“A good hotel with less fare” 3 of 5 stars
Review of pentahotel Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport

You added pentahotel Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport to your Saves list
pentahotel Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12 Allee du Verger, 95700 Roissy-en-France, France (Formerly Park Inn by Radisson Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport)   |
Offers & Announcements
15% OFF PROMOTION
Ranked #25 of 28 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
“A good hotel with less fare”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel got good facilities with free wifi conection and the fare is only €60 per day.................................................................................................................................

Stayed February 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Campbelltown, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Only had 1 night here before i flew out but great location and free airport shuttle service. Had a very nice meal at the bar, beautiful food. As they were in the middle of upgrading the put us in one of the newest rooms, which was fantastic, Free movies, nice flat screen TV and very comfy bed! highly recommend staying here for your lay over in Paris or before flying out.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
fom_paris_cdg, Front Office Manager at pentahotel Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear RMasotti,
It is a real pleasure for us to see that you have enjoyed your stay and all our team is very pleased by your nice comment.
As you have mentionned, the refurbishement is still ongoing and many other thing will be coming soon. We would be very happy to welcome you again and make you discover the full penta concept.
West Hollywood, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2015

I had a 22 hour layover in Paris CDG and wanted to stay close to the airport to avoid having to take my luggage into the city. The hotel has been undergoing renovations (for quite some time it seems) but the new rooms are decent.

ARRIVING/SHUTTLE - I arrived at 3:30PM in the afternoon. The hotel provides free hotel shuttle to and from the airport, but finding information about pickup location and schedules is near impossible to find on the internet. After going through passport control I went to the information desk and they directed me to the Paris RER/Train/Bus transportation station. This was a short 5 minute walk from within Terminal 2. Once there, take the lift to LEVEL 5. You will come to an outdoor platform where various hotels are listed with schedules. Pentahotel is NOT listed on any of these schedules. In fact, there are no schedules listed for the GOLD line bus at all, but it does come every 20-30 minutes from 5am to 11:30pm, so just stay put. The bus is gold/yellow and says GOLD LINE right on the front. The bus services a series of hotels around the airport, but it is fairly efficient. It took about 15 minutes to get to the hotel.

LOCATION - The hotel itself is not far from the airport, but there is literally nothing in the area other than hotels. The area was very quiet and street noise was non existent. Be prepared to bring your own munchies as there are no options anywhere near by to pick up snacks. This hotel is purely for transit, don't expect to do any sightseeing in the immediate area. With the free shuttle to the airport you can take the train into the city, but make sure you get back before it gets too late as the shuttle is not 24 hours from the airport.

HOTEL/AMENITIES - The hotel itself is nice, but is definitely still under construction. I was given one of the newer rooms. Receptionists were very nice and friendly. The lobby is slightly dated, as are the hallways. The hotel is a non-smoking hotel, so if you smoke and want to go out for a late night cigarette, be aware that the front door is locked after hours. Security will need to let you back in. This wasn't a problem, but think it is worth mentioning. WiFi is available throughout the hotel/in the room, and is free of charge for 256kbps or €10/$15CAD for 24 hours of 5Mbps. I think this is kind of silly, but the 256kbps speed was enough to surf and check my email/Facebook.

ROOM - The room was neat. The decor was nice. The bed was a bit on the firmer side (which I prefer) and the duvet was comfortable. The bathroom hosts a rain shower head, and water pressure was great. The door to the bathroom is on a sliding rail which jammed when I slid the door shut too fast. Be cautious of this, as I almost trapped myself in the bathroom. It took a bit of muscle but I was able to lift the door off the track to open it. As of early January 2015, the new rooms have not yet been fitted with hair dryers, but this can be obtained from the front desk upon request. I read on the hotel description that the rooms are all soundproof. This is not the case, as I could hear the guests in the room next to mine, and I could hear other guests in the hallway. It wasn't enough to bother me, but it definitely was not soundproof.

RESTAURANT/BAR - The hotel has a bar and a restaurant on site. The price for an entree is €14-20. I had the Penta Burger with Fries (€14). The burger was massive and hit the spot for me. My room did not come with water, so I went to the bar to purchase a bottle of water. A 1 litre bottle of Evian cost me €8/$12 so I strongly suggest you bring your own water to the hotel. I'm sure you can find it cheaper at the airport.

CHECKING OUT - Check out was quick and painless. I booked a prepaid room, so I literally just had to return my room key. I left feeling satisfied with my experience, but it wasn't worth writing home about. The €8 bottle of water still kind of stings, but otherwise I would consider staying here again during a layover.

Room Tip: Ask for a newer room that has been renovated.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Dear Rileyhalden,
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience of pentahotel Paris. Customer satisfaction is our main goal and your feedback most valuable for us to progress and meet all expectations. It is always very nice to see that the team's work has made your stay enjoyable and we will surely share your comment with them.
You have raised a few points that needs to be improve and actions are being taken in order to make you next stay even better.
The refurbishement is still ongoing, but soon we will be able to make you live the real penta experience as we see it.
We hope to see you again very soon.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2015 via mobile

i was in Paris for some training and stayed here at this hotel. Mine you now they are in the mist of a major remodel job. I started out in one of the before rooms not much to write home about, but later switch to one of the after rooms, now that was a big difference, the room was clean, more modern, just great. When their finished it's will be great. The service was great even with the language barrier. Hotel staff was excellent and attend to my every concern. Food the served was great. So if you get a old room don't judge them, but you get a finished remodel room you be very please.

Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Dear customer,
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience at the pentahotel Paris. We are very happy that you have enjoyed your stay. As you have mentionned we are in a full process of refurbishement but our team is doing everything to satisfy everyone's expectations.
You have enjoyed the room? More is coming with our pentalounge coming soon. We would be very happy to welcome you again and make you live the full penta experience.
Feel free to contact us to organize your next stay in Paris.
Thank you again for your trust and see you soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2015

Stayed here for two nights, great location 30 minutes to Paris central from local train station (free bus to the station) and free transfers to the airport. Bed was comfy and free films on the 40" TV, staff where very helpful, especially the evening guy on the desk! Breakfast wasn't the best but still was satisfactory. Well worth the money we paid!

• Stayed January 2015
Beaufort, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2014

We had a very wonderful stay for 2 days. We wished we had more time to enjoy the facilities. The hotel was in the middle of room refurbishment. We felt that the room was great. Very comfortable bed, soft plush towels, refrigerator and very clean. The breakfast buffet was one of the best we have ever had the pleasure to enjoy. Lastly was the hotel staff they were extremely pleasant, efficient and was willing to give to any assistance that you required.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Kochi (Cochin), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights , on 23rd Nov to 25th Nov 2014.The stay was very good.there was free wifi which was very useful for us. they served good breakfast . It is easy accessible from airport and city

Room Tip: center part rooms have good circulation of air
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Been to pentahotel Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport? Share your experiences!