“This is not a Hotel.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Le golf du Cap d'Agde

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cap-d'Agde
Le golf du Cap d'Agde
You added Le golf du Cap d'Agde to your Saves list
Avenue des Alizes, 34300 Cap-d'Agde, Agde, France   |
Ranked #28 of 31 Hotels in Cap-d'Agde
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“This is not a Hotel.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

First, the good news as this is shorter and easier to write - this is not a hotel, it's small self contained studio rooms but they are clean and comfortable. The website says there is a bar, which there is but it wasn't open when we were there. We arrived at about 6.30pm and our key was in a box as there was no one covering reception. The room was quite nice although there was no instructions or written help on where anything was.

So, after a long trip, a shower was needed. Nope -no hot water and no one to tell! Nothing to eat and no facilities, not even directions to the nearest shop. Even though it was 6.30pm there were workmen tiling the studio next door.

When we found the receptionist the following morning and complained that we had not been able to shower she said sorry as if this was nothing to complain about. She said it was just bad luck as they were almost empty and she could have put us in any of the other rooms. So why put us next to a room that was being worked with banging and drills? Then, as if to rub it in, she put a family with a dog in the room the other side and the walls are paper thin. Why?.

We tried to leave and pay for the one poor night we had had, even without hot water, but we were told in no uncertain terms that we had paid for 3 nights and they would not offer any refund. So, we were stuck for another 2 nights with banging during the day and dog barking at night.

Even though we knew we would lose money we could not stand the thought of a third night there so booked into another, proper, hotel.

Thinking of visiting Cap d'Agde? Avoid this "hotel" if you can.

Room Tip: The room was ok - but the facilities are virtually non existent, service was terrible, poor location...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank UKHoneymoonersUK

Antwerp, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

The residence is now part from the Odalys Company. The hotel is now convert into a appartement resort. The residence was just open when i was there. It's a nice residence, but it's on the wrong location. Across the street there is a Lunapark and there were a lot of pubs and disco's.
There was a lot of noise all night long. Some rooms were just next to the pub's and the noise was really bad.
My room was nice and new, i had a brand new kitchen and bathroom. The negative point was that the bed was really bad. There was also one airo from the whole apartement. I had a terrace in a corner, but there was no privacy. The internet was broke down. There is a swimmingpool and a childerens pool.. Overal its a good place, for people who like to go out and have fun, but if you want a nice holiday with kids than this is not the place. Don't let you trick by the nice photo's from the view on the port, because 5 m next to the port there is a stripclub.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the reception, far away from the Lunapark
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nathalievb

Travelers are raving about these Cap-d'Agde hotels

Bexley Kent
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

I booked last minute and drove from the UK overnight, arrived very tired and was happy enough. Despite the hotel being literally empty, they had forgotten the pull out bed for my daughter. I had been promised a two bedded room but that was forgotten in our tired state. By the time they had installed the bed and we had collected our own luggage it was time for breakfast. This was a simple affair, and nice enough, but there were only two other couples and so they didn’t go mad. The cooked element was disappointingly small and at 54 Euros for three I felt ripped off. The next days we went to the Boulanger over the road and ate in the sun for 12 Euros.
The hotel pool outside was tiny, 12 foot across. The indoor pool had no showers, and was full of leaves, no attendant and no way to clear them out. The changing facilities were rubbish. The hotel is on the edge of the 10th green, and the wind, not noticeable in the port or really anywhere else, was blowing a constant gale off the course, for all three days we were there. I can’t imagine being able to eat outside there.
The rooms were ok, clean and functional, obviously no TV channels in English whatsoever. The separate toilet, whilst huge, had no sink, and no bidet. The communal areas were nice enough, a bit Marriot meets Travelodge, and the staff were mainly ok, although they really didn’t like it when you complained about anything, and showed it. If it was one of my hotels, I would have trained the staff to be much more accepting of criticism of the hotel. I said that the breakfast was overpriced and didn’t expect to be charged full price for such meagre offerings and was treated to an attitude by that female member of staff for the rest of our stay, despite me being very polite. The staff were friendly too, (the male receptionist suggesting I take my wife and 15 year old daughter to the Naturist camp for the “wife swap night” that he goes to was a particularly heartfelt suggestion) until I checked out. As I mentioned earlier, I had asked for a twin bedded room, and been given a double and a pull out, but on the bill was an extra 105 Euros for the camp bed. I was told by the receptionist that it was he that I had spoken to when booking and he had told me of the charge. Absolute drivel, there was no language barrier and I wouldn’t have forgotten that having booked only 3 hour before leaving!
Overall, having stayed at 4 and 5 star hotel around Europe, this is neither remarkably good, nor remarkably poor.

One word of warning; the balconies have shutters and they have fixed the catches to the floor, just as you step it of the door. THEY REALLY HURT when you kick them.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family