“Amazing place” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Vilnius, Lithuania
“Amazing place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I very much recommend this amazing place. The hospitality is at a very high level, the meal is great - we were 4 people and everyone was delighted with their choice. Also the staff was very pet friendly and the overall atmosphere was very relaxing and nice.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Wellington
“Wonderful restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I stayed in Divonne-Les-Bains for business. We were very unimpressed with the food at the Hotel and decided to walk to town to find somewhere to eat. Divonne-Les-Bains is a quiet town at night and there isn't a lot of choice of places to eat, but we came across the first place that was actually open which was Restaurant La Truite. We were a party of 12 people and arrived at 8pm. without a reservation. Many restaurants would turn us away but we were warmly welcomed and throughout our meal treated with great hospitality. We all opted for set-menus of 4 courses rangng from 28-38 Euros. Appetiser, Main, Cheese and Dessert. We ordered different set menus and everyone was delighted with the food. Good simple great-tasting French food. The Cheese tray comprised 20+ locally produced cheeses and they were fantastic. Dessert menu was substantial. The wine menu is very good and if you ask the waiter to recommend a choice there seem to be many gourmet wines not on the menu. This is a great place. The cost of our total meal 12 people plus 7 bottles of very good wine came to 50 Euros each and we thought this was great value.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Perth
“Dare I Share?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

The Restaurant La Truite is one of my favourite places in this area, about 30 minutes from the Mont Blanc Bridge in Geneva. However, I must admit that I come here for their 4 course Menu at 16.50€ which is one of the best at this price. I also take mostly the same dishes, but then that is also because I like these and they are well prepared. Having said this, only once was I disappointed (Carte du Jour) and this is a further reason twhy I now stick to their excellent 4-course menu/s. The Plateau de Fromage can rival that of any 4* restaurant, a great variety of cheeses and with the right maturity. As the Restaurant was so good I asked one day to see their rooms and was very disappointed at what I saw, but... I can definitively recommend the Restaurant.

In summer one can eat outside or in the Veranda part (recommended) while in winter the lower, inner room, accessed from the street, is also very nice, though more compressed, e.g. many tables in a small space. It is a restaurant known by people from the region and there are not that many tourists. With the Restaurant being so popular, it is paramount to reserve a table.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nantwich, United Kingdom
“Great food & value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Divonne is not far from geneva, and so is a great in terms of value for money. This restaurant has a great setting at the back, don't be put off by the room at the front. The food was great, lots of choice and reasonably priced.
The staff were great too. The one downside to my visit were the Italian family that allowed their small children to run riot, including tripping up one of the waiters whilst carrying food! Compared to the French family who were impeccably behaved. Appreciate that the restaurant can't turn away clientele but I couldn't relax as concerned about if I would have soup split on me!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Geneva, Switzerland
“Great food, service and quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We would like to recommend this restaurant as an excellent choice. We were the organisers for a group of 65 people from London who were on a weekend visit to the CERN laboratories. It was really difficult for us to find a decent restaurant, providing great food at a reasonable price in the Divonne area. The Restaurant La Truite managed to provide a fantastic menu at a price to suit our budget; the staff and the service were commendable. Our guests from London spoke with such positive comments, the food was excellent. We would like to thank the chef and staff at the restaurant.

• Visited May 2013