“Very nice airport hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi For Members
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Ville D'Avray, France
“Very nice airport hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I stayed here to avoid the morning traffic and was very pleased with my choice. From the large, well appointed rooms to on-sight parking (18 euros), it met my needs. The restaurant was surprizingly unimpressive for both the breakfast and dinner. The I wish I had found a different place to eat. But, overall it was a good value for a good facility.

Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

The Marriott at CDG Aeroport is quite convenient (once you can figure out where to find the shuttle bus at CDG). It is clean, the staff is friendly, helpful, and speak English. The exercise facility is open 24/7, well-equipped, and under-utilized. Free English-language newspapers are available in the lobby.

There is a charge for most amenities. The private hotel shuttle is €18. Internet access is €20 for 24 hours. However, one can print out boarding passes with no charge on the computers in the lobby. The restaurant is very expensive, and the menu is not particularly appealing. No coffee or tea facilities are available in the rooms, but coffee and tea are available 24/7 in the lobby.

We have stayed at several hotels in Roissy, but until several months ago, we never explored the town. It is quaint and quiet, and the flowers are in abundance when in season. There are several excellent inexpensive restaurants within a 2-block walk of the hotel, and they are patronized mostly by the local residents. We had excellent meals at those.

Before you go and if you want to use the Black Bus shuttle (free, but shared by several hotels), be certain to download and print the instructions from the hotel website before you go! Yes, it is in the train station for in Terminal 2 on Level 5. It is a bit of a hike and well-hidden, but it seems to work well and runs about every 20 minutes.

Room Tip: Download the directions to the shuttle before you go!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Hawaii-Biker
Stockholm Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I have stayed here a few times and its basically a normal / standard type of an airport hotel. As its a marriott its a bit better than the lower end chains. The rooms are fairly large but quite dated (especially the bathrooms), they don't have a mini bar or coffee making stuff. Gym is pretty big and quite alright, the restaurant and bar is also ok. Shuttle service to the airport is 15 mins and works well (free). Service is good. Had no problems at the hotel.

Hudson, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Stayed here the night before I flew home to US to avoid early morning traffic from downtown Paris to CDG. Very modern cosmopolitan hotel. Staff very knowledgeable and helpful. Rooms are modern and comfortable. Excellent restaurant with great breakfast buffet. As with most hotels WiFi is expensive at about 20 Euros per 24 hours. Allow sufficient time to get to CDG via bus which stops at hotel, It took about 30 minutes to get to Delta terminal and then there was another 15 minute walk to check in.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Angera, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stayed there three nights for work. The hotel is nicely set up, with wifi throughout the hotel. Underground parking and a nice gym. Lifts are room card controlled so only residents can use the lifts. Nice lobby/bar and reasonably good restaurant. Breakfast is really good with a large choice of about everything. Reception staff very friendly and helpful, as are the rest of the staff.

However;
the rooms are not exactly what I would call soundproof. All trolley bags, laundry carts etc. that passed in my corridor or the one of the floor above, are clearly audible. The bathtub was damaged, had a big rust stain in it. The chair at the desk was falling apart, I had to stick it back together more than once during my stay. Not what you would expect for a hotel of that price.
Which brought me to the main problem I had with the Hotel:

Everything is charged extra. -24 hrs. internet? 19 Euros. -Mini-bar is empty, but we can stock it, just ask for our deals at reception. -TV has international channels from all over the world, try to watch one (other than BBC or CNN) you have to buy a TV package. Parking overnight costs money, and prices in general are steap. There is a little 'shop' where you can buy prepacked sandwiches and soft drinks/snacks: 8,50 for a pepsi and a (dry) sandwich. 7-8 Euros for a glass of wine in the bar. Room service: 5 Euro tray charge.. The only thing you get for free are the smiles at the reception when they hand you your key on check in and the bill on checkout. Not even a complementary bottle of water on your room.

Also after the first night I was in my room until about noon with the do not disturb sign on the door. Then I left and got back to my room at about nine in the evening to find they did not bother to clean the room. So the next day when I went for breakfast I asked the cleaners to do my room straight away, which the did. But it is not something I'd expect to need to organize myself.

Overall I had a good stay though, the friendly staff compensate a lot. And it does has a nice feel to it, but it lacks real (free) service and eye for detail.

Central Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

This property is noisy and sterile even by the standards of travellers who are heavy users of domestic and international Marriotts. Front desk staff was first rate and efficient, as was the concierge and shuttle service the following morning. Less pleasant was the outside noise seeping through poor fitting windows; restaurant service that involved a succession of wait staff (we lost count at 6) who tag-teamed service; and food that was excruciatingly un-French despite haute cuisine descriptions and high prices that ended with an overt solicitation for a tip "because they don't pay us". The same thing happened the following morning, although there was no request for a tip but rather a small fire from the cooking area. (At dinner the restaurant manager stood aloof as clients sought help; at breakfast, the manager looked on in disinterest as customers and staff were first transfixed then took steps to put out the fire; she evidently thought she was a judge at a war games exercise.) Then there was the caravan of Eastern European "entrepeneurs" with female companions who wandered through the restaurant. Admittedly, the room prices were not out of line with international airport hotel prices, and the clientele and wait staff could have been amusing -- both were certianly memorable -- but somehow it didn't match the normal decorum of other international Marriotts.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BienAgiter
Orange County, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I am Marriott Rewards Gold Elite. Maybe my experience was not the norm, but I had a negative experience with the front desk at check in. I had a confirmed reservation for a King bed, non-smoking for 1-night at the CDG Marriott. I arrived late at night, and upon arrival, the man who handled my check in said only rooms with double beds on lower floors were available. 1-night, no big deal, I took the key and went to my room on the 2nd fl. The room was "worn" and the mattresses on both beds concave. I went downstairs to eat dinner, and on my way back to my room 11:45 p.m. I stopped and spoke with a different front desk clerk about my room. She confirmed my reservation for King bed in the system, and said that king beds ARE available on the Executive floor (4th Fl). I asked why I was not assigned one of these rooms at check in? At this point, the man who handled my check-in (standing right next to this young lady) quickly walked away to the back area.

She offered to let me "upgrade" to this room, but I was so tired and aggrevated that I declined. Needless to say, I did not get any rest on the hammock of a matress in my room. The bathroom had broke floor tile and mold in the shower. I should have changed rooms when I had the chance.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Daniel I
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roissy-en-France
Novotel Paris CDG Terminal
Novotel Paris CDG Terminal
#7 of 31 in Roissy-en-France
4.0 of 5 stars 1,668 reviews
Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel & C...
#9 of 31 in Roissy-en-France
4.0 of 5 stars 1,501 reviews
Novotel Convention & Wellness Roissy CDG
Novotel Convention & Wellness Ro...
#4 of 31 in Roissy-en-France
4.0 of 5 stars 1,012 reviews
citizenM Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
citizenM Paris Charles de Gaulle...
#1 of 4 in Tremblay-En-France
4.5 of 5 stars 1,371 reviews
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
Hilton Paris Charles de Gaulle A...
#2 of 4 in Tremblay-En-France
4.0 of 5 stars 2,041 reviews
ibis Styles Paris CDG Airport Roissy
ibis Styles Paris CDG Airport Ro...
#2 of 31 in Roissy-en-France
4.5 of 5 stars 89 reviews

Been to Paris Marriott Charles de Gaulle Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!