“A satisfactory airport hotel served by an inadequate shuttle bus from C de G airport.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Paris-Charles De Gaulle Airport

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

As written up by fellow reviewers the key issue for this bland, functional, perfectly OK airport hotel (which could have been almost anywhere in the world, well Europe anyway) was the link bus from/to C de G airport. Our travel agents did not even tell us how to get to it; I had to telephone them to ask. We followed the verbal directions to the bus stand at the station and waited for the right shuttle bus. Getting back to the airport the following morning was easier as only one bus came tothe hotel. We were lucky in both directions in that the bus was not full. However I would not like to be tight for time, infirm or travelling with young children in case it was overfull or late. The shuttle bus service also serves a number of local hotels not just the Holiday Inn.

The hotel itself was clean, quiet and characterless. The staff were competent The evening dinner in their restaurant was perfectly alright too; again we did not have gourmet expectations. Breakfast too was fine.The bedroom was also satisfactory.

Our room rate was perfectly fair for the quality of the offering, that is a one night stopover at a major Euopean hub airport. We did not expect or seek character.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
berengere_niemann, General Manager at Holiday Inn Paris-Charles De Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear David,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay, and thank you so much for your kind words on our hotel,
I well noted your comments on the free shuttlebus to/from the airport. We continue to work to irmpove the system, and in the meantime we propose private airport shuttle that you may book directly with the hotel for only 15 € per room. All the details are mentionned on our website or can be received by sending an email to the reception at least 3 days before arrival,
We were delighted to welcome you and we look forward to welcoming you back,
With my best regards,
Berengere Niemann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

As usual, fellow reviewers were right on the money. This hotel was just fine....but I'm really going to only focus on one element....the shuttle! I would probably give this hotel 4 instead of 3 stars otherwise!

This property uses the "Black" shuttle bus run by the airport. There is a central pick-up point at CDG just above the train station. If you aren't in a particular hurry (tired?) or on a tight schedule, it will be just fine. If you are, then oh well I wish you luck!

It's a collective shuttle that serves pretty much a dozen or so hotels all in the same area. It's not on a schedule....it just sort of pops around every now and then. There's no one to offer luggage assistance or help manage the bags or seating. It's a free-for-all. And it's kind of a mess.

I had no problem getting to the hotel in the late afternoon. I waited probably 25 minutes but it finally came.,..and filled up quickly. The trip to the hotel took about 15 minutes after 4 or so stops.

The next morning was a little more of a disaster. I waited outside for about 15 minutes but it eventually came. The seats were already full with luggage everywhere but I found a spot to stand. After another 4 or 5 stops, it COMPLETELY filled up (a la Tokyo subway) and was complete chaos. The problem is that there is no one controlling, directing, or monitoring the seats and luggage. Many people just sort of plopped wherever (I'm on board so that's all that matters?!?!) so there was a lot of wasted space and luggage just everywhere. There were probably 50 people jammed on a shuttle with half the capacity. It was crammed up against a wall and couple only get one foot on the floor.
One word: uncivilized! I made my flight no problem but indeed you need to factor in an extra 45 minutes or a hour because you really not sure if you are going to get on or not.

The "upper end" hotels (i.e. Marriott) next door run their own shuttle. Although I liked the Holiday Inn, this shuttle is sort of a deal breaker. Again, if you are traveling on a tight schedule, have a lot of luggage, have multiple children, etc...I would avoid this hotel and find one with a dedicated schedule. There are a couple of hotels you can actually walk to from the terminal as well.

Just be forewarned about the shuttle. Otherwise this is not a bad hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
berengere_niemann, General Manager at Holiday Inn Paris-Charles De Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for your last review on our hotel,
I am delighted that you appreciated our hotel as we try to maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority,
I'm deeply sorry your stay was negatively affected by the airport shuttle, and I will share your comments with the shuttle company,

For your next trip to CDG, you can use our private shuttle for only 15 € per room, all the details for booking are on our web site or can explained to you per email,

I hope to welcome you soon back,
With my best regards,
Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

There are lots of airport hotels in the vicinity, so there must be a better hotel. This one has nice rooms, nice staff, good food and good water pressure in the shower, but if you want to take the airport shuttle (free) forget it! On the weekends it runs every 40 minutes and it goes to about five hotels so it is packed. Other hotel shuttles come by empty and this one (the black shuttle) is so full people can't get on. When we left on a Sunday morning the shuttle was so full the driver did not even stop at the Best Western ( next stop) so people were running after the shuttle. I guess they had to pay for a cab. Hope they did not miss their flight. The shuttle also does a loop and it was confusing which stop to get off for each terminal at Charles de Gaulle. If you want to pay for a cab - between 15 and 20 Euros, then fine, but if you think the shuttle is included think twice. Holiday Inn should have their own shuttle.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel,
I am happy that you appreciated our rooms, our staff and our restaurant,
I well noted your comments about the shuttle and I will share them with the shuttle company,
We are hotelier and try to meet your expectations and continually strive for excellence in customer service,
We continue to work on the shuttle subject on the CDG area, nevertheless, for your next trip to CDG, we can offer you a private shuttle for 15 € per room. All the details are mentionned on our web site or per email direclty to the hotel,
I thank you again and hope to welcome you soon back,
Sincelery,
Worthington, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Was "stranded" in Paris after my flight from Naples was delayed and my connection was missed. Airline provided accomodations at The Holiday Inn airport. What a delightful experience. Front desk staff very friendly and helpful. Airline provided a badic ammenity kit but hotel staff offered other nice touches. Breakfast buffet was excellent and provisions were made if one needed a " to go" breakfast . VERY comfortable and quiet room. Nice dinner menu for a hotel and food presentation was impressive. Very good experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
berengere_niemann, General Manager at Holiday Inn Paris-Charles De Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Susie,

I thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor,
What a pleasure it will be to share your comments with all my team,
I am delighted to know that our location and services were suitable enough for your needs,
Thank you so much for your kind words and we look forward to welcome you back,
Yours Sincerely,
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Close to the airport, we had free shuttle bus between them. However, trip to Paris and Disney land were bit of travel as expected. Room we had was VIP and therefore was really nice. Breakfast was nice and plenty to choose.love the croissant especially.

Room Tip: if its family travel close to Paris hotel might save some travel fee.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to write a review on your last stay in Holiday Inn Paris-CDG Airport,
I'm pleased to see that we have met your expectations and we hope to welcome you back soon,
Auckland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Modern, tidy Holiday Inn located right next to Charles De Gaulle Airport, Paris.
Needed a hotel close to CDG airport - and the Holiday Inn CDG fitted the bill - very handy. Small rooms but good enough for a great nights sleep - which we did need as we were off on a 36hr journey back to NZ. The two rooms we requested were adjoining - which was great. The boys chose to eat in the room - and wife and I went downstairs - not expecting much - but we had a nice meal with some great french wine by the glass - and left us with a great memory of our last night in France (perhaps helped by having the boys back in their room :-) )
Parking was a little strange - seemed we need to take a ticket to park - but never passed a booth to pay for the parking...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
berengere_niemann, General Manager at Holiday Inn Paris-Charles De Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your comments on your recent stay,
I'm delighted to know that our location was suitable enough for your needs and I'm pleased to read that we meet your expectations for your last stop in France !
I hope to welcome you in the future again,
Your Sincerely,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

A clean modern hotel with big rooms and nice bathrooms. As an american traveler, I was happy to find nothing foreign or uncomfortable about this hotel.

LOCATION:
The hotel is near the airport, but not at the airport. You will have to rely on the free "Black Bus" to get to the airport. There is nothing in this neighborhood except other hotels, so you should prepare to eat meals elsewhere or bring water and toiletries if you don't want to pay hotel prices.

THE SHUTTLE BUS:
The shuttle services a BUNCH of hotels, so prepare extra time to get to the airport. I took the shuttle three times, and each time it took over 30 minutes on different routes. I didn't have a problem as other reviewers had with busses driving past, but I did wait longer than 20 minutes for the bus.

FACILITIES:
New modern building. Lobby has monitors that display flight statuses and the shuttle arrival time. But the shuttle arrival time is completely unreliable. The gym is actually a converted guest room. It has a modern treadmill and a weight machine, which is ok for a quick workout.

ROOMS:
They are clean, big, modern, and comfortable. Beds are great, with comforters and four pillows.

SERVICE: The front desk staff are friendly, but definitely will not go above and beyond what is expected of them. I noticed that the shuttle bus did not arrive as the monitor in the lobby had indicated. When inquiring above the shuttle bus, I had to ask the front desk a bunch of questions to understand exactly how to get on it. "When does it come? Where exactly does it come, the street or in the front of the hotel? What color is the bus? What size is the bus?" You would think that after reading ALL the reviews about this lousy shuttle bus, the front desk would be better prepared to assist in giving information about this bus.
As I was checking out the front desk guy began a conversation with someone else (might have been another guest or coworker), and his conversation was clearly slowing down the check out pace. He gave me a receipt, and continued his conversation without saying anything to me. I wasn't sure if he was done, since I didn't get a standard checkout statement, just a credit card receipt. I had a plane to catch, so I just walked away. This was also the same guy that was not very helpful in providing information about the bus.

RESTAURANT:
A bit pricey, but very good. I had a french onion soup (just called an onion soup here, hehhe), the broth was decent but the cheese made it terrific. I also had a steak which wasn't exactly 'medium' as I had requested, but savory. I have uploaded pictures of these dishes.
I read previous reviews, and also noticed the amateur hour going on. I wasn't given proper cutlery. I had to wave my arms like a drowning man to get the attention of the staff. They were very friendly, but a little clueless at times.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
I thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our hotel.
I have shared all your comments with my team and hope to have an opportunity to welcoming you back soon,
Yours Sincerely,
Berengere Niemann

Been to Holiday Inn Paris-Charles De Gaulle Airport? Share your experiences!