“certainly convenient........” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Devon, Pennsylvania
“certainly convenient........”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Stayed night before our flight.....we had arrived at the TGV station in the airport after coming from Aix by train. Marriott shuttle is right there. The lobby is really nice and the room was large and quite comfortable. It was pouring rain so we decided not to walk to the little town of Roissey for dinner. Restaurant was having computer problems so service was compromised and the food was a big disappoinment. My tomato tart was edible but my husband's bouillabaisse was not good at all. Breakfast, however, was another story - it was excellent with more than enough choices. The shuttle back to the airport drops you at the TGV station and we walked to the Delta terminal.
Would definitely stay here again but try to have dinner in Roissey.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Sarnia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We stayed here the night before we flew home and it was very nice. There is a little town you can walk to if you want to get some groceries. The staff at the hotel were helpful. The rooms are nice and the bed comfortable. There is no concierge lounge. It was nice to have a free shuttle in the morning.

Room Tip: every room is nice
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I recently was invited to join my husband for dinner (actually with his business friends) during one of the England Football games ... was I crazy or what? Well, the host was pretty plastered and most of the guys were feeling no pain but we all sat down to a table for 8 and there were about 12 of us. I ordered the Steak and was quite surprised that when it came, it tasted like it had been cooked on the same grill as the fish that some had ordered (I was a bit taken back because my father was an American Chef and he instilled in me the hazards of cooking meat and fish off the same grill and or cutting boards, etc. ...so a bit shocked). I had my husband taste the steak and he, too, said it tasted like fish .. so, I left it. I have stayed at many Marriotts throughout many countries and the states and have eaten steak (well, being from Texas) in all the countries and have never tasted one that tasted like fish ... so, it is a bit difficult to review the meal. I have talked to the Manager and they are looking into the situation and I was told by the 'host' that it is not a 'big' deal to eat steak tasting like fish in European Countries, so don't know what to say for you on this experience. We did not stay at the hotel. I found the bar service very slow and the waitress did her best to cater to all these 'football crazy men' that had had too much to drink (thank goodness she was not fired). There were no other mentions on the food, to my knowledge.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Boulder, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

It’s a typical, older, airport hotel – nothing special, nothing bad.
Staff was friendly. Breakfast was good.
The upholstery on the chairs in the room & some of the paint in the room were badly worn.
The biggest disappointment was that while they correctly say there is a shuttle to the airport, the shuttle goes to the TGV station where you need to change to an airport shuttle to get to Terminal 1. This means a trip of 30 – 40 minutes with a change in buses. We opted for a 20 Euro taxi ride.
I don’t think I will do it again. If I get to Paris early enough, I would spend the night at a hotel in Paris near Gare du Nord & make the trip to CDG early in the morning or stay at an airport hotel more convenient to Terminal 1.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

The 20 Euros per day internet charge is outrageous. After spending three delightful weeks touring France we spent our last night at the Marriott to catch our flight home. Every other place we stayed offered free internet. The restaurant is also expensive (breakfast 24 euros, dinner 50+Euros) for rather ordinary fare. The hotel itself is comfortable and what one would expect for a 3 or 4 star hotel but the added charges left us with the feeling of being gouged.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Stayed here for a week during a local trade fair close to the airport. Hotel and staff far exceeded my expectations. Rooms were large, clean and very comfortable, free minibar, tea/coffe making facilities and good selection of English channels on TV. Breakfast was of high standard, with good selection of hot and cold choices, and staff very attendant with refills of tea and coffee. All staff, from front desk, bar, restaurant and housekeeping were superb - friendly, helpful, remembering your name and your preferences. Only downsides for me, if I had to be picky, were the lack of a swimming pool (lots of the neighbouring hotels had one), and that as in so many hotels, the only decent place to dry your hair in good light and close to a socket is by sitting on the floor by the door. Local village is a few minutes walk away (ask staff for a map) with so many really super local (and cheap) French restaurants to try. Also 'Aeroville' shopping mall 5 minutes away by cab - more restaurants and good shops. Would definitely stay again if in the area on business.

Room Tip: All appeared to be good, although the ones on the airport side of the hotel had less noise from the...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

As a Marriott and Ritz Carlton fan, I was extremely disappointed with our recent stay at this hotel which was selected due to it's convenience to the CDG airport. It is by far, the worst Marriott that I have ever stayed in. The condition of the lobby area is quite acceptable, but when you go to your room (they said that I was on the executive floor), the disappointment begins. The hotel is in serious need of a complete renovation. Mold in the bathroom, major chips out of the bottom of the bathroom door and numerous other unpleasant issues.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
ArneKlehn, General Manager at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Dear 'Wineandfoodlover70',

Thank you for taking the time sharing your experience at our hotel.

You indicated in your response that your experience with us was unsatisfactory and the guestrooms are in need of a renovation. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your —or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

I remain at your disposal for further questions or concerns
Kindest regards

Arne Klehn

Been to Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!