“Nothing interesting there” 3 of 5 stars
Review of L'Abbaye du Cap

L'Abbaye du Cap
You added L'Abbaye du Cap to your Saves list
L'Abbaye du Cap
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av du Chevalier d_Alphonse | BP 615, 34305 Cap-d'Agde, Agde, France   |
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Cap-d'Agde
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Nothing interesting there”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I had the distinct impression that I was booking a hotel, while actually we had booked an apartment. The usual shortcomings are limited reception, awkward check-in and check-out times, etc. The receptionist was very helpful and deserves a special comment. The flat itself while spacious was nothing special, 2 small beds, the bathroom had mold and the toilet was smelly. I think this happened because you are supposed to clean it yourself or pay 40 euros. This was a huge let down for us as we didn't go there to engage in cleaning activities. The bathroom had one of the worst showers I have ever used. The flat doesn't have air conditioning so I am not sure if it would be a good idea to go there in August for example. On the other hand the balcony was large and had a nice view.

Overall the 'hotel' gets the job done and I must say I have seen worse establishments, however I would not recommend it to any of my friends or family.

Just a bit about Cap d'Agde. There is not much to do there and most of the locals don't like foreigners or foreign tourists, or tourists generally, I am not sure. The service in most of the restaurants we visited was poor.

Overall if you are considering going to Cap d'Agde I would suggest that you head elsewhere. You would have much better time in Spain or Italy for example with far more welcoming people.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We booked this as we had heard this was a lovely area to visit and liked the idea of having more space than the usual hotel room. The receptionist was very helpful and in the room had a folder with places to visit and eat. The kitchen has all the equipment you need and crockery is provided should you want to eat in. The place is very clean and you can even launder your clothes. There is security as you have codes to enter the property from either the marina or the road. It is ideal for families with a play area and in the evening there are many restaurants to choose from a well maintained property.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to L'Abbaye du Cap? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about L'Abbaye du Cap

Address: Av du Chevalier d_Alphonse | BP 615, 34305 Cap-d'Agde, Agde, France
Location: France > Languedoc-Roussillon > Herault > Agde > Cap-d'Agde
Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly )
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Cap-d'Agde
Hotel Class:2 star — L'Abbaye du Cap 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your L'Abbaye du Cap reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
L'Abbaye Du Cap France/Herault

If you own or manage L'Abbaye du Cap, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.