“My city break in Paris” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Euro Hotel Sovereign Saint Denis

You added Euro Hotel Sovereign Saint Denis to your Saves list
Euro Hotel Sovereign Saint Denis
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100/102 rue Gabriel Peri Place 8 Mai 1945, 93200 Saint-Denis, France   |
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Saint-Denis
London
“My city break in Paris”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

The hotel is easy to get to from the station and near many shops and markets. The hotel room was also very clean and the beds were really comfortable. However we found it to be too far from the centre of Paris and would recommend a taxi back if you plan to stay out after hours. Otherwise, the staff were helpful and the accommodation felt safe, clean and comfortable!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Polish first
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

The hotel/weird apartment block was, as quoted on their website, very near to a metro station, but then where isn't in Paris?! It wasn't the most picturesque or romantic areas of Paris but as a male I didn't find it too intimidating... If I was a girl (my girlfriend included) I would not feel quite as comfortable. It is a multicultural area, which is great, but it didn't give it the elegant, Parisean feel one might hope for. Although, when holidaying on a budget you can't expect too much and having 3 turkish kebab shops to choose from suited us on 1 of the evenings.

The hotel itself was slightly hidden behind a building site but had very friendly staff once entering into the clean, welcoming reception. The staff took no time in checking our booking and pointing us in the direction of our room for our romantic trip away.

Once we had gone back to reception to get a key that worked, we entered into our holiday home/cupboard for the next 3 days. Well, it was clean, which is very important. Unfortunately, that is about where the good points finish and to be honest the shower curtain had mould growing up it so 'clean' is actually quite generous! It had a TV showing CNN and BBC World so that was a bonus but there wasn't a kettle to make a brew or a fridge to keep our lovely French cheese from making our humble abode smell even less inviting!

The room was cleaned each morning with fresh towels and the bed made so, as mentioned before, the staff really couldn't be faulted. The only thing I would have liked to have seen on the website would be the size and standard of the accommodation that we would be staying in. I know I couldn't expect too much for the money I paid but I would have paid the extra for a little more comfort on my 1st trip away with my lovely girlfriend.

I hope I don't come across as being too negative about this hotel but merely wanted to give you the truth about where you are choosing to stay. For a group of blokes, looking for some cheap accommodation with a short journey into the centre then this is a winner. Otherwise I would shop around and pay a little more for the comfort you want on your trip away to the beautiful city of Paris.

I hope this helps...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I appreciate how a low cost hotel operates and not providing the best of the services is fine. But what really annoyed me is the hotel staff. They were very rude and behaved as if they are managing a 7 star hotel. First of all they are not fluent English speakers(which is OK), on top of it they make you (a English speaker) look like a complete idiot by not responding properly. I booked for a double room and they did not even apologise for giving me a twin bed room. I agree that the neighbourhood is not pleasant but one can still live it as long as they move in normal times.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel

Paris
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

The hotel gave rooms with lots of storage space, and the employees cleaned it up every day. Things the hotel would need to improve on include quick service, new decoration scheme for the rooms (but this is just my opinion), include air-conditioning and maybe some more comfortable beds.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We booked a quadruple room last October and because we were on a budget we didn't really care about anything but the price but I can assure you this was the first hotel where I don't even dare to walk around without my slippers on in both the room and the bathroom.
The bathroom floor wasn't made of tiles but that plastic pvc/carpet thingy that I don't consider sanitary for bathroom use. The bedsheet was white but then they have this duvet cover made from something that people use to make curtains from which seems so dirty that I just remove it from my bed.
The few plus points was that it was quite cheap for Paris standard and they do clean the room daily and change the sheets.
Also the environment was actually good, near stores/market/restaurants and shopping centre, there is a big carrefour on walking distance. Many foreigners but we don't really mind because they are far much friendlier than the French itself.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Hannover, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

My mother and me stayed at this hotel for three days in April 2012.The most important advantage of this hotel is price, in compare of other hotels in Paris.Hotel is far from the city center, but this is close to metro and bus station. You just walk for 5 minutes to reach them. Hotel is not located in a modern area.Rooms are very small. I can say this hotel is average in all things.

I remember, after I reserved this hotel, I looked at tripadvisor and I was scared and realy felt regret whay I reserved this hotel.But fortunately I enjoyed 3 days staying in this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Euro Hotel Sovereign Saint Denis? Share your experiences!