“This is a great updated hotel, excellent food, friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Mercure Beauvais
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21 Avenue Montaigne, 60000 Beauvais, France   |
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Beauvais
Chicago, Illinois
“This is a great updated hotel, excellent food, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

I last stayed at this hotel in 2006, I enjoyed it then so I decided I would stay here again- I am very glad I chose to! The hotel has been completely updated since I last stayed here. All the rooms have flat screen tv's, new beds, and air conditioning! The air conditioning is excellent- gets the room very cold. The beds are very comfortable with a nice quilt on top. The tv is brand new and has about 30 channels, I must warn you though- about 25 of those channels are all in French. One is Italian, German, and then 2 or 3 stations are in English. The internet is free and extremely fast. I had no trouble streaming video from my tv back in the states.

The hotel itself is generally low key and quiet, at times i felt i was the only one in the whole place! As such, it's very easy to get a good nights sleep. The restaurant is excellent. I ate lunch in the restaurant 2 days in a row and was very happy with the food. Good selection of entrees and a very fair selection wine.

The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Everyone I ran into spoke English quite well, a lot better than my poor attempt at French. I usually only take day trips to Beauvais for work from Paris, but if I need to spend then night i will not hesitate to stay at the Mercure!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
merbvs, General Manager at Mercure Beauvais, responded to this review, December 16, 2010
Dear Customer,

The whole team really apreciated your remarks, and look forward to your next stay.

Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Mullingar, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2007

We stayed here for one night in mid July 07.
We were flying early out of Beauvais the following morning.
Arrived in town at aorund 9pm without anywhere booked but remembered staying here 5 years previously and remembered where it was. Had a quick look around the other nearby hotels and were looking for min 3* so we opted for the Mercure.
As we were a group of 2 adults and 2 kids, we needed a family room. They dont do family rooms but have some connecting rooms and we had to pay for 2 rooms at aorunf 90 euros each room only. To be honest we didnt mind paying for 2 rooms as we were were just glad to get somewhere so late in the evening.
Rooms were spotless, no air con though or tea / coffee etc.
Paid €6.20 for a pint of lager in the beer which is the most expensive I have ever paid anywhere. There were a few guests around that seemed to be mainly business type - we were the onlly tourists ! Breakfast was great - large selection of everything - cost was 12 euros per person but they charged half for the kids.
Overall I would recommend it but it is out of town and very dear for a pint - are they are town centre hotels avaialble for 90 euroes per room ?

• Liked — clean, courteous staff
  • Disliked — no air con, no family rooms
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2005

Good budget hotel close to the airport of Beauvais. Room-size OK, good beds, clean, TV and OK bathroom. No air-conditioning, so it can get hot at night during summertime. Only 62 Euros per double room, so the price is good. We ate at the restaurant on the Saturday night we were there, and the restaurant was almost full of French people from the city. We loved the food. Friendly staff, but not very good in English. Good parking-space on site.

• Stayed June 2005

Been to Mercure Beauvais? Share your experiences!