“beautiful views” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Cap

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cassis
Le Cap
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Voorheesville, New York
“beautiful views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

My hustand and I spent a night in the Suite 1 in September 2013. The suite is very nice, spacious with a gorgeous view of Cap Canaille and the sea. Our hosts gave us information regarding Cassis, where to park, eat etc etc and we ended up having a delicious dinner on the harbor. Breakfast was wonderful the next morning, croissants, bread, homemade jams... perfect French breakfast. They gave us more info as to what we could do that day. It was too windy to take the Route des Cretes all the way up to the top of Cap Canaille but we were able to go on a short cruise to go admires les Calanques de Cassis. They have a beautiful pool, it was a little too windy for us so we did not try it but i'm sure it must feel like heaven on earth on a warm day!
In short, a quiet and beautiful place, definitely worth a try if you stop by Cassis!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Vienna, Austria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Location is very nice with view over the cassis valley.

Pool is very nice and quiet, but sun only until 5pm.

Breakfast is good, but not extra ordinary.

Our room (number 4): very small, no view, ikea furniture, kittchenet outside of room available.

Because of the room properties, price-value ratio not balanced.

• Stayed September 2012
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

My boyfriend and I spent a long weekend at Le Cap and were blown away by the quality of our experience. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome. The hosts gave us tourist information in English and they also gave us recommendations of restaurants. We walked down through the beautiful yard, meticulously maintained, to arrive at our Morroccan inspired decorated room. The room was spacious with new everything. The bed at in our suite was a California King. The pillows such high quality and in ample supply. It was very clean yet cozy. About the Bathroom: The shower has really good pressure. The light is bright for make up. They give you pool towels. Very very clean. The pool is pristine. It is an infinity pool and has a unique shape and a graduated entrance. Plenty of lounging furniture. Views are sooo beautiful. Also, they give you a basket with plates silver wear wine opener etc. so you can have a picnic at the pool and save some money. The breakfast was really delicious. Fresh fruit salad, croissants, baguette, jams, farm made yogurt, OJ, coffee, served outside on quaint terrace. Piece of advice, if you do not speak French bring a dictionary. Initially I was worried because I read mixed reviews but Im telling you this place is a gem! Not to minimalize others challenges with this place but if guests had issues Im honestly thinking it was either a language barrier or just that they are the ones who are difficult to interact with. We are going back. Hope to see you there!

Room Tip: All units are beautiful. Pictures online are honest representations.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

I stayed at Le Cap over the Easter holidays last year and as a new member to tripadvisor, I had to come back and write a review because this place is fantastic! The rooms are the epitome of modern style and we had a gorgeous view of the lush back garden/pool area and the cliffs beyond. One of my favourite spots at Le Cap is the secluded terrace with 2 lounge chairs that overlooks the valley and sea in the distance - it's a great place to take a book or glass of wine and chill out. The breakfast was delicious and was served in an outdoor gazebo area.

It is quite a trip up the hill from the Cassis centre but a great little work-out if you're up for it. I was really surprised to see some of the bad reviews here on this place because we had a particularly great experience with the hosts. During our time here, my boyfriend got extremely ill (too many raw oysters in Marseille) and the hosts really went out of their way (on a holiday weekend no other!) to make sure he was ok and comfortable and that we enjoyed our time. The only thing that I think they could improve is the reservation system, I had to send about 3 different confirmation emails because I still wasn't sure if we had secured the room or not. This seems to be the major problem other travellers have experienced so maybe they should update their online reservation system.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
portland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

We stayed at Le Cap with some hesitation due to the mixed reviews. Our stay was fantastic! It was off-season so we were the only guests and the pool was closed but it was too cool to use anyway. Our hosts could not have been more pleasant or attentive. The room was clean, large bed, hot shower, great breakfast. We found it nice to be out of town a ways, stunning scenery. We'd stay again!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Utrecht, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

I stayed with my son (3 years) for two nights at Le Cap last June. We paid in advance the total amount for 3 nights.
The location looked beautiful with amazing from the garden, the room stylish.
Now the service......
When I arrived, the owners told me that me and my son have to 'change' our room on our last night (we booked 3 nights). I didn't understand what they meant and why we have to change room. After keep asking them and demanding a clear answer, they told me that the couple who staid in our room after us, had decided to arrive one day earlier. Because they have booked the room for a long term (14 days), me and my son of 3 years old had move out...to the niece of the owners!!!!! How RIDICULOUS was it??! To move out a single mother with a toddler of 3 years old while I paid the full amount for three nights was CHEATING!!!!!
They located us at the house of their niece, all down in the city centre where there was not a save place for a toddler. The only advantage was the new location was close to the beach.
I won't recommend Le Cap in Cassis. Look for another bed & breakfast, because you will be cheated!!
OUTRAGEAOUS!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Darlington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

Booking Proved easy Though my French is not too good. Paid deposit direct to owners bank no problems and balance in cash on arrival. Annie will give you her bank details and a direct transfer from your bank will be best way to make payment.
My emails were always answered quickly.

On arrival we got a lovely greeting and though we were a little early (our room was still being cleaned) we were able to drop off our bags and made to feel very welcome and into our room within 10 minutes.

Room super. We had booked a room for 3 ( Me, my wife and our 13 year old son)
We had one of the two bigger rooms which was a very good size indeed. Huge double bed and a sofa type bed for my son. The room had air conditioning which worked extremely well and which we had full control of. The best air con I have experienced in any hotel. Much needed as it was reaching 34 degrees much of the holiday. Room also had a small fridge to keep your drinks etc cool.
Room very clean and tended to each day by cleaner and regular change of fresh towels. Also provided are towels for the pool area. Worth knowing as we took our own and we need not have had we know these were also provided.
Breakfast served from 830 to 1030 in the outdoor covered kitchen area. This area has tables for each room and also has a BBQ kettle sink fridge all kitchen utensils cups plates cooker hob / microwave for your use throughout the day should you wish to prepare a meal or make a cup of tea. Tea coffee provided. what more could you want. Simply clean up after yourself was all that was required. A very nice touch this I thought.

Pool deep 2.4 meters at its deepest point and not very shallow at its shallowest point. Not a problem but worth noting if you have small children. Pool though in my opinion was fantastic with a tremendous view and perfect for relaxing around with a mix of high quality wooded beds and drinks tables parasols and aluminium nylon beds.
Some days we were the only people around the pool and all rooms were occupied. Never a shortage of beds.
Breakfasts was continental fresh croissants bread jams fruit salad freshly prepared coffee tea fresh orange, natural yogurt.

Le Cap is a good walk into town and it is difficult to park a car in town. We had a car but we walked every day 20mins into town down hill. (2 miles) Quite a pull back up but I like to walk when I am holiday it means i can eat more ! We did all enjoy the walk and we walked in and back on a morning and again down for dinner and back on an evening. It is possible and the views are wonderful. (The walk does involve some steps which are not lit at night but we had no problems. ) Any one or reasonable fitness will manage though may be difficult with small children due to the steps if you have a buggy for example.

To summarise great accommodation and great hosts. though this is not a hotel it is a B&B the rooms pool etc and gardens would be in my opinion on a 4 star plus level.
We stayed for 1 week but others seemed to stay for a few days.
I dont think you could be disappointed with this accommodation. It is not a hotel it is a B&B but it almost has a feel of being your own personal villa it is so relaxed.
Very Very Good. The owners have really given what they offer some thought and attention to detail and quality is fantastic
I hope this is useful to anyone considering booking. You will not be disapointed. Enjoy

Room Tip: 2 rooms number 1 and 2 can sleep 3 people
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Le Cap? Share your experiences!