“Only if you must” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 32 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Melbourne, Australia
“Only if you must”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is probably the worst hotel I have stayed in, having said that it was only for one night and we needed to catch a 6.00am flight. The hotel in on a strip of hotels and you get what you pay for, we paid 285 euros for a 2 bedroom suite, the airport transfers were included both ways. You will need to venture out to find somewhere to eat, Roissy is town that needs to be seen to believed, it is a s..thole but we did find somewhere to eat. This is a part of Paris that is not on anyone's must do list!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Booked this room through late rooms so got real value for money at 70€ a night ( price indication at hotel was 250€ per night). Free shuttle service to and from CDG airport and hotel ( although finding the shuttle stop at airport was a little confusing) . Arrived at hotel to a very warm welcome at reception, fast check in service. Room was clean and spacious, kitchen area, living room with sofa bed, tv, bathroom and separate sleeping area. Ate at hotel which was a 3 course meal for around 21€ this was brought to my room FOC ( although I did tip) lovely food too. Not at all noisy even though in flight path of CDG. My only downfall was in the morning I found ants running over the meal plate and cup left from the night before :(. Would definitely use this hotel again through late rooms.

• Stayed July 2013
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

After the third room switch, we finally found a room that didn't smell like cigarettes. The first room, 306, reeked of old ash trays and after two minutes in the room, I started to get a headache. My husband went down to switch rooms and was given room 302 which was worse than the first one. With a raging a headache and nausea, I went back downstairs and demanded a room that didn't smell like a pack of Marlbro reds. Finally, we were given 305, and, yes....after the third attempt we finally had our non-smoking room...although the hotel claims its 100% non-smoking. If you are unlucky and end up staying here, ask for an odd numbered room. I think the even numbered rooms used to be smoking. My husband likes the decor, but then again, its dirty. Two stars because of the price for a "4 star" hotel, nice water pressure, and AC.

Room Tip: Ask for a legit non-smoking room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

The keys didnt work. The rooms where dirty. No one in the personal spoke english, and they had no food service. The personal was rood. The safe didn't work either. Its very old. The sofa in my room was broken. I would definitely do not recommend this hotel. It should be rated a 2 star not 4....

• Stayed July 2013
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I found this hotel on Booking.com and chose it because of its proximity to the airport. We returned our rented car the day before and stayed overnight here. The air conditioner in the first room we were assigned didn't work well, and someone came up immediately to check it out. They then moved us across the hall to another room, which was identical to the first. We found the rooms impeccably clean, comfortable and chic. Since we only stayed one night, we didn't make use of all the amenities, but there was a stove, a refrigerator and even a dishwasher!! The desk furnished us with a map of the restaurants in adjacent Roissy, (just across a park) and it was like walking directly from the city into a small village. We had a great meal, slept well and took the shuttle to the airport in the morning. Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I wrote a complimentary review about this hotel last year. This year I've changed my mind.

This property has completely succumbed to "la peste français" -- the French plague of smoking. Every single room of the six which the front desk clerk offered me stank of cigarette smoke -- some so badly that I had to slam the door shut as soon as I opened it. I eventually settled for a room that smelled only faintly of smoke, but enough to be bothersome anyway.

The clerk said that OnlySuites is a non-smoking hotel, but they don't make much effort to promote it as such. Not one room in the hotel has any sign on its door that the room is non-smoking. Apparently, guests are just supposed to know. And nothing has been done to turn smoking rooms back into non-smoking rooms.

Some of the staff -- at the desk and in the breakfast room -- are cold or abrasive. Those who aren't can be overwhelmed by the tour groups who stay in the hotel. Wanting a simple question answered can take many minutes of waiting.

The motorized shutters over the windows which I really liked last year have been disconnected and no longer function -- another symptom of indifference and/or lack of maintenance.

If I need to stay near CDG again, I will try something else. Smokers: You're welcome here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed 6 nights in this hotel in June. It looked very good on the website but it was very different inside. It is not clean. The first thing you want to do when you enter is to borrow a vacuum cleaner and clean the place. There is no restaurant and the bar closes very early. Some staff were nice but there is definitely an atmosphere of bad organisation. The room were not clean. Some lamps did not work. Overall I would not recommend this hotel. Some friends who were staying in the hotel opposite called Relais Spa told me that despite looking better it was as bad and disorganized. I believe the reason for that is that clients are mainly one nighters and airline crews and hotel owners don't really care. Staff are badly trained and in most cases can hardly speak French.

Room Tip: Go to the Mariott Hotel next door. Better hotel with nicer staff.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to OnlySuites CDG? Share your experiences!