“Near CDG” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 29 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Near CDG”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for one night. The room as clean and staff extremely nice and accommodating. Some reviews mention how it was outdated; however, I looked at it as retro. The retro look only applied to the living room. The bathroom and kitchen were updated.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Beaumont, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Definately will not stay here again. The room had loose tiles on the floor. The restaurant did not have much to select from and what we had left a lot to be desired. For the $300.00 + we paid for one night, the hotel was not worth the money. I would not consider this a 3 star hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Brookline, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This hotel has several severe problems. The wait time to check in is huge because there is only ever 1 person on duty. Our first room had almost no functioning lights and no A/C. They could send a repair man - later. We demanded a change of room. In this one the lights worked and the A/C at least ran its fan a little. The on-site dinner facility is a sham. Bare tables, a way-to pricey menu and "food", as explained in a tiny note, made by an outside company and reheated on site. Think airline food on a truly bad day. It was pouring rain, so we stayed. I had food poisoning next day and had to delay my flight back to the US. But I moved to a better hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I just spent the last few days at the Only Suites. The service is non-existent. I booked a car for the airport for 6:15am. The car didn't arrive until 6:40. The woman at the front desk could not care less. She acted as if this was not of her concern and I just neede to wait. When one is headed to the airport for an international flight, time is very important.

The check in was just as poor. When I arrived at 9am, i was told my room was not ready. When i asked to leave my luggage, they accepted it, nut refuswd fo give me a claim check. I was told because they are not supposed ro hold luggage. How can a hotel operate like this?

At 3pm, when i returned to check in, The room was as hot as a sauna and there was no electricity. The front desk did not answer the phone. I had to return to the desk and request another room. It took about 45 minutes to make this change. I had to move my luggage alone and the front desk person was very disinterested.

There are other better hotels in the area. Don't stay here.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This place is so expensive and doesn't really know what i wants to be. The desk staff are so rude and the rooms are so badly maintained. Lights, bath handles, floor tiles, telephone broken everywhere. Hairs on the sheets and stained walls. €250 for one night? shocking!

Room Tip: Don't go just book another hotel their are plenty to choose from.
Dunedin, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband & I are first time travellers to Paris . We were impressed by breakfast lovely selection of foods. A boiling egg machine I was entrigued with.... no instructions.... a family had had several attempts at cooking a boiled egg for her toddler ...raw middles (4eggs later.)
The room we stayed in was clean and comfortable .great for a "layover" kind of flight.We stayed 3 nights. The bathroom had mouldy areas around the glass on the tiles . While the glassed in shower doors over the bath looked good . Very slick when wet . I got a nasty bruise(black) on my thigh getting out. I am able bodied , my husband found it difficult . a non slip mat or even a bathmat could have helped.
The staff were not overly helpful or empathetic. We got separated at in central Paris and had to come home independently of one another. I missed the last free shuttle at night 20 euros to get a taxi.
The experience of it all... comical ...yes. But stay closer in.!!!

Room Tip: ask for what you need - especially bathroom facilities if you are seniors.....good luck.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

It could have been so much better if the Receptionist had not been such a Prima Donna (or whatever is the French equivalent...) She kept a queue of seven people waiting whilst she demonstrated her grasp of other languages but her lack of people skills. An elderly couple waiting for a taxi were still there one hour after we arrived and her answer was "Taxis are in traffic in Paris" - they cancelled the booking. There was no apology when we reported that the sofa bed in one of our two rooms was broken. It took until the second night for them to change it. We waited 50 minutes for them to bring the "Kitchen Pack" containing our dishes, cutlery etc. Eventually I went to their Kitchen area and picked it up personally. The bathrooms were fine and the room size was adequate. There was a microwave and fridge and dishwasher but no oven and no cleaning materials with which to wash dirty dishes. The Car park under the hotel was chargeable but there is a free car park at the back in the open. We had booked two double rooms (for three adults) and the Receptionist wanted to add €2,50 because she did not realise that one room had two adults in it. Great grasp of mathematics eh? Wouldn't stay there again when there are so many other similar places to stay in the Roissy Village Complex.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to OnlySuites CDG? Share your experiences!