“Ok for a night!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of hotelF1 Beauvais

hotelF1 Beauvais
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Beauvais
hotelF1 Beauvais
You added hotelF1 Beauvais to your Saves list
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   23 Avenue Montaigne, 60000 Beauvais, France   |
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Beauvais
Montreal, Canada
“Ok for a night!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Our flight arrived late in Beauvais Airport and we had decided to reserve a room at this budget hotel. Indeed, it is not that close to the airport (approx. 8km). A taxi will set you back €20. The room was basic with a double bed and a bunk bed with new bedding. It had a sink and small LCD TV. Free WiFi. The showers and washrooms were on the same floor. The washroom was not clean. Not practical when you need to use the facilities during the night. A few restaurants are around the corner including McDonalds and Buffalo Bill. Thanks to receptionist Valerie who was very helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Paris
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

It was my first stay in the updated F1s, I was pleasantly surprised, especially with the fast free internet and the improved bedding. There is a bus from outside Beauvais station, I think it was number 20. But there is no Sunday service, so i had to walk back, a good 40 minute walk. Typical F1, it is located on a zone commercial, with a hypermarket, Courtpaile restaurant very close, there is even a Buffalo Grill 200 m away. I was lucky enough to get a 50% discount at Courtpaille from my Auchan hypermarket receipt, so I had a huge steak. I checked in early, just after midday, it was no problem, a room was available. The F1 was quiet, my non smoking room did not smell of tabaco, the breakfast was good, using ingredients from known brands and the crusty french baguettes. The bed was comfortable, the showers/toilet clean, they clean themselves regularly. Yes you must push the shower button every 30 seconds, to maintain the flow, but you can content yourself with the thought of being ecological. The airport shuttle bus passes the hotel, but I think it is the one from CDG to Beauvais airport.
Yes, I had happy time, except the lavk of Sunday bus, but then you can call a taxi. I stayed 2 days at the weekend, I paid only 24 euros per night plus breakfast.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

When you pay less than 40€ per night you can expect whatever kind of service.
But this F1 was a great surprise.
The room was very clean, the location perfect (just in the middle of the commercial area) and the ambient was very nice.
Ok, some could argue that shared toilet is not the best, but there are some 4/6 per floor and very clean.
PERFECT for 1-2 day, it could become less lovable for longer periods.
I strongly recommend it, if your priority is the price with an attention to quality.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Vilnius, Lithuania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

Hotel F1 is a the cheapest hotel in city (36 EUR for double of triple) as there is no hostels. Hotel is simple and average type. Toillets and showers are shared with all floor. F1 is about 20 min. from city center with bus.

Room Tip: All rooms has three beds, so the cheapest way is for groups of three people.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Vilnius, Lithuania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

It was even less than I was expecting. The stuff has troubles with any foreign language, it is hard to find and far from the airport (You have to change the bus while going from airport to the hotel). It was noisy and the toilets dirty. It is really far from the city center.
The room was clean, and the fast food restaurants to have a cheep meal are around. Also a big shopping center is on the other side of the street. So if You are looking just for a night between your flights it is quite a good choice, but not more.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed here after a holiday to Paris, our flight was leaving from Beauvais earlyish in the morning and we didnt want to do the Paris-Beauvais journey the same day so we just stopped over here. Have no real complaints about the place, we checked in and went down to one of the resaturants situated very close by for a late dinner. It was clean and comfortable all we need for a short stop over. We had breakfast there too- a continental breakfast and all you can eat. The hotel then rang us a taxi in the morning to take us to the airport. The reception closes after a certain time of night so we were lucky to check-in with a person rather than a machine.

• Liked — The location to the airport
  • Disliked — it felt like you were abandoned hould anything go wrong, location-wasnt much around apart from a few other similar hotels and a few restaurants
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2007

Car troubles, had to stay the night in Beauvais. The only good thing I can say about this hotel is that the staff are lovely (but you hardly ever see them, so you're on your own really, in this place). It was dingier than I remember student accomodation to be - dim lighting, smelly rooms etc. Noisy, dirty, and as a single woman, I felt VERY unsafe here - got whistled at a couple of times by guys in the corridor, and there was nowhere to run (hotel is on the edge of a parking lot - not nice at night). People were hanging around in the corridor (a bit like I imagine a prison to be at hours people are let out of their rooms - except there are no security guards here!). Room door was dodgy, with a code to tap as you go in. A couple of times a guy walked behind me and I got paranoid he would see me tapping my (very short and obvious) security code (anyone who taps it can unlock the door). Showers far from the rooms next to the toilets. Nowhere to change (tiny cubicles opening directly onto the hallway.. I really didn't feel comfortable. It was the only hotel left with a spare room in the area, and as I say, I was having car troubles... Also, as there is no bar, I wandered round to the Mercure next door for a drink, only to be told by the formula 1 receptionist on the way round that Formula 1 guests weren't "allowed" to drink in the Mercure hotel bar (bearing in mind that anyone else can - it is a bar open to the public, not just guests). However, I did anyway, and the Mercure barstaff were charming, and I felt safe there. I guess if you're not in the least bit paranoid, want something cheap, and you would be happy sleeping in an open house with loads of strangers, you could get away with this place for the night. But it still wouldn't be comfortable. If you can book in advance for a stop over, book the Mercure or the Ibis next door (not hat much more expensive). They're in the same complex, but the safety and comfort factor is incomparable. But last minute rooms there are unlikely because of the airport and last minute travellers (you can call and reserve a room the same day a few hours ahead of arrival, and then you might be ok, but by most evenings, it's fully booked - that's what the receptionist told me). I'm not a snob - I have and do stay in cheap hotels as much as expensive ones, and very often the cheaper ones do the job just as well as the pricey ones. But this was just nasty!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything, but particularly the safety factor
  • Stayed June 2006
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to hotelF1 Beauvais? Share your experiences!