“Excellent food. Recommended” 5 of 5 stars

Description: Very good restaurant
Milano
“Excellent food. Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Menu de degustation was excellent. Dessert with figues was outstanding.
An excellent restaurant in Ferney Volatire. Recommended.

Visited October 2013

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent French food, good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Have eaten at Chantelier once, with reservation. Excellent the menue I got, consisting of three courses: fine food, subtly tasty, excellent decorated presentation. Good service, French light humour, reasonable effort with English (to make up for my poor Frnch). Fish and meat -based choices/menus plentifully available, a fair choice of vegetarian. Not cheap, but the value was fully worth the bill.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bethesda, Maryland
“Rudest experience we have ever had in France!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband had been to Chanteclair several times while on business trips to Geneva and raved about it. So for our last night in France, I made a reservation on La Fourchette (French version of Open Table) and received a confirmation for the next night at 7:30. We arrived with two friends, were seated, and then were told we did not have a reservation and we would have to leave. When we pulled up the confirmation from la Fourchette on Blackberry the owner/chef said we should have called instead. As we had planned this as our farewell dinner and a very special evening, it was extremely embarrassing. The owner was neither helpful nor courteous. We found our way at Hotel le France and had the BESTdinner ever (in 24 trips to France!). And the 334 euro tab was Chanteclair's loss. As a post script, we received a follow up from la Fourchette asking how our dinner at Chanteclair was. We told them!

• Visited June 2013
New Jersey
“Favorite restaurant anywhere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

This restaurant is the best kept secret. I visit Geneva once a year for business and always make it a point to visit Le Chanteclair (sometimes more than once). All of my friends back in the states have heard me rave about it. I feel like all of the best chefs are in the kitchen cooking for me. Each dish, from the appetizer to the dessert is like a work of art and some of the best French food I've ever had. I wish this restaurant was in Manhattan instead of Ferney Voltaire but I'm just thankful that I have found it. :)

I have a reservation for tonight...can't wait!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tokyo
“Wow ! Very interesting and Value for Money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This restaurant was suggested by my French friend. My wife and I visited to dine at not super special but at a "treat" occasion. This restaurant perfectly satisfied our wish because of four reasons. First, the food is interesting and stimulating but does not lose weight of French classical cuisine. ( although less butter and cream but compensated by lots of vegetables )
Second, the atmosphere is just right. Causal but not over/unnaturally friendly. Third, wine list is not too long but list very reasonably priced wines, mainly from every part of France. Lastly, the price is very reasonable. The pictures show what I had. Three appetizers (no picture), bouillabaisse, Slowly cooked veal and three puddings. With a good half bottle of red and mineral water, the bill remained in two digits in Euros. We will certainly come back.

• Visited April 2013