“Average hotel airport” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Zagreb, Croatia
“Average hotel airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is average, one-night stay hotel airport wher you will go if yoe loose your connection or in case of cancellation some airlines will put you in this hotel. Staff is very good, reception without any remark, restaurant little bit less than average. There is schedule shuttle service, but it may happen that you'll wait little bit more because it's not always on time. Room was clean and OK, Internet available in room. For one night, OK.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
berengere_niemann, General Manager at Holiday Inn Paris-Charles De Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

I thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. We are pleased to see you appreciated our team, our rooms and internet facilities.
I well noted your comments about the shuttle but I regret if our restaurant didn't meet your expectations, for which I sincerely apologize,
Hopefully this does note deter you from returning to the Holiday Inn Paris CDG Airport in the future,
Berengere Niemann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

New hotel located in a sea of off airport hotels near PCG airport.
It took an age to check in as I was 4 the in line and there was only 1 staff member working. As a priority Platinum member I got a ground floor room next to the main door and with an addition of a very strange smell. Therefore sleep was impossible as most of France spent the night smoking outside.
Room itself was functional and well laid out.
Breakfast was €18 and was at Holiday Inn Express level, ok when Its in the room rate but not worth paying for to be honest.

If you are a Holiday Inn Priority member you wont jump for joy here, you can stay s night and i guess you will leave not caring that you did. This hotel could be so much better with some attention to detail and its guests

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for being a Platinium Priority Club member and for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. However, please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you encountered. Be assured that your comments will be reviewed by all our team and we will take actions accordingly.
We greatly appreciate your feed back and hope you will give us another chance to meet your expectations next time,
Yours Sincerely,
Beverly Hills
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

After waiting over 40 minutes on a cold evening at CDG for the Holiday Inn shuttle (Hilton shuttle came by twice) and receiving no help with our luggage, was not too pleased. Justine at front desk was great, as was the restaurant wait staff and manager. Food is mediocre, so try to eat in Roissy. Breakfast buffet is pricey at 18 euros per person, even my 15-year old daughter. As a Platinum Ambassador and paying full price for my room was stunned at the charge. The property is clean, rooms are good-sized, and very nice bathrooms.

Room Tip: Avoid the restaurant if possible, even though the staff is very good. Breakfast buffet is over-pric...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
berengere_niemann, General Manager at Holiday Inn Paris-Charles De Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Sir,

We thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding your experience with our hotel.
We would like to apologize if your stay didn't comply with your needs on 2 points.
Regarding the free shuttle from the Airport, I have shared your comments with the shuttle company.
For the restaurant, the breakfast was at 16.50 € per person, and is free for kids until 12 years old. I'm very disappointed if you didn't like our food as we offer fresh and seasonal food. I would be more than happy if you can contact me direclty to explain me the items you didn't like.
I'm glad you appreciated our team, the room, the bathroom and the property.
Once again, I appreciate you're taking the time to share your comments with us. As a Platinium Ambassador Member, we are grateful for your loyalty, and we hope to welcome you back in our property. For the shuttle, you may book our private shuttle direclty linked to our hotel for only 15 € per room. All the details are on our website, but you can reach us if we can assist you,
Inverness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Last night due to problems with airline, my son, his wife and baby daughter needed a decent hotel room at short notice. Booking was easy and my son said that the staff were very helpful and the room comfortable and very welcome after a very stressful day. The food was excellent. A big thank you to the staff!!

Dear Sir,

I really thank you for taking the time to write some comments on the experience your family had in our hotel. I have shared your comments with my team and forwarded them your thanks.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you or your family during your next trip to CDG,
Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I arrived after midnight, and left at 5 am, so it was a pretty brief visit. The receptionist was pleasant and fast on both in and out, internet works well, shower and bed good, and the shuttle to CDG runs every 20 minutes and you're given a schedule on arrival.

All in all, exactly what I needed, although from what I saw there is no reason other than the airport to use this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

I thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience in our hotel,
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and I have shared your comments with my team,
We will be pleased to welcome you back again,
Hyde, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Hotel rooms and reception service is actually ok, got recognized as platinum member and all seemed to be going well. Complimentary water, chocolate and free wifi all very good.

Rooms are very small but ok considering this is designed as an overnight airport hotel.

Black bus from airport is awful, waited in freezing cold for 1/2 hour with no knowledge if bus would come or not.

The staff in the Restaurant and bar are very poor they have obviously had no training as to how to look after customers.
Examples are as follows;
No condiments, no correct cutlery, service is very poor overall, staff arguing with customers. Wrong bills with No apologies for this, whilst I was sat in dinner 2 out of three people were complaining as well as me so not just a random issue. They seem to be too busy talking to each other than taking time to look after their customers.

This is a shame because overall well situated property let down by things that could be easily put right!

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
berengere_niemann, General Manager at Holiday Inn Paris-Charles De Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Sir,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your comments,
I have shared your comments with my team and I have taken actions on every points you mentionned,
Regarding the service at the restaurant, we would be pleased to welcome you again as we would like to show you it was an unsual situation.
Regarding the shuttle, we regret you had wait outside during this cold season as we would like to inform you that you can wait inside the lobby : there is a screen displaying the shuttle timetable with the next departure,
We would like to aplogize if you kept a bad feeling with your last stay but would be pleased to welcome you again, please don't hesitate to contact me direclty,
We appreciate you take the time to share your comments with us,
Attard, Malta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed at this hotel the night before our departure from CDG airport. The hotel was quite good and the front reception staff were excellent. Those who wish an alternative to the food offered in the hotel's restaurant can go to one of the restaurants in the small village just a very short walk away. Our major complaint however was the shuttle bus which had to take us to the airport for our morning flight. We were waiting for this well before our flight departure time but the bus never turned up! Apparently when it gets full from other hotels the bus will just keep going straight to the airport leaving the waiting passengers with no idea of what's happening. The shuttle schedule is every 20 minutes but an hour later we were still waiting, together with others whose flight left before ours. We ended up having to take a taxi, at our expense, and arriving just in time! If having a shuttle service is important to you then unfortunately I wouldn't recommend this hotel or any of the other hotels which are served by the Black Bus. There are plenty of other hotel options in the same street which seem to offer a more reliable service.

Room Tip: Our room on the first floor was a bit of a tight squeeze for 3 persons but perfectly acceptable for...
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your comments on the shuttle service and would like to apologize for this inconvenience caused to you, it seems there was a huge traffic on the day of your departure,
Please be informed that we offer complimentary shuttle from 5.00am until midnight everyday, with a frequency between 20 or 40 minutes depending on the day of the week,
Nevertheless, we propose a private shuttle for 15 euros, direclty linked to/from the hotel,
We would be pleased to welcome you back and you may get all the information about this private shuttle on our website,
Once again, we aplogize for this inconvenience caused to you,
Berengere Niemann

Been to Holiday Inn Paris-Charles De Gaulle Airport? Share your experiences!