“cordial personal pleasant hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #15 of 32 hotels in Roissy-en-France
New Orleans, Louisiana
“cordial personal pleasant hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

hello,
I spent one night between two flights to
this hotel last weekend to the my arrived reasonable reception, clean room and comfortable I slept very well nowadays it is rare not to hear the noises of plane in the hotels of airports, the marked service restoring a my team brilliant I spent very a good moment with my friends which remained also there it pleasant of this is awaked and to see a smile such as this young waitress who accommodated us with the breakfast we have to eat complete dresser too much and furnished well employed nice and obliging mercy to have learned to us French with the pleasure of returning forthcoming once it is clearly that it is at this place that I would wish to return

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
A_Crassant, Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Paris-Charles De Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Kat M,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience about your stay in our hotel.
We sincerely hope to welcome you again for your next stay in Roissy en France.

230 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Dallas, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Long story short, the woman I was greeted by at the front desk treated me horribly. Terrible customer service. She made a mistake (which I get, it happens, not a big deal) and did not see that I was a platinum member when I inquired about a room upgrade. When I attempted to explain to her that I was indeed platinum, she was very rude about not being able to do anything. She said there would not be a manager on duty until 11PM, and that her manager could do something then.... um what??!!!! When she finally gave me the key, she told me that she had shown that I had been upgraded. However, when I got to my room, I clearly had not been. Even just a simple bump to an executive room would have been fine, SOMEthing. I called IHG to address the situation, as I have learned that in many situations, that is the only way to get something done efficiently with a company, talk to the next level up. And since the manager wasn't there, that was my only option.

I then received a phone call from the receptionist... not to apologize for the mix up or to offer an upgrade, but to YELL AT ME FOR CALLING IHG!!!!?!? Never in my many many stays at a hotel have I ever gotten treatment like that from a FRONT DESK AGENT?! She ended the conversation with a sarcastic comment followed by "Come again?!," and then proceeded to hang up the phone before I could even respond. I spoke with IHG as I was on hold with them whilst this conversation was occurring. I proceeded to go down to the lobby to try to calm down the situation and hopefully get a solution.

I first apologized because it must have been a miscommunication. I never once, got ONE apology, not even an offer to fix it. "So you want another room? That's what you want?".... As the hotel was almost empty, and I am a platinum member.. yes... sure... but at this point, I just want good customer service. I couldn't care less at this point what room I have. When I confronted her about the way she had been treating me, citing the specific example of the phone conversation, it happened that another guest was there to hear it all. She of course denied what happened. (Also, after I left, she talked about me in French to the guest.... Guess what, I understand enough French to understand when someone's talking about me...)

She then insulted me and continued with the sarcastic comments. When she asked, "And the room you're in now, you've already used things in it?........ "Of course you have..." She replied, without even giving me a chance to answer. (Which of course, the answer would have been no. I sat in the chair, that's it.)

For the hotel itself: a decent airport hotel, but very slow shuttle service. Says "20 minutes" but took me almost an hour from airport to hotel. For what the prices I've seen for this hotel, go with the Hyatt Regency (Which I stayed at on the night of my inbound flight). Separate dedicated shuttle (not shared like this one), incredible customer service, and a much nicer property. I even paid less than what this property was going for.

All in all, LITERALLY the WORST hotel experience I've EVER had, and I've stayed at a lot of hotels all over the world from big to small.

All that to say... hopefully it's just a fluke with the personnel. I decided to not give the hotel any money for dinner or drinks, so I went to "The Place" a restaurant just near the hotel, and the Marriott right next door for drinks. If you stay near the airport, choose another hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
A_Crassant, Responsable commercial at Holiday Inn Paris-Charles De Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Mr Joey P,

Thank you for taking time to explain us the situation.

I sincerely apologize about what happened yesterday.
Please believe me when I say that this is absolutely not representative of how we take care of our guests.
When I read your comment, I was so alarmed and felt so sorry for the terrible welcome you had: the front office agent behaviour is not tolerable.
As we definitely cannot accept such behaviour, I forwarded your feedback to her manager who will contact you and to my general manager.
We are taking the situation extremely seriously.

I really thank you that you tried to give her another chance in order to find a solution and imagine how disappointed you were, seeing that there were no changes.
We all know that we have to provide you, and each of our guest, the best exprience as possible. Especially as you are a loyal user of IHG properties, you deserve recognition.

Once again, I sincerely apologize and hope that you will give us another chance to proove that our hotel knows how to welcome and provide a best guest experience.
Thank you again for this comment which help us to provide a better experience for every guest.

Zagreb, Croatia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

It was a good decision to stay there for one night after a long flight on the way back home. If I had a longer stopover I would have chosen hotel closer to the centre of the city, but as I arrived late afternoon and had to fly on in the morning this seemed to be reasonable choice and it has proven so. Room was clean and relatively comfortable, breakfast was rich and the dinner I had was good – as well as the choice of wine. Airport shuttle was exactly on time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
A_Crassant, Sales Manager at Holiday Inn Paris-Charles De Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Sinatg,

Thank you for taking time to share your guest experience in our hotel. I am very pleased to read that you appreciated our different services.

We hope to welcome you for your next trip in Roissy.

West Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We spent the last night of our vacation here after arriving via TGV and laying over for our flight home the next day. Shuttle service worked for us, although very crowded on the way back to the airport on Sunday morning. Hotel staff were friendly. We had prepaid and were upgraded to executive room which was very good. We dined at the restaurant and food was very good. Breakfast buffet in the morning was also good, although it had been decimated by a tour group passing through and replenishment was very slow.

What is great about hotels in this area is that they all back onto the village of Roissy. It is a pleasant stroll through the village with lots of signs pointing out historical sights and such. Also lots of restaurants to choose from.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
berengere_niemann, General Manager at Holiday Inn Paris-Charles De Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for writing such a wonderful review and sharing your experience of us with the travelling community,
We are pleased to see how much you enjoyed our facilities and convenient location,
We hope you had a safe trip back and hope to welcome you back to our hotel on your next trip,
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

very small rooms and over priced and bad service. our stay was for 2 days. At arrival took a wile before we where given our key all the time the phone was ringing and the where served first. Got the executive room with no bad tub only a small shower and a very tiny bath room. at the restaurant it took 30 minutes to being served after calling the waiter twice orders were served that where wrong and after we where finished we hat to call the waiter three times over 40 minutes to get some coffee and we left and the suddenly the where quick to react for the bill. did not sign just left and gave them my room number. told in the morning the reception about it but the would inform management. then when room was payed wanted a espresso and the charged me Euro 2,20 for it same receptionist. if it was me I would give it for free.

Room Tip: no right room available all the same
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your last experience with us.
We maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority and for that please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you had during your stay. I appreciate you 're bringing this matter to our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.
Thank you again and we hope that you would give us another chance to meet your expectations next time and provide you a nice experience,
Sonora, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Nice hotel, check in was easy. Front desk staff was very helpful in assisting us with figuring out a boarding pass issue for our flight the next day. Nice little bar & restaurant area. Would definitely stay here again. (we didn't have any issues with the shuttle service)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel,
What a pleasure it will be to share your comments with my team,
I am delighted that we met your expectations and we hope to welcome you back,
Yours Sincerely,
Kabul, Afghanistan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I chose this hotel because it is near the airport and offered a complimentary shuttle. In fact, I had to wait over 30 minutes for the shuttle to pick me at the airport up and because it serves half a dozen other hotels, it was an hour total before I actually walked through the door of the hotel. Reception suggested allowing 45 minutes for the shuttle to take me to the correct terminal the following morning. (I opted to spring for a taxi instead.) This defeats the whole point of staying close to the airport! I could have stayed downtown and taken the train to the airport in less time.

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The restaurant was average. Bring your own toiletries.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
A_Crassant, Manager at Holiday Inn Paris-Charles De Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Ms Heather S,

Thank you for taking time to share a comment about your stay in our hotel.

I am so sorry that the airport shuttle caused you some troubles.
Regarding the shuttle, on the 1st july, we launch a new itinerary that will reduce the transfer (around 10-15 minutes less),
Moreover, due to Airshow Exhibition, there was lots of traffic in the area.
I'm glad to see that you appreciated our room, bed and restaurant.

Please be advised that our team feel concerned about your feedback, and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again for your next stay in Roissy.

Sales Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Paris-Charles De Gaulle Airport? Share your experiences!