The Hotel is situated about 15 mins ride, via courtesy bus (black line), from Charles de Gaulle airport. The courtesy bus is free and drops off at a number of hotels along the same road. They appear to run every 25 minutes or so.
The hotel is exactly what you would expect from a Holiday Inn. The Reception dealt with check in quickly and efficiently, despite a number of people arriving at the same time.
The room was clean, comfortable, quiet and well maintained. The bed was large and comfortable with a choice of soft or firm pillows. On arrival in my room I found that my safe didn’t work. On reporting it to Reception Tuesday evening, the fault was immediately logged for repair, and I was offered the use of the safe behind Reception for my valuables. Fortunately I was able to use a Colleague’s instead. Unfortunately, the safe was still not repaired by the time I checked out Thursday morning.
The hotel was certainly busy during my stay but the service in the restaurant was good. The menu was not comprehensive, but it was certainly good enough to allow all but the fussiest eaters, to find something to their taste. Portion size was large and the steaks and seafood platter had by my Party, were very tasty and went down well.
The bar area was busy both nights I was there but did not impact the level of service received. If anything, it contributed to making it a pleasant, vibrant atmosphere after a long work day.
If you don’t want to eat in the hotel in the evening, there are a number of other hotels along the same road with different offerings, include an Irish pub! The village of Roissy is a short walk away with a good selection of restaurants.
Breakfast was 17 euros. Which although seems high, is not unusual for a Parisienne hotel of similar rating. It was buffet style, with a good selection of cheese, cold meats, croissants etc and self service hot items such as toast, sausage, egg, tomatoes etc
One thing to note is if you miss the courtesy bus from CDG airport, you are unlikely to find a taxi driver willing to take you to the Hotel. During our stay, we met with flat refusal or an offer of a ride for 20 euros, despite a number of taxis being lined up simply chatting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our staff are a great team, willing, friendly and cheerful, who are pleased to make every effort to meet any request you may have to make your stay more comfortable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Paris-Charles De Gaulle Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Paris-Charles De Gaulle Airport Hotel Roissy
- Express Hotel Roissy
- Holiday Inn Roissy
- Joinville-Le-Pont Holiday Inn