“Good base for CDG Airport and Aeroville area” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #15 of 32 hotels in Roissy-en-France
Wraysbury, United Kingdom
“Good base for CDG Airport and Aeroville area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

The Hotel is situated about 15 mins ride, via courtesy bus (black line), from Charles de Gaulle airport. The courtesy bus is free and drops off at a number of hotels along the same road. They appear to run every 25 minutes or so.

The hotel is exactly what you would expect from a Holiday Inn. The Reception dealt with check in quickly and efficiently, despite a number of people arriving at the same time.

The room was clean, comfortable, quiet and well maintained. The bed was large and comfortable with a choice of soft or firm pillows. On arrival in my room I found that my safe didn’t work. On reporting it to Reception Tuesday evening, the fault was immediately logged for repair, and I was offered the use of the safe behind Reception for my valuables. Fortunately I was able to use a Colleague’s instead. Unfortunately, the safe was still not repaired by the time I checked out Thursday morning.

The hotel was certainly busy during my stay but the service in the restaurant was good. The menu was not comprehensive, but it was certainly good enough to allow all but the fussiest eaters, to find something to their taste. Portion size was large and the steaks and seafood platter had by my Party, were very tasty and went down well.

The bar area was busy both nights I was there but did not impact the level of service received. If anything, it contributed to making it a pleasant, vibrant atmosphere after a long work day.

If you don’t want to eat in the hotel in the evening, there are a number of other hotels along the same road with different offerings, include an Irish pub! The village of Roissy is a short walk away with a good selection of restaurants.

Breakfast was 17 euros. Which although seems high, is not unusual for a Parisienne hotel of similar rating. It was buffet style, with a good selection of cheese, cold meats, croissants etc and self service hot items such as toast, sausage, egg, tomatoes etc

One thing to note is if you miss the courtesy bus from CDG airport, you are unlikely to find a taxi driver willing to take you to the Hotel. During our stay, we met with flat refusal or an offer of a ride for 20 euros, despite a number of taxis being lined up simply chatting.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
berengere_niemann, General Manager at Holiday Inn Paris-Charles De Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Hestia_01,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about our hotel and for sharing your experience with the travelling community,
What a pleasure it will be to share your comment with my team,
We were delighted to welcome you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon,

228 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Stone Mountain, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised about this hotel and did not have high expectations. The Front Desk staff were most welcoming and helpful during my stay. Getting there by shuttle bus from the airport terminal is definitely a journey. However since it is free, I won't complain but it is very complicated trying to find it. The rooms are small by American standards but immaculate which is more important then the size. The rooms are very bright and the bed so comfortable in addition to the perfect pillows; you have a choice of firm or soft. I was totally amazed with the dinner I had in the main restaurant which was a salmon ravioli. The crème brulee was the best I ever had. Felix not only was the host but also assisted in waiting tables and it was clear he wanted to please everyone who entered the restaurant. Sadat checked me in and out of the hotel and I think he is perfect for the Front Desk, so warm and accommodating.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
berengere_niemann, General Manager at Holiday Inn Paris-Charles De Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.
What a pleasure it will be to share your comments wih my team !
The guest satisfaction is our Top Priority and I am delighted that we met your expectations,
Thanks again for your kind words and we hope to welcome you back soon,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

2.5 stars. Major star loss for the following reason - it takes a LONG time to get there from the airport, and into town. The BROCHURE IS A LIE. It took me an hour to pick up the shuttle and go the 5ish miles to the hotel. Think many stops. Getting into Paris means taking the shuttle back, which takes less time because you can time it (leaves every 20 or so minutes), and then the 30-40 minute train.

The hotel, staff, and room are nice. They gave me an executive room, which was executive by Paris standards only (small). The free minibar (with chips and soda) was a nice touch. The staff were nice. My IHG membership got me a free drink at the bar - which included super-strong espressos.

The town itself is tiny and completely skippable. Because of the time it takes to take the shuttle, I don't think you are better off sleeping here instead of someplace right on the metro.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not facing the street.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Clcohen,

Firstly, I thank you for being a IHG Rewards Club Member and for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I appreciate your feedback and I am disappointed to learn your were dissatisfied with aspects regarding the shuttle.
I am pleased to read about how the hospitality of the staff and the room were to your satisfaction,
I forward your comments about the transport, to the Shuttle company,
It is complimentary shuttle operating from 5.00am until midnight every day. During the peak period, it's running every 20 minutes and it takes 30 minutes to the airport (depending on the traffic)
I hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you and provide you a better experience with the shuttle.
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by my stay here in room 212. Overall had a great yet short stay.
Bus: Getting to/from the hotel is easy once you understand it. The bus picks up in terminal 2 and terminal 3. There are better signs to hotel courtesy bus going out of terminal 3. There are several buses picking up so you need to look at the wall to determine which color bus is going to the hotel. This is the black line and the bus usually had the holiday inn sticker on the bus or taped to the window. It goes about every 20 minutes or so. In the morning the bus is full quickly as Holiday Inn is the 3rd pick up site.
Room: It is smaller than a room in the states but much larger than my other hotel stays while in Europe. It was my favorite bathroom due to the fact it had a stand up shower and not a tub. It was also very clean. The bed was a happy site as it was my last night in Europe and my first night to have a bed that was not a single. So I may be biased a little just excited to have my space again. I slept well. There did not seem to be an alarm in the room but I use my phone anyway. Wifi well as everywhere I went in Europe it worked but not at the speed I have been accustomed to in the US.
Food: I didn’t eat at the hotel as when I arrived at 6 pm I said going downtown was my preference for what was left of the evening so I took the metro downtown and got back around midnight and there were no options. The hotel 100 ft across the street had a restaurant still opened but I was tired and just called it a night.
Overall if I have an early flight I will stay here again. It was reasonable price, convenient and a pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
berengere_niemann, General Manager at Holiday Inn Paris-Charles De Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Traveling Beee,

Firstly, I thank you for taking the time to write a review about your last stay in our hotel and for sharing your experience with the travelling community,
We have a wake up alarm on the tv or upon request at the Front desk,
We were delighted to welcome you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon,
Thanks again for your kind words,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Clean, updated, comfy room for good night sleep before morning flight from Paris. Staff was courteous, pleasant, helpful. Executive suite bright and roomy for the night, but perhaps not enough room for long business stay. Refrigerator and hot water pot with real mugs. Nice shower, odd bathroom door arrangement. Mostly Americans or Westerners. Small gym and outdoor running route map. Busy restaurant with expected higher prices. Airport noises were surprisingly minimal. Free shuttle to airport every twenty minutes and takes twenty minutes but services many hotels and only stops at Terminal 2. I would stay again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
berengere_niemann, General Manager at Holiday Inn Paris-Charles De Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear CC,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us,
I thank you for writing such a wonderful review and sharing your experience with the travelling community,
We were delighted to welcome you and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon,
scottsdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Stayed for one night using points. The room was very nice and clean. I was very pleased with the stay. There is a complimentary bus to the airport. Did not use the restaurant. Instead walked into town (Five minutes) and ate at "Le Village." Very good food at a reasonable price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to write a review and for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor,
I am delighted that we met your expectations and that you appreciated our rooms,
We hope to welcoming you back soon,
With our best regards,
Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Very handy for early flight access to CDG or if you have a layover and dont want to go into Paris. Decent service and nice executive rooms. Would happily stay again.Bus service was tricky to find first time but you need to go to the bus terminal at the top of the Terminals and then just wait for it to come by.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
berengere_niemann, General Manager at Holiday Inn Paris-Charles De Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to read about how the hospitality of our team was to your satisfaction,
I thank you again for your kind words and hope to welcome you back soon,
Berengere Niemann

Been to Holiday Inn Paris-Charles De Gaulle Airport? Share your experiences!