“Wonderful Les Saisons” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Les Saisons

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Villeneuve-les-Avignon
Les Saisons
You added Les Saisons to your Saves list
7 Place de l'Oratoire, 30400 Villeneuve-les-Avignon, France   |
Sydney
“Wonderful Les Saisons”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

What a wonderful B&B this. Our room was large and modern with lovely bathroom and was quiet and relaxing and opening the shutters watching the sun come up was amazing. The bed was comfortable and being so qiuet made for a good nights sleep. Gerard is a terrific host and full of tips about the area and so were guided about the best areas to go. Close to Avignon you could take the bus from just down the road into the city without the hassle of parking. Breakfast on the terrace was fresh and lovely served by Gerard each morning and chatting to other guests made for a wonderful start to the day. Certainly a wonderful place to stay and would recommend to everyone. Thanks Gerard.

Room Tip: Any room would be wonderful.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I cannot come up with enough accolades for Gerard and his charming B&B. We had only four days to enjoy the gracious hospitality of Gerard, and wish it had been more. Our room was so spacious; the bath, tremendous, and the views from every window, spectacular. Villeneuve is a wonderful town away from the hustle and bustle of Avignon, yet with all the amenities. Gerard recommended wonderful restaurants just steps away from Les Saisons. Located in a quiet quarter of Villeneuve, it was easy to park our rental car right outside our door. Gerard's decor, his meticulous attention to detail and incredible antiques are a feast for the eye. At breakfast we heard wonderful stories about his career as a principal dancer, and director of Europe's most celebrated revues. Our experience at Les Saisons will be one we will remember with fondness and joy.
Rick(Henry) & Judy

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband and I do not normally stay in B&B type properties, but the Les Saisons website was so intriguing and I had such a lovely email exchange with Monsieur Gerard, that I decided we should give this a try. We had stayed in the heart of Avignon previously and did not plan to do more sighseeing on that side of the river, so Villeneuve was a perfect alternative. We were delighted with the city as we made our way into town and it was very easy to find the signs for Les Saisons, on a lovely side street. We had reserved L'Ete and it was lovely -- high ceiling, spacious, colorfully decorated (the web photos are totally accurate), with a really modern attractive bathroom (love the walk-in, tiled shower). We had both a fan and a/c to choose from for the night and had a very quiet and comfortable night's sleep. The next morning was truly a treat -- breakfast had been set up outdoors in the garden and we were the first guests down, so we had a leisurely breakfast while talking to Gerard and exchanging all kinds of personal travel stories. The tables were set with lovely Provencal tablecloths, with a huge assortment of fresh breads and pastries, butter and jam, juice, yogurt and perhaps the best fresh coffee we had on the entire trip. There may be a few small differences in terms of the room experience (I forgot there would be no hairdryer or so many shampoo/lotion bottles), but those are easy to forget in trade for such an interesting host, stylish decor, and relaxing environment.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Great Falls, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

A summer delight with a remarkable sense of humor of the owner Gerrad . His attention to personal detail and thirsty needs of his guests made us feel right at home.Very knowledgeable about the Provence Region.. guided us more and better than any guide book and we did a few things which only locals would do.Even parking which is a hassle ,he would go out of his way to save parking space for his guests.
Merci , Gerrad for treating us like your family.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Brazil
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

This is an amazing B&B and I would love to return, but it is not for everyone. I really don't believe that families with small children should stay here, because this is a very small place (only for rooms, named like the weather seasons) and therefore do not offer many child-like facilities.

Pros: The city itself, Villeneuve les Avignons it's a much better choice than bigger cities like Avignon. It has plentiful free parking space, some very nice restaurants and the provençal state of mind (for me, provence is all about small cities, where everyone knows everyone, people are friendly with stranges etc etc etc). And I am not even mentioning the beautiful historic sites, like the papal castle. The B&B itself is very charming, and I would recommend the Printemps room, since it's the bigger one and has a gorgeous view to the castle and to the back garden. The breakfast is simple, but always with fresh and delicious french croissants, butter, jam, yogurt, juice, coffee and tea. In Printemps room, the toilet is separate from shower and bathroom, which I think is very good. Gerald, the owner, is also a "pros" himself. I just can't describe him, you will need to go and find for yourself. What I can say is that me and my boyfriend definitely enjoyed the peculiarities of his personality.

Cons: Having to pay the rest of the fee in cash, the amenities were not replenished in a five day stay. A lot of stairs too (ok, I know that there's nothing to do about it, since it's and old historic house, but I need to comment. I must also say that Gerald was very kind to take my very heavy suitcase to the room).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
, Owner at Les Saisons, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
I sincerely appreciate the title of this comment.
I like even more to discover that I am "peculiar" (!) In which sense ?
As a french man I dont really get it. I hope that it means at least that I am not a boring dude.
The website of Les Saisons is clear and precised about the fact that the place is not suitable for young childrens.
Our charming guest on her "DOWN" points is stating the obvious. as we are also clear (and detailled) about breakfast being Continental.
We always emphasise on our courrier and Mails that having no facilities for C/Card (like most Maisons d'Hotes) , it is more advantageous for guests to pay the balance in cash, than by bank transfer with high commission fees.
Naturally holders of a French bank account can pay by cheques.
We only have 2 floors ...really not the Himalayas.

We let 4 bedrooms -out of 7- to guests as regulated by the Chambres d'Hotes classifications allowing only a maximum of 5
More and it would be a Hotel.
The same regulations do not oblige the management to add Amenities (bits and pieces like soap,Q/tips , kleenex etc...)
We offer them as a welcome gesture , as we do with the flowers and chocolates.
Towels are changed every "other"day and this is more often than certain 5 stars hotels who are now solliciting customers to keep sheets and towels for a maximum of time for ecological reasons.
The French idea of a Chambres d'Hotes is one of a Private home where the owners offers you to share their surroundings , way of life and experiences.I
It is not a requisit but it is always better naturally if guests can adjust to their rythm.
This create that unique atmosphere ,who can never be found in a Hotels chain.
Thank you to my charming guest for taking the trouble to write to Trip advisor and for the nice comments.
My apologies for a very PECULIAR bad french writing
From Avignon with love
Gerard
Bradenton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

we stayed here for 2 nights in early May. We had the" winter" room. it was lovely.Huge and very well appointed. Fresh flowers and chocolates were an extra touch.Gerard was a wonderful host and excellent chef. We enjoyed breakfast on the terrace . All the rooms were well decorated and we had a very pleasant stay. Enjoyed walking through the village. We had a car but it was more convenient to take the bus into Avignon. Wished we could have stayed longer. Thanks Gerard

Room Tip: the winter room was huge
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

In early May, four of us stayed for two nights at this beautiful b & b. We occupied the l'ete and l'hiver rooms. The l'hiver room is sumptuous and huge with soaring ceilings and modern conveniences. The l'ete room is also large and bright with lovely views. Each room has those extra touches such as fresh flowers and gourmet chocolates. The garden, patio and pool area is an unexpected little oasis. The decor in the rest of this historic house is over the top opulent with original artwork and tiffany style lamps. The diningroom has a large, inviting wood fireplace. Breakfast on the terrace is plentiful and delightful. Villeneuve les Avignon is itself worth exploring and has some wonderful views. There is an interesting antique market on Saturdays. Avignon is only a short, convenient bus ride away. For our first evening meal we walked five minutes to Le Table des Saveurs, excellent service and food. However, if you are as lucky as us to convince Gerard to cook a meal, you are in for a multi course treat. In all, a treasure, with a great host and certainly value for the price. Our thanks to Gerard and a hi to Matuna.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Les Saisons? Share your experiences!