“Good location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 29 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Walsall
“Good location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I stayed at Only Suites for one night on a business trip. The location near to the airport and the exhibition center was excellent. The room was large and comfortable, and the bathroom was good. There was a nice welcome note with tea and coffee but no kettle. The shower very good, but the shower head holder was broken, so would only stay at a low level. Enough power to blast the acne off a teenagers back. The menu in the restaurant was very limited and poor, so I decided to take the 5 minuet walk to the local village. Well worth the effort.
In the morning I asked if there was a courtesy bus to the exhibition I was attending. The receptionist told me there was, and it would be here in 10 minuets. The mini bus arrived, took me the 3 km to the exhibition, and charged me €20.00. A private taxi the evening before only cost me €14.00. Overall. OK for a one night business trip, nothing more.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Peoria Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We took a chance with a deal on Expedia where you agree to pay a price for a room. It was supposed to be a 4 star hotel. I have done this with Priceline and have been always satisfied but would never again do this with Expedia. As I opened the door to the lobby, it smelled heavily of smoke and looked shabby. The room itself was clean but the beds seemed to be pullout couches. We only spent a few hours there and we were exhausted. It was alright for our purposes but I would never choose this hotel to spend any amount of time in it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel for a business for two nights. There is a free bus that will take you to the hotel. The receptionist was just rude! Got the key, went upstairs and the room I was given was occupied. Went back, told what happened, got another room. Not even apologise! Went to my new room, no fridge. Room no 3 was ok. Was large, nice kitchenette, seating area and a large bed. Bathroom had mould all over the the shower part. Disgusting!
Over all, has seen better hotels for the same price. They need to clean better and change the receptionist.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We picked this hotel to spend one night close to the airport and price was reasonable. Great location, 1 train stop from CDG and free airport shuttle. Due to cigarette smoke filled rooms, we had to ask to be transferred to another room twice. The airconditioner was not working on the first room and the shower head was broken on the second room. When I mentioned to the front desk that the hotel was advertised as non-smoking, we were told they cannot control guests who do not adhere to the hotel rules. They should at least air out the rooms before exposing other guests to cancer. Another guest told us, they had requested to be transferred to another room three times due to cigarette smell. The best thing about this hotel is the large rooms and the location in the quaint town of Roissy was a delightful surprise. Only a few yards away and access to groceries, small restaurants and a little park made the experience more pleasant. We will not stay in this hotel again but there are others next door such as The Marriot.

Room Tip: Do not stay here if you are a non-smoker
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Valencia, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I went to paris with my friend for a weekend, and booked this hotel as part of the secret hotel deal with lastminute.com so i didnt know anything about it before booking it. I could see that it was a decent enough hotel if you wanted to stay for business or for the night before a flight, but it was far to far out of the centre of paris for our holiday. we ended up going on the shuttle everyday to the airport and then getting an hour train to the centre of paris everyday, which was really annoying frankly. however this isn't the hotels fault, but anyone wanting to actually experience paris should avoid this hotel.

I would like to say that the majority of the staff were extremely friendly and nice and when i asked for more towels or anything like that, they were very quick to help.

Room Tip: the breakfast is free after 10am so don't bother paying to have it before
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Menifee, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I've reviewed this place twice before and given it a well-deserved 5 star rating. However, my wife and I returned there at the end of July (only a month after my last visit) and found it to be a totally different place.

The first sign of trouble was when we walked into the lobby to check in - the carpet was distinctly grubby and looked in need of a good vacuuming. And it all went downhill from there.

At check-in, "Nicole" on the front desk, a charming young lady with superb English, was at pains to explain that she couldn't give us a key to open the door to our room because “the machine that codes the key-card was not working”. And it quickly transpired that that was not the only thing that wasn't working - neither were the technicians who were responsible for the key-card system!

You see, it was a Saturday, and with immense embarrassment and profuse apologies, Nicole explained that their response to her call-out was that "they only work Monday thru Friday and wouldn't get there to fix it until Monday - at the earliest"!! Now, I know we all make jokes about the French "work ethic", but c'mon - this is a hotel! It depends entirely on guests; guests who expect to actually be able to get into the room they booked - yes, even at weekends! But, no, apparently that wasn't high on the contract company's priority list.

So that left poor Nicole explaining this ridiculous situation to a lobby full of impatient guests, and her only assistant, again a charming, apologetic young man, racing back and forth to the elevator and along the corridors, escorting each guest to their room and letting them in with his 'master' key! How he kept up the pace (and the courteous demeanor), I have no idea. Of course, when we left to go out to dinner later that evening, I was sure that this farce would be over by the time we returned. I had no doubt that, when Nicole called the hotel management, they would quickly sort out the contract company and we'd have a key when we got back. Wrong! Apparently, management was either not interested or powerless, because when we checked out on Sunday, Nicole was still explaining to bewildered newcomers that they couldn't have a room key! Amazing, absolutely amazing!

Leaving the key problem to one side, were there any other issues? Regretfully, yes. As one can imagine, on our way to the room on that first night, I was beginning to wonder what was happening to one of my favorite hotels. When Nicole's assistant let us into our room (Room #406), things got steadily worse. I won't elaborate further than just list the issues:

Bathroom:
- there was filthy black mold around the bathtub/shower
- the grip-rail for the bath had been torn off the wall (but the two mounts/holes from where it had been broken away had not been patched – ugly!)
Bedroom:
- a large glob of “something” had been "stuck" on the right-hand hand side of headboard (possibly glue, but whatever it was looked most unsavory!)
- the televison would not stand upright and was nearly falling over because the base support was incapable of supporting it
Kitchen:
- the safe didn't work

My Summary:
Something is going (or has gone) terribly wrong with this hotel. Maybe I got unlucky with this room, but I think not. The whole place looked dishevelled and neglected. Whoever is responsible for the cleaning and general maintenance is clearly not doing their job. Add to that, the fiasco with the room keys and I get the impression that “Hotel Management” has just lost interest in the place and, having made their initial investment, are now just content to milk it for all they can before word gets around and they lose all their custom.

Had it not been for the valiant Nicole and her “runner”, I'd have given it 1 star.

Room Tip: Take a good look around your room, particularly the bathroom, before accepting the key (if you get o...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Swansea, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I booked this hotel through a website offering 'top secret' hotels so didn't know anything about it until I made the reservation. I made the reservation based largely on price and proximity to CDG airport. The reservation was for one night because my flight into Paris was too late to make a connection with the TGV. There is a free shuttle bus from the airport to the hotel. The 'Only Suites' concept is quite strange for a hotel which caters mainly for air travellers who are likely to stay for one night. The suites are spacious and have a kitchenette, which I suspect very few guests actually use. The suite was clean and the 'living' area was reasonably comfortably furnished. The bed was large and very comfortable indeed and can be separated from the rest of the suite by closing sliding doors. I received a good welcome from the receptionist whose English was very good. The hotel bar was not as glamorous-sounding as the hotel's website suggests so don't expect the promised cocktails (I got a can of Heineken!). The breakfast was of the buffet variety, without a huge choice, but with surprisingly good scrambled eggs (they looked terrible). Coffee is available from a machine but was fine (it is a French coffee machine, after all). I can't really complain about this hotel, especially at the price I paid.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo