“Pleasant” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Ross-on-Wye, United Kingdom
“Pleasant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Ok so we were staying out the main season and a lot of places were shut. this restaurant was open and very busy. There is a nice enclosed area outside and we made the most of the good weather to eat outdoors.

The selection of meals was good with the obvious bias towards seafood as you would expect, given the location.

Service was good. I am looking forward to revisiting Boulogne later this month to see how this restaurant compares with some of the others that should be open by then

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Hertford, United Kingdom
“Amazing food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We (two students) chose here for dinner. I had the half chicken (about 11 euros). It came with chips and veg and was really amazing. I couldn't actually finish it as the portion was huge but what I did eat was lovely. We got given bread and water when we asked for it. The waiter was a bit odd - winking and so on - but all in all it was a good meal.

• Visited June 2014
Chester, United Kingdom
“Excellent brasserie, fast & friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Revisited on our annual May pilgrimage to France, very conveniently situated. Has a large sheltered external eating and drinking area. The restaurant appears to have been together updated and has younger and brighter waiting staff who cope really well with us English travellers who have poor French. Menu is bilingual. When I visited they coped really well with an unexpected party of 14 English visitors. A good place for a quality meal promptly served.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Peebles, United Kingdom
“Just as good as ever!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I was here last Saturday with a little of trepidation after some of the negative reviews and aas you may have read I was very keen on this resto!

I must admit the food was as good as ever, the service excellent and the wine superb,

The new external seating area much iproverd on the old area with greater shelter from the wind!

So all in all I can see no change in this establishment except it is still fantastic!

• Visited March 2014
diss
“so much better than last time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

My husband and I had lunch here last week and it was one of the loveliest meals ever.
He had the meat plat du jour (veal liver) and I had the fish (la lingue); both were in lovely sauces. Le pot de vin rouge was very good as well.
The weather was exceptionally warm, we enjoyed sitting outside drinking the lovely St. Omer draught beer.
I dont really understand the recent reviews, we would not agree with them at all. It was our favourite meal of our stay in Boulogne

• Visited March 2014