“An in-house gem” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Woking, Surrey
“An in-house gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I must admit, that I only ate in the hotel's restaurant because I couldn't be bothered to get back in my car and go elsewhere. I am so glad I did!
Being on my own, I did not want a very fancy meal - but this restaurant aspires to Michelin quality (if it isn't, already, Michelin-rated). Despite only ordering a main course, I was delighted by two amuse bouche - both exquisite - and the main course was even better. I only wish my wife had been with me to enjoy the experience!
The staff were attentive but not intrusive and presented everything expertly. A thoroughly enjoyable evening!
The wine list is also excellent - with wines from €40 to €3,000 - so there is something for everyone - and served by a very knowledgeable sommelier.

Visited January 2013

Gothenburg
“Slow, unprofessional and no value for money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

The restaurant supposes to be very good and at the one star Guide Michelin class level, but it was really bad. We had to wait for ever for everything we ordered and the missed what we ordered. It took 2, 5 hours for us to get the main course and when we left we were the only ones at the restaurant. The food was ok but not as good as the price was high. The view is wonderful and the staff is friendly and trying but it takes much more if you are paying almost 30 Euros for a main course.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere