“Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Johns Creek
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

I loved our stay here. It is fabulous with flat screen tv and nice furniture. The bed is comfy. They have a shuttle service that takes you around the area. Everyone was so pleasant.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
clinton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2009

the best place to stay when in the johns creek area. rooms are great, tv is awesome. i stay there a lot, note that there are a handful of rooms that didnt fare so well in the renovation (recently completely re-done from an Amerisuites), but for the most part they are great. on a good day you can walk to most of the business park.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2009

Was transiting on an international trip through atlanta and wanted to stay close to a friends house in this area.

I was pleasantly surprised by the whole concept. Entirely self service, excellent customer service, great room with all the amenities you would need for business or pleasure.

Will stay there for sure again whenever I am back in Atlanta.

• Stayed January 2009
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2008

The Hyatt Place Johns Creek was a fantastic hotel. Stayed here before it was turned into a Hyatt Place and the changes were very impressive! They obviously upgraded the staff also as the customer service was great. The room was well designed and "hip" looking, but very comfortable. LOVED the big HDTV!

• Liked — The big HDTV and room decor
  • Disliked — the showerhead
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kissimmee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2008

My team and I arrived into Atlanta to participate in the Breast Cancer 3-Day walk and our experience at this hotel was nothing but a fabulous experience. From the moment we arrived we were treated with such respect and given a detailed explanation of services that were available to us as well as a very warm welcome. The room was very spacious, clean and accommodating. I am a firm believer of giving a compliment when it is due because our society has lost sight of that and only speak up when the experience was a negative one.

The staff, including Sean, Brandon, Todd, Joanne and Kashima displayed some of the very best customer service that I have seen in a long time. I hope that I have not left anyone out because the entire staff was great.

I would recommend this hotel to family and friends and I look forward to going back to Atlanta to visit this property again.

I must add that we changed hotels after 3 days because of the route that we had to walk, and I can honestly say that we would have driven the extra miles to continue our stay, because the other hotel was a BIG disappointment.

Thank you very much to the entire staff at Hyatt Place Johns Creek for making us feel so welcome. Keep up the good work!

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Memphis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2008

I sat down to write this review and for the first time read all of the other reviews and was shocked to see so many negatives. I can only guess that management must have done a clean sweep including personnel.
I stayed here at the recommendation of a business client located in the vicinity.
My wife was with me, and we were delighted with everything...deco, cleanliness, friendly and eager workers, a great breakfast setup that gives the choice of the customary free items, or a cooked to order breakfast that you pay a reasonable price for.
There is also a pretty lake and trail behind the hotel, and a canteen serving beer, wine, sandwiches, salads, coffee, specialty coffee drinks, and other drinks.
This will definitely be the hotel of choice for me whenever I return to the area.

• Stayed October 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Miami
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2008

I was assigned a first floor room near the parking lot. I asked to be moved due to noise and was placed in a room with no air conditioning. When I reported that problem I was left standing in the lobby while the staff tried to find the maintenance people to fix the air. I asked to be reassigned to another room and was ignored so I had to ask a second time. I was given the wrong room key for the 3rd room I was placed in and finally, on the 4th try, I got a comfortable room. I was offered no apologies by the staff and they seemed put out by the experience.

Later I discovered that wireless internet was out in the entire hotel. I asked if they knew where the router was and if they could reset the service. No one knew where it was but one of the staff members had me follow her to a server room. In that room was a box that read in large print "press this button to reset guest internet access". I pointed it out to the staff member and was a little surprised that they were not told about its existence. Before anyone could press the button a second staff member came in and told me I was not allowed back there even though I had been asked to follow the first staff member. She asked me to leave rather rudely as if I had gone back without permission. The end result was no internet access for my entire stay.

In the morning, the maid knocked one time and then entered the room. We awoke to the door opening and asked her to leave.

Other negatives were that the towels are extremely scratchy and thin and the blanket in the closet smelled like mildew.

THE GOOD: The room was fairly clean and comfortable. The decor is modern and looked new. There is a sectional sofa with a pullout bed. Sheets seemed clean. The TV is a large flat screen which we loved. Channel selection is mediocre but movie choices are good.

Overall the room was fine but the service was terrible. If you value good service DO NOT STAY HERE. I love Hyatt Place but was extremely dissatisfied with my stay at this location. I'm fairly certain I will never stay there again.

• Liked — Clean room, large television
  • Disliked — service was awful
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hyatt Place Johns Creek? Share your experiences!