“Very handy to airport” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Auckland
“Very handy to airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Modern, tidy Holiday Inn located right next to Charles De Gaulle Airport, Paris.
Needed a hotel close to CDG airport - and the Holiday Inn CDG fitted the bill - very handy. Small rooms but good enough for a great nights sleep - which we did need as we were off on a 36hr journey back to NZ. The two rooms we requested were adjoining - which was great. The boys chose to eat in the room - and wife and I went downstairs - not expecting much - but we had a nice meal with some great french wine by the glass - and left us with a great memory of our last night in France (perhaps helped by having the boys back in their room :-) )
Parking was a little strange - seemed we need to take a ticket to park - but never passed a booth to pay for the parking...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
berengere_niemann, General Manager at Holiday Inn Paris-Charles De Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your comments on your recent stay,
I'm delighted to know that our location was suitable enough for your needs and I'm pleased to read that we meet your expectations for your last stop in France !
I hope to welcome you in the future again,
Your Sincerely,
Berengere Niemann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

A clean modern hotel with big rooms and nice bathrooms. As an american traveler, I was happy to find nothing foreign or uncomfortable about this hotel.

LOCATION:
The hotel is near the airport, but not at the airport. You will have to rely on the free "Black Bus" to get to the airport. There is nothing in this neighborhood except other hotels, so you should prepare to eat meals elsewhere or bring water and toiletries if you don't want to pay hotel prices.

THE SHUTTLE BUS:
The shuttle services a BUNCH of hotels, so prepare extra time to get to the airport. I took the shuttle three times, and each time it took over 30 minutes on different routes. I didn't have a problem as other reviewers had with busses driving past, but I did wait longer than 20 minutes for the bus.

FACILITIES:
New modern building. Lobby has monitors that display flight statuses and the shuttle arrival time. But the shuttle arrival time is completely unreliable. The gym is actually a converted guest room. It has a modern treadmill and a weight machine, which is ok for a quick workout.

ROOMS:
They are clean, big, modern, and comfortable. Beds are great, with comforters and four pillows.

SERVICE: The front desk staff are friendly, but definitely will not go above and beyond what is expected of them. I noticed that the shuttle bus did not arrive as the monitor in the lobby had indicated. When inquiring above the shuttle bus, I had to ask the front desk a bunch of questions to understand exactly how to get on it. "When does it come? Where exactly does it come, the street or in the front of the hotel? What color is the bus? What size is the bus?" You would think that after reading ALL the reviews about this lousy shuttle bus, the front desk would be better prepared to assist in giving information about this bus.
As I was checking out the front desk guy began a conversation with someone else (might have been another guest or coworker), and his conversation was clearly slowing down the check out pace. He gave me a receipt, and continued his conversation without saying anything to me. I wasn't sure if he was done, since I didn't get a standard checkout statement, just a credit card receipt. I had a plane to catch, so I just walked away. This was also the same guy that was not very helpful in providing information about the bus.

RESTAURANT:
A bit pricey, but very good. I had a french onion soup (just called an onion soup here, hehhe), the broth was decent but the cheese made it terrific. I also had a steak which wasn't exactly 'medium' as I had requested, but savory. I have uploaded pictures of these dishes.
I read previous reviews, and also noticed the amateur hour going on. I wasn't given proper cutlery. I had to wave my arms like a drowning man to get the attention of the staff. They were very friendly, but a little clueless at times.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
I thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our hotel.
I have shared all your comments with my team and hope to have an opportunity to welcoming you back soon,
Yours Sincerely,
Zagreb, Croatia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is average, one-night stay hotel airport wher you will go if yoe loose your connection or in case of cancellation some airlines will put you in this hotel. Staff is very good, reception without any remark, restaurant little bit less than average. There is schedule shuttle service, but it may happen that you'll wait little bit more because it's not always on time. Room was clean and OK, Internet available in room. For one night, OK.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. We are pleased to see you appreciated our team, our rooms and internet facilities.
I well noted your comments about the shuttle but I regret if our restaurant didn't meet your expectations, for which I sincerely apologize,
Hopefully this does note deter you from returning to the Holiday Inn Paris CDG Airport in the future,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

New hotel located in a sea of off airport hotels near PCG airport.
It took an age to check in as I was 4 the in line and there was only 1 staff member working. As a priority Platinum member I got a ground floor room next to the main door and with an addition of a very strange smell. Therefore sleep was impossible as most of France spent the night smoking outside.
Room itself was functional and well laid out.
Breakfast was €18 and was at Holiday Inn Express level, ok when Its in the room rate but not worth paying for to be honest.

If you are a Holiday Inn Priority member you wont jump for joy here, you can stay s night and i guess you will leave not caring that you did. This hotel could be so much better with some attention to detail and its guests

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for being a Platinium Priority Club member and for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. However, please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you encountered. Be assured that your comments will be reviewed by all our team and we will take actions accordingly.
We greatly appreciate your feed back and hope you will give us another chance to meet your expectations next time,
Yours Sincerely,
Beverly Hills
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

After waiting over 40 minutes on a cold evening at CDG for the Holiday Inn shuttle (Hilton shuttle came by twice) and receiving no help with our luggage, was not too pleased. Justine at front desk was great, as was the restaurant wait staff and manager. Food is mediocre, so try to eat in Roissy. Breakfast buffet is pricey at 18 euros per person, even my 15-year old daughter. As a Platinum Ambassador and paying full price for my room was stunned at the charge. The property is clean, rooms are good-sized, and very nice bathrooms.

Room Tip: Avoid the restaurant if possible, even though the staff is very good. Breakfast buffet is over-pric...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
berengere_niemann, General Manager at Holiday Inn Paris-Charles De Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Sir,

We thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding your experience with our hotel.
We would like to apologize if your stay didn't comply with your needs on 2 points.
Regarding the free shuttle from the Airport, I have shared your comments with the shuttle company.
For the restaurant, the breakfast was at 16.50 € per person, and is free for kids until 12 years old. I'm very disappointed if you didn't like our food as we offer fresh and seasonal food. I would be more than happy if you can contact me direclty to explain me the items you didn't like.
I'm glad you appreciated our team, the room, the bathroom and the property.
Once again, I appreciate you're taking the time to share your comments with us. As a Platinium Ambassador Member, we are grateful for your loyalty, and we hope to welcome you back in our property. For the shuttle, you may book our private shuttle direclty linked to our hotel for only 15 € per room. All the details are on our website, but you can reach us if we can assist you,
Inverness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Last night due to problems with airline, my son, his wife and baby daughter needed a decent hotel room at short notice. Booking was easy and my son said that the staff were very helpful and the room comfortable and very welcome after a very stressful day. The food was excellent. A big thank you to the staff!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Sir,

I really thank you for taking the time to write some comments on the experience your family had in our hotel. I have shared your comments with my team and forwarded them your thanks.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you or your family during your next trip to CDG,
Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I arrived after midnight, and left at 5 am, so it was a pretty brief visit. The receptionist was pleasant and fast on both in and out, internet works well, shower and bed good, and the shuttle to CDG runs every 20 minutes and you're given a schedule on arrival.

All in all, exactly what I needed, although from what I saw there is no reason other than the airport to use this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

I thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience in our hotel,
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and I have shared your comments with my team,
We will be pleased to welcome you back again,
Berengere Niemann

Been to Holiday Inn Paris-Charles De Gaulle Airport? Share your experiences!