We stayed at the Pierre et Vacances Prenium Residence and spa Houlgate for one week in April 2014. This is not our first stay in a P&V residence but it was our 1st stay in a Prenium residence.
The Residence is quite large and is made up of apartments and homes. We stayed in a 4 people house. It was very comfortable for 2 people and a family with kids would have no problem sharing the space but it would be a bit tight if it was for 4 adults. Its location, while difficult to find, is lovely. It is up the hill which means that there is a beautiful view of the town and sea from the residence. It is in a quiet area but yet only a 10min walk to Houlgate's beach and main street.
We really liked it but there are a few points I would like to point out as there is always room for improvement:
The pool: only open in summer so if you have children....no pool. We did get pay to get access to the spa (pool + hammam ....) but at 20 euro per person for a half day if you are a resident: it can become quite expensive if you would like to go for a swim every day.
The cleaning: you are asked to clean the kitchen area and remove the bedsheets from the bed.... not the end of the world but I would prefer to know that the kitchen and cutlery would be cleaned by someone working there rather than relying on the cleaning standards of the previous guests. I have also found a good few cobwebs and spiders behind furniture or curtains so cleaning could be improved. It simply seems that all visible areas are looked after as it is clean but any hidden away area seems to be forgotten about.
Otherwise, the personnel was friendly, although we only needed to see them when checking in and checking out, the grounds of the property are really well maintained. Also, we had brought our dog with us. France has a very laid back attitude when it comes to pets and it was great to see.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ideal combination of sea and countrysideA luxury residence facing the seaA 'luxury' spa, combining modernity and innovation ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Pierre & Vacances, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Pierre & Vacances Premium Residence & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pierre And Vacances Premium Residence & Spa
- Pierre & Vacances Premium Residence Hotel Houlgate