I would rate this hotel higher but the shuttle service back to the airport driven us crazy.
Let me explain! When I booked the hotel, I understood that they offer free shuttle service from and to airport. Basically, we were told to get out of the terminal and take the Black Bus to the hotel ("Only three minutes from Roissy-Charles de Gaulle International Airport" - according to the hotel's site).
It sounds good but let's go to the real life: when out of the Terminal 2 with the baggage, we found out that the Black Bus is actually not the free shuttle to BW hotel only but to some dozens of Hotels in Roissy. After about 20 minutes of waiting, the bus arrived. The first stop was Ibis Hotel. The second stop was Millenium hotel which was next to BW so we decided to step out here and take a walk to BW.
We spent about 30-40 minutes from the Black Bus shuttle station to the hotel, including the 20 minutes of waiting and 5 minutes of walk.
I decided to consider 45 minutes for the way back to the airport. Great mistake!
Next day, soon after check out, the bus arrived. The driver has confirmed that this is the right bus to the airport. We boarded the bus and went to ... Marriot hotel. Then, to another hotel. And so on. The bus stopped at least 5 minutes in front of every single hotel in Roissy even there were no passengers to drop or pick up. After the tour of all the hotels in Roissy was completed, the bus stopped in front of the terminal 1 for ... the drivers crew change! They needed about 10-15 minutes to talk (a long handover, huh?). The bus finally arrived in front of Terminal 2 after 50 minutes!!! It's amazing, but they managed to waste about 50 minutes on what they called "Only three minutes from Roissy-Charles de Gaulle International Airport".
From the other hand, the hotel is nice and quiet. The room was large, clean and fine furbished, the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was OK as well. The WiFi worked well. They offer tea and coffee on the house.
I was not so happy with the breakfast. It was not included in the price of the room and quite expensive: 18 Euro/person. We ordered the breakfast in the room, asking for omelets. The omelet was absolutely tasteless (made of eggs powder?!). The other foodstuffs were more or less OK.
Overall, I consider that as an airport hotel it doesn't worth the money. If you need 50 minutes to reach the Airport, better stay in a hotel in Paris and take the train!
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Paris Cdg Airport Hotel
- Best Western Paris Cdg Airport Hotel Roissy
- Holiday Inn Roissy
- Roissy Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barely three minutes from Paris Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport and 10 minutes from the Paris Nord Villepinte exhibition centre, our 243 spacious and comfortable rooms provide you with and ideal business venue. As well as our 16 new meeting rooms and business centre, we also focus on comfort, providing you with a fitness area, bar and 'Josephine's' restaurant with its innovative and international cuisine.OUR LOCATION, WARM DECOR AND CONVIVIAL ATMOSPHERE MAKE OUR HOTEL THE IDEAL PLACE FOR HOLDING YOUR INTERNATIONAL EVENTS. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Best Western Paris CDG Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.