The room here was beautiful, big and well set up with lots of cupboard space. The bathroom and toilet were seperate and there was both a bath and a shower. It was very clean although there's some things that would bother a real clean freak. There was tea, coffee, kettle and microwave. The entertainment system was excellent with free wifi, tv and a good selection of movies in a variety of languages.
The staff were generally nice although I think the language barrier lead to some of them being unintentionally unhelpful, it paid to ask someone else later on who spoke better English. A staff member called a cab for me which I found very suspect. It was an unmarked taxi with no ID and no meter. He charged me a lot of money and I felt very uncomfortable - so perhaps watch out for that.
The location is a real issue. It is near the airport, but not that near, about a 10-15 min drive, plus the waiting. There is a shuttle bus but trying to get on it with all our luggage (traveling with kids at the time) at the airport was nearly impossible - we gave up and took a cab. To get to town you need to take the shuttle (which was fine with no luggage) to the airport, then take a long train ride to the city. It was a serious pain, taking up to two hours each way, and was especially difficult with kids. There is also basically no food or any entertainment near the hotel. It is in a big hotel complex with one close restaurant. The village is a 40 minute walk away and I was told there is very little to it. There is no restaurant within the hotel so no room service but they have a little fridge with expensive stuff that you can heat in your microwave.
I think if you need to stay near the airport you are best to stay at a hotel within the airport complex, and otherwise just stay somewhere accessible in the city. It really was a great, comfortable room, but if you actually want to get out and about (unless you have a car) it is not ideal.
- Also Known As:
- Suite Novotel Cdg Paris Nord 2 Hotel Roissy
- Suite Novotel Cdg Paris Nord 2 Hotel
- Suitehotel Hotel Roissy
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 3 star hotel with 174 inviting 30 m² suites. Enjoy our free unlimited Suitebox service including hardwired high speed internet, calls to landlines within France, video and music on demand, multimedia area with chat, music, photos and more. 7 min from Roissy CDG Airport, 5 min from the Villepinte exhibition centre. Free shuttle service. 24 hour services including Boutique Gourmande refreshments, fitness area, business corner. Bar, free massages on Thursdays and pay parking. Accessible facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Suite Novotel CDG Paris Nord 2 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.