“Recently Renovated & Improved” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Appart'Hotel Ferney Geneve

Save Saved
You added Appart'Hotel Ferney Geneve to your Saves list
Appart'Hotel Ferney Geneve
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   13 chemin du Levant, 01210 Ferney-Voltaire, France   |
Surf City USA
“Recently Renovated & Improved”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

A recent renovation has greatly improved this property, which is conveniently located a couple of kilometers across the French border, north of the Geneva airport. It can be a reasonably priced alternative to excessively priced Swiss hotels. Our studio apartment, which was 105 euro for the night, contained a full kitchen, lots of cupboards & counter space, and a modern bathroom. The bed seemed comfortable and the linens were clean and crisp. The staff was helpful, and we had free wireless internet for all our devices. The one aspect that I hope can be corrected is that the contractor who installed the renovations did not exhibit a pride or skill of workmanship (at least in our room). It's a shame to see quality furnishings not installed correctly. So I think the management deserves four stars, not three.

Room Tip: Be polite, and the courtesy will be returned to you by the staff, in good service.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Greek first
San Carlos, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for two nights, during a heat wave. The air conditioning broke, and was not repaired. The morning of our departure at 5am there was no electricity, no one to help, no phone to call the concierge (who hadn't arrived yet anyway). We had to pack while keeping the door open to use the corridor lights (only our room had an electricity problem). Our rooms were double charged, and by the time the refund was done, i lost money on the exchange rate of the mistake (!!!!!).

Upon our return, I tried to email our reference contact, with no results. I eventually included in my mail Odalys executives, still to no results.

I strongly suggest you stay elsewhere.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

Shocked to read the poor reviews after booking, came away as a couple touring Europe for a couple of nights, reception spoke perfect English and were very polite and helpful, the room was great for two people with plenty of room. Ok a few very minor decor issues if you are picky but the room was very well decorated and spotless, the kitchen is slightly limited but fine unless you expected to cook full meals. Location is great for Lake Geneva and all surrounding areas with a car but may be a bit difficult otherwise but shops are within walking and a large Carrefour. Don't be put off by the other reviews I stay in 4 & 5 star hotels all the time and loved the accommodation which once the spa is complete should be even better

• Stayed August 2012
Usti nad Labem, Czech Republic
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

During the EBACE this was one of few places which was reasonably priced. The hotel is still under construction, but it was't that bad. At least they didn't start drilling till 8:30 or so...The room was OK, reasonably clean but I have to say that the finish (tiling etc) was bad. It took couple of minutes to get the hot water running. Although there is a kitchenette in the room, I can not imagine how anyone would actually cook there (the room was rather small). I would say it is OK for a short business trip - close to the airport, less traffic, but I wouldn't choose this for a family holiday...

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

We booked a room for 3 nights at this so called 3* hotel for our anniversay. Never again!!
When we checked into our room we found that the toilet seat was broken, the air conditioning was not working and it was very dusty due to the on-going building works.

Our room was not even cleaned even though we left a "PLEASE CLEAN MY ROOM" tag on the door the night before!

I would rather sleep in a tent in the middle of the fields then stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: dont book...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I booked 2 junior suites for a business trip in Geneva, for 1 night. I arrived at 19h30 and my room wasn't ready but completely dirty and messy. The room of my coworker didn't open with the key when we came back after diner. When my room was eventually cleaned and the one of my coworker opened, we saw that one of the junior suite was twice as big as the other one, and nobody told us there was such big differences between the rooms. I had 2 singles beds, whereas he had a big one, he had a couch and a small living room, I had just 2 beds. In my room, the toilet flush wasn't working properly, the wifi neither, there was no pressure for the water in the tub/shower and the smell in the bedroom was not the most poetic. The carpets were waving, the paintings are not uniform ... Would have been ok for an etap hotel but it's unacceptable considering the price of the room. The staff wasn't helpfull at all, they seemed quite angry after us ... because they lost our reservation due to an overbooking! In the morning we lost 20 minutes to check out (due to the lost of reservation) and they didn't want to give us a bill, required by our company ...

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Appart'Hotel Ferney Geneve? Share your experiences!