“Good hotel in the middle of nowhere” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Turin, Piemonte, Italy
“Good hotel in the middle of nowhere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Good choice if you just need a place to sleep in between flights the position is actually a complete nightmare if you need to go to Paris for whatever reason.
Taxi are expensive (you can easily pay 50 euro) and get stuck in the traffic during rush hour in the morning or late afternoon.
Public transport is the following: Black Bus shuttle (every 20 mins) from hotel to the Charles De Gaulle airport terminal (free), RER train to the city (9,5€ including metro) then metro: this means from 1h20mins up to 2 hours. In the night the RER stops working from midnight to 1:00am and bus shuttle around 0:30am. Basically you cannot enjoy Paris nightlife if you don't have a big budget for taxis.
The hotel itself is modern and very clean, with comfortable bed and above average bathroom. Helpful staff, breakfast ok (poor fruit salad one day).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
berengere_niemann, General Manager at Holiday Inn Paris-Charles De Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Stefano,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel,
I appreciate your feedback about our rooms, staff and services and I will share it with my team,

I'm happy you enjoyed our property even if it seems you would prefer an hotel downtown and not situated close to the airport,
Nevertheless, we hope it will not deter you from returning to the Holiday Inn Paris CDG Airport in the future,
Best regards,
Berengere Niemann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Although just for one Night, we like that Hotel and it was comfortable there. Itwas 10 minutes with Shuttle away from Airport. Very good Selection at the large and fresh Breakfast Buffet.
Nice Staff. Staff speak good english.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
berengere_niemann, General Manager at Holiday Inn Paris-Charles De Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel,
What a pleasure it will be to share your comments with our team,
I am delighted that we met your expectations and hope to welcome you soon back,
Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

it is a comfortable holiday inn at theairport and we had been there for one night. pretty large room (standard) and the roomwas cosy outfitted. good brekfast service with large selection of hot beverages. there was shuttle from and to airport.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel,
Thank you for writing such a wonderful review and sharing your experience with the travelling community,
We hope to welcoming you back soon,
With our best regards,
Forest, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

The sign on the door said, "executive room", must have been a joke, my idea of a Murphy bed that stores in the wall is not an executive room. I also had to slam the door excessively just to close it to lock.
I usually stay across the street in the Marriott, but it was full for my overnighter... I will not be staying here again if the Marriott is full, I will try the Best Western, or something else, this hotel needs some work and attention!

Room Tip: Use this as a last resort!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your comments,
This is with deep regret that I have noted that your stay was not to your expectations, for which I sincerely apologize,
I hope this does not deter you from returning to the Holiday Inn Paris CDG Airport again in the future,
My team and myself would be more than happy to present you all our offer for an executive room,
Anytown, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for a night before taking an early morning flight out. The hotel is conveniently located with good clean rooms. The reason for lower rating is the rather poor customer service experience.

The clerk on duty initially greeted me as a “platinum member” and handed my keys. I had requested a room with two single beds confirmed in my order. On entering the room, we realized it had only one queen bed. I went back to the clerk who initially refused it was a mistake on their part. He relented by checking the system online. After that, the clerk asked if the room was still “unused” before he agreed to switch the keys to another room.

Why greet the customer as a “platinum member” and then question them when they point out a mistake? I am not sure if I should rate the hotel as having a poor customer service or just a clerk having a bad hair day but I am unhappy nevertheless.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Paris-Charles De Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear M B,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed for one night to avoid Paris traffic while takung an early morning flight out. It was a good choice. Clean, smalll but decent size executive room for europe, friendly staff, good wireless. quality room amenities in the executive room. They provide bathrobes but no slippers (why not?). Close to the nice area downtown Roissy you can enjoy evening walk around, and a french dinner in the neighborhood. I would come back in this hotel.

Room Tip: executive room is always better
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
berengere_niemann, General Manager at Holiday Inn Paris-Charles De Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your recent review and for sharing your experience with the travelling community,
I am so pleased to read about how our hotel was to your satisfaction and hope to welcome you back,
Yours Sincerely,
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

As written up by fellow reviewers the key issue for this bland, functional, perfectly OK airport hotel (which could have been almost anywhere in the world, well Europe anyway) was the link bus from/to C de G airport. Our travel agents did not even tell us how to get to it; I had to telephone them to ask. We followed the verbal directions to the bus stand at the station and waited for the right shuttle bus. Getting back to the airport the following morning was easier as only one bus came tothe hotel. We were lucky in both directions in that the bus was not full. However I would not like to be tight for time, infirm or travelling with young children in case it was overfull or late. The shuttle bus service also serves a number of local hotels not just the Holiday Inn.

The hotel itself was clean, quiet and characterless. The staff were competent The evening dinner in their restaurant was perfectly alright too; again we did not have gourmet expectations. Breakfast too was fine.The bedroom was also satisfactory.

Our room rate was perfectly fair for the quality of the offering, that is a one night stopover at a major Euopean hub airport. We did not expect or seek character.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear David,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay, and thank you so much for your kind words on our hotel,
I well noted your comments on the free shuttlebus to/from the airport. We continue to work to irmpove the system, and in the meantime we propose private airport shuttle that you may book directly with the hotel for only 15 € per room. All the details are mentionned on our website or can be received by sending an email to the reception at least 3 days before arrival,
We were delighted to welcome you and we look forward to welcoming you back,
Berengere Niemann

Been to Holiday Inn Paris-Charles De Gaulle Airport? Share your experiences!