equipment with you , there is no space to put your clothes . the beds are disgusting and the bed covers give you rashes , the food is horrible the only thing i ate all week was bread , There is Lots of noise if children are staying , overall you should not come here it will be a waste of money you will become mentally ill after this stay

Room Tip: rooms are disgusting