“Good value for money” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Good value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We found this restaurant in the Michelin guide. It has a BIB gourmand recommendation and this usually means that the food is good for a reasonable price. The restaurant lived up to our expectations. We only had a starter and a main course as the portions are so generous, it left no room for a dessert. You can get a 4-course meal for 27 euros, which is good value for money. The quality is good: no haute cuisine but fresh, local ingredients and well-prepared. The service was very good and both the owner and his assistant were very friendly, and funny as well. We can certainly reccommend this place.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

83% Recommend
london
“Great meal owner has a fantastic moustache”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

A very welcoming restaurant with some historic dishes, hard working husband and wife team, reasonably priced set menus, but do not miss the provencal sorbets, the lavender is spectacular.
Wine too well chosen.
Eating outside.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
NYC
“Funniest people but food not so good.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

We really wanted to like this place because the guy who runs the restaurant is a character. He was funny, loving and sincere. The decor of the restaurant was lovely too with a theme of chicken.
But the food was a huge disappointment. My husband and I both ordered prix fixe menu but none of the dishes, both appetizers and entrees were memorable.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
London
“Best lunch in provence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

Found by accident but what a find! Some ententirely new tastes/flavours for me all served up with charm, humour in a beautiful garden terrace out the back. The recoomended house Rose wine was great and absolutely perfect for lunch on a hot day. I had a salmon starter interestingly combined with apple as the secondary flavour. My main was faux fillet which I should probably have ordered rare as the medium was too cooked for my taste but that is my only gripe, accompaniments were perfectly cooked. For dessert I had lavender creme brulee which was like a little piece of heaven. Unusual (for me) flavour but absolutely worked and the creme brulee itself was light and creamy all at the same time. I could happily have eaten it several times over. My friend's chocoltae dessert was also awesome. The co-owner is clearly a character and amusingly and patiently explained/translated the menu for us. The other waiting staff were also charming.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
St. Paul MN
“Awesome restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2010

Restaurant in an ancient chicken coop and decorated with chicken theme. We came early and found a man who looked like a Canadian lumberjack outside the door doing bookwork using a gas lantern. He ushered us in and turned out to be an owner. He spoke excellent English. Groups of local people started to filter in a few minutes later and filled up the tables (I think we were the only tourists). The owner would spend large chunks of time pulling a chair up to their tables and talking with them (he got so engrossed in this it took about 45 minutes for us to get our check after we requested it). His wife--a classically trained chef--was in the kitchen preparing the food. Without exception the food was delightfully presented and delicious and the prices were very reasonable. A very enjoyable dining experience even with the wait.

• 5 of 5 stars Food