A very friendly family run hotel on what used to be the front line in alpe d'Huez. The service from all the staff is impeccable and welcoming, the hotel is very tidy although the rooms are dated. I would go for a room with a view , use the ski hire shop downstairs ( really helpful guy) you can get ski passes from the tourist office 2 minutes away and either get the lift opposite to the slopes or drive 2 minutes away . Food in the hotel is good alternatively there is the edelweiss restaurant on the same street , smithies tex Mex round the corner or pinochios pizza opposite the ice rink all a few minutes walkaway . For a short skiing break I recommend this traditional French family hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1955, the Castillan family have been your hosts, featuring the same quality service... In the pure tradition of this hotel passed on from father to son, Julien and his wife Stéphanie have taken up the torch... Simplicity, quality and authenticity, summer and winter alike, with resort's slopes and other activities (particularly summer ones) just nearby : tennis, swimming pool, golf, skating rink, horseback riding, mountain biking, hiking, aeromodelling... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Le Castillan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Castillan Hotel l`Alpe-d`Huez
- Le Castillan France/Rhone-Alpes