“Avoid front facing rooms” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Campanile Paris Ouest Pont de Suresnes

You added Campanile Paris Ouest Pont de Suresnes to your Saves list
Campanile Paris Ouest Pont de Suresnes
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 boulevard Henri Sellier | Zac Coty, 92150 Suresnes, France   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
ADDITIONAL 10€ DISCOUNT
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Suresnes
London, UK
“Avoid front facing rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Firstly I was hit with a very bad smell on entry to the hotel. It is an unpleasant damp smell. I suspect that it may come from the lift shafts or the drains. However, according to my colleagues, this has been like this for a long time.
The staff where courteous, and Natacha on the front desk was very helpful. As was Emile in the restaurant, even though I couldn't speak French.
Avoid getting a front facing room. The noise for the 7 lane street is very loud and the double glazing is not adequate to stop it. It's ear plugs all the way I'm afraid. I will definitely request a rear facing room for my return trip next week.
Food in the restaurant is remarkable good. And a lot better than it was when I came a couple of months ago.
Wifi is so slow if compared to BT Infinity. Also, it gets worse early evening, proving that they do not have sufficient bandwidth to supply the hotel.
Even though the tv has 4 HDMI sockets, it has been nobbled so that you cannot select these as an input so was unable to connect a laptop, Chromecast or anything else..shame.
Back next week, when I shall try out the laundry service :)

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Fabrice N, Gérant at Campanile Paris Ouest Pont de Suresnes, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear guest,

We thank you for your comment about our hotel.
We are very concerned about the quality of our services and it is only through comments of our guests that we are able to improve our standards.
We apologize for the inconvience you knew during your stay. I will discuss the points of the smell and the Wifi with my staff.
We also apologize for the noise you suffered during your stay.

I will transmit your compliments to the team reception and to the team restaurant.

We do hope that you will consider these incidents to be unrepresentative of our normal practices.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Yours sincerely.
Fabrice N.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Smell of dirty clothes prevailing in the room despite the visibly clean bed linen, recption does not answer the phone, otherwise very good location, have not checked the restaurant. The towels were old and worn, get wet very quickly

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

We acknowledge receipt of your advice following your stay in our hotel. We are very concerned about the quality of all our services, and it is only through the constructive comments of our guests that we are able to maintain, and when necessary, improve our standards for your benefit.

We apologize for all the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I will transmit your comments to the staff of the reception and of the stairs so that we could improve these points.

We do hope that you will consider these incidents to have been unrepresentative of our normal practices, and that you will not be deterred from using our hotel, as we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Yours sincerely,
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times more for convenience rather than choice. The town of Suresnes is quote pretty and well connected with a train station.

The rooms in the hotel are very small, (typical of this standard of hotel in Paris) and dark but have decent showers and internet access. The one huge oversight is the lack of ironing facility. I was able to borrow an iron from reception but told they do not have ironing boards!

I too experienced the sticky fingers of the cleaning staff and had a stack of coins taken from my room during cleaning. I reported this but nothing was made of the complaint.

The restaurant in the hotel is a pretty good buffet at a reasonable price and breakfast is ample.

All in all 3 stars is about right

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Fabrice N, Gérant at Campanile Paris Ouest Pont de Suresnes, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your return, it’s very important for us to know what our guests feel.
Regarding the ironing facility, I'll go with my collaborators to improve our service. We are sorry for the discomfort caused by this lack of facility.
I will also share your appreciation of our restaurant with my collaborators.

Finally, regarding the inconvenience in your room, we are really sorry and we will communicate with our staff to avoid this kind of disagreement in the future.

I hope my answer is up to your expectations.

Best Regards,
Manager
Ahmedabad
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We have booked campanile hotel for our paris tour from germany, while we have reached over there by train from dusseldorf & asked about the taxi driver to hotel then the driver told us it is not in paris, even we had confirmed at information counter on nord railway station then they said it is not in paris local map even, then we have asked about refund to cleartrip before check in time then they told to us it is non refundable - so we have to book another hotel room & finally we have to spend 450 Euros...

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

London, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

The hotel has been recently renovated and is clean and adequate.
There us no air conditioning (as specified on the website) and the very small rooms get very stuffy. Don't even think about opening the windows as the road noise is crazy.
My main concern is the cleaning staff. My colleague had his iPod stolen from his room whilst we where out working. On his return, the hotel where apologetic, but just sent him for a 2 hour wait at the police station.
As their are no safes in the rooms (they are all very basic) this was of a high concern to me. This is supposed to be a business hotel, and I have 3 phones & 2 computers with me. I cannot be expected to keep these with me at all times.
I am due to return in 3 weeks so will see if they have made any progress on security and staff with sticky fingers!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
cardiff
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Just returned from a long weekend in Paris staying at this Hotel.
If it wasn't for the staff - the Hotel would be good!,,, Value for money and close tot the centre of Paris.

The rooms were small but very clean and had all the basic necessities. Nice powerful shower etc,,,

The breakfast was continental and aside from not always being replenished enough it was very nice.

Evening meals were adequate, not to everyone's liking but it wasn't poor quality.

The downside was the staff, they were utterly appalling, rude, vulgar and not worthy of their jobs. They did nothing to help us, we had constant problems with them and they seem utterly disinterested in fulfilling their role as hospitality employees. They really do let the hotel down. The reception staff were really dismal. And the restaurant staff mumbled under their breath etc when they were displeased.

I really cant comment more on how awful the staff were.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Booked this hotel because we had tickets for the French Open and we wanted something nearby and not too expensive. The hotel has recently been refurbished and it looks nice and clean. Rooms were a good size for French standards. Coffee and tea making facilities in the room came in handy. Granted the room doesn’t have a closet but then again if it’s only for an overnight stay who needs it. Bathroom was clean with two big shower heads in the bathtub. Beds were a bit too hard for our taste but that is personal preference.
We came in late and we could still have dinner in the restaurant, which offers a buffet with a large selection of cold and hot dishes for a reasonable price.
Breakfast was a bit disappointing. Being in France you would expect some French cheeses no? They only had Emmental (which is Suisse). Also, due to the French Open tournament I suppose, the hotel was very busy and the re-fills of bread and other items took way to long. The staff just sauntered around and kept telling it was coming… Finally they showed up with five (!) baguettes… In the end they did bring out some more croissants and bread but by then we were all filled up with yoghurt… And this at a price of 10€ per person...
Location wise, ideal if you are going to Roland Garros or the horseraces nearby. I’m not too sure for the center of Paris though.
The hotel has a large underground parking at 24€ per 24h which is a good alternative for public parking.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Campanile Paris Ouest Pont de Suresnes? Share your experiences!