“Excellent hotel to break journey to Southern France” 4 of 5 stars

You added Novotel Paris Orly Rungis to your Saves list
Novotel Paris Orly Rungis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 rue du Pont des Halles, 94656 Rungis, France   |
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Rungis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here en route home to the UK from the south of France having stayed in the Senart Golf de Greenparc on the way down. Despite both being 4star the Rungis just doesn't compare to the Senart which was truly 4 star. Whilst the staff were friendly and helpful we weren't provided bottled water at Rungis and a small bottle of water set you back €3 in the minibar. The room was disappointing although it had the standard bed and sofa bed for our child it was tired and grubby. The (separate) toilet was the size of a toilet on a plane, toilet seat was broken and the floor was filthy and smelled of urine. The bath also had a dent in the side. Was ok for an overnighter but after a 10 hour car journey it was hugely disappointing - not the 4 star luxury we were expecting - more budget ibis!

• Stayed August 2013
NOR1628, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Orly Rungis, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for having chosen our hotel for your stopover in Paris with your family.

I am really sorry for the inconviences encountered. Could you please contact me in order to give me the dates of your stay and your room number in order I could check with my front office manager and my housekeeper what occured and also to find a way to apologize ?

Hoping that we will be able to show you the improvments during a next stay.

Best Regards.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We received a great deal on this hotel through hotwire.com, but did not realise how time consuming and challenging it is to get into the centre of Paris from Rungis. The hotel itself is clean, staff are friendly and the amenities are perfect. If you are using this as a brief stopover or do not plan on going into Paris city centre then it is fine. However, if you are staying for a few days and plan on going into the centre of Paris every day then I find it hard to recommend this hotel. It takes an hour travelling either on 2 buses or a bus and the RER, with that can become costly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
NOR1628, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Orly Rungis, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear guest,

I am glad you have enjoyed our hotel and our service.
I am sorry that you haven't enjoyed our location. We are at about 15 driving minutes from Paris and end of this year, public transportation should be improved to reach Paris.

Hoping to welcome you next time for a stopover nearby the airport of Orly.

London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Rooms were clean, carpets were clean. Room service was spot on. All the furniture was in great shape and the bedding was nice and clean. The lifts worked well and were well maintained too.
We felt that the breakfast wasn't very good. They ran out of scrambled eggs! Some of the staff was quite rude.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

I thank you for having stayed in our hotel.

I am happy to read that you have enjoyed our rooms.
I am sorry for the inconvience caused at breakfast. Could you please contact me to give me the dates of your stay in order that I can check what happened with the Food & Beverage Manager ?

Hoping that you will still consider our hotel for your next stay in Paris.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We slept one night at this Novotel near Orly. It offers the usual Novotel ammenities including a sofa bed for the children. The hotel is very clean and well run. The prices are reasonable around Paris. There is a parking but you have to pay 9 euros per night (it was free during our visit since the gate was broken).

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

I thank you for having chosen our hotel for your stay in Paris and for having left your comments on Tripadvisor.

I am glad reading you enjoyed your stay and our rooms and also that you have chosen once again to stay in our hotel with your family.

Hoping to welcome you very soon again.

Helsingør
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This hotel, even though it is of good standard is situated far far away from Paris centre. It says on the homepage of the hotel that the hotel is close to the train station Anthony, but that station is over 5 km away. The hotel staff is mostly friendly, but when coming back late one night and finding the gate closed that is a very rude and stupid security guard that doesn't speak anything but french, and he is not at all interested in helping you to get into bed.
Also I got my wallet stolen not on the hotel but on the train, and the staff didn't know where to send me to a police station so they told me to go to Orly Airport, that took me in all 3½ hours wandering around Orly, because french policemen do not know how to speak english at all.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
NOR1628, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Orly Rungis, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for having taken time to share your comments with the other guests of the hotel.

I am sorry that our location hasn't suited you. As mentionned on our website, we are located 15 driving minutes from Paris. I have informed the security guard company we are working with about the problem you have met and for which I am really sorry.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

I frequently visit Novotels and this one like all the others was a delight. Friendly, clean and spacious this was a relaxing break from the drive down to France and in a handy location too.I was amazed though as the bathroom in my room looked like it belonged to that of a much more expensive hotel! The only negative with this hotel was that it had the most delicious bread, a wholegrain loaf with fruit and nuts in it that tasted like honey and I quickly became addicted to it! I couldn't find it in the different Novotel we went to on our return to the UK so it could just be a one off for this hotel? Anyway, it is worth going here to sample the bread!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear guest,

We thank you having stayed in our hotel.

I am really glad to read you have enjoyed our hotel. I have forwarded your kind comments to all my staff.

Hoping to welcome you very soon again for your next stay in Paris.

Kind Regards

Richard LAINE

Been to Novotel Paris Orly Rungis? Share your experiences!