“Good value place to crash” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Budget Roissy CDG Paris Nord 2

Save Saved
You added Ibis Budget Roissy CDG Paris Nord 2 to your Saves list
Ibis Budget Roissy CDG Paris Nord 2
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   335 rue de la Belle Etoile | ZAC Paris Nord 2, 95974 Roissy-en-France, France (Formerly Etap Hotel)   |
Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in Roissy-en-France

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Very friendly staff at the Reception. I checked in late in the evening but didn't have any issues. The Hotel provides free shuttle pick up and drop from the airport. The city is a bit far. But teh Hotel shuttle drops you at the Airport from where you can head to the city by the train.
I was touring Paris for 2 days and not many people speak English in Paris. Took the Touring bus whcih is one of the best options. The Eiffel Tower in the nights is just amazing to watch.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Ottawa, ON
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We didn't realize an Ibis Budget hotel was different from Ibis hotels until too late. Ibis Budget has recently bought and rebranded the Etap chain of low budget hotels. We paid 54 euros for a night, plus tax. They charged us for breakfast, even though we didn't ask for it. Had to get refunded in cash as that is all they could figure out to do with their system. The hotel concierge made it clear I was causing them a great inconvenience when I asked for a refund for a breakfast we didn't want or order.

The room is very clean, and has clean sheets and a clean private bathroom and shower. We had two twin beds that were firm.

The room smells like cheap cologne (realized after about 15 minutes of hunting for a glade air freshener that it was their cleaning products improperly rinsed off shower and bathroom walls). Heard loud conversations until 1 am, which travelled down the ventilation system, then was woken at 5 am by garbage trucks picking up dumpsters, then at 6 am when neighbor rolled their luggage down the hallway. It is like staying at a YMCA, except the Y is quieter. For $20 to $30 more you can stay at a much nicer place and it will be well worth the investment.

Travel tip: The shuttle bus here is confusing (they all are). When at the train station, look for the sign that shows the hotel brand names (in this case, Etap). You are taking the bus that goes to Paris Nord 2 (abbreviated to PN2). The bus stops at all the CDG terminals and several of the budget hotels. You won't miss your hotel stop - it's very clear when you get there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Perfect hotel if you have any early flight out of CDG - we travelled with our young daughter and had a room with a bunk bed which she loved ! Great value for money - the room is practical and very clean. I would stay there again ! You have to catch the Navette shuttle bus which runs every 20mins from and to the airport - which are near the train stations at T1 and T2.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed here just one night before our flight back to the States....we just needed an inexpensive hotel that was clean and that had transportation to the airport. Now there are many hotels in the area of Charles De Gaulle Airport that have more to offer...but many are very expensive. Ibis Budget was 69 euros for the night. As we had a rental car to drop off, it was convenient to first check into the Ibis Budget Hotel, drop off our bags, take the car back to the airport and then catch the free hotel shuttle bus back to the hotel (the shuttle bus leaves from terminal 3 - the airport train or tram will take you there). The Ibis Budget Hotel is situated in a complex of other hotels (there are two Ibis, a Novotel and an F1). There is parking on the site too. The room we had was very basic, but it had all that we needed for a night's stay - toilet, sink and shower in the room and a comfortable bed. The room was very clean. There are plenty of electrical sockets in the room and nice light control (varied levels). There is a tv in the room and there is free wifi as well. The room was very quiet -- there was very little jet noise with the window closed, so that was good. You don't have to worry about a key as they use digital code locks for the room. We didn't have breakfast at the Hotel...so I can't speak to their food, etc. The free shuttle bus will take you directly to the airport (it runs every 20 minutes during the day starting at about 0515, and I believe it runs up to about 2330 or 11:30 pm). We took a morning shuttle (0755) to the airport and there were about 20 people on our pickup...it can be a bit crowded as the shuttle is for the multiple hotels on the site. We had to stand on the shuttle, but it was only about a 10 minute ride to the airport. So, for a no frills one night stay, it is a great bargain. If you want more luxury....there is a Hilton next door...but that will be a lot more for a clean place to sleep. This hotel was once an Etap Hotel (in fact there soap for example in the room has Etap on the wrapper). Also, if you are driving and have a GPS with hotels....the GPS may have the hotel as Etap in Roissy-en-France. We were very pleased with the accomodation at this Ibis Budget for a night and we would not hesitate to stay here again. We found the staff to be cordial and helpful as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I had prepaid a room at this hotel and arriving late at CDG a hotel shuttle bus driver told me that Etap was now part of the Ibis chain and to take the next bus. I did just that and was dropped at the Ibis Stylus to register. I was told that I was at the wrong Ibis and I needed to be at the Ibis Nord 2 or similar name. As it was now close to 23:00 and I was exhausted I asked if he could phone and cancel the other one and could I stay here. He was not cooperative but I was so tired that I just paid for a room at the Ibis Stylus. I am presently communicating with the Ibis chain and the Accord Chain who I made my reservation through. If a hotel changes names surely a simple email could be sent to a prepaid customer telling him the new name of the hotel he will be sleeping in. I am quite disgusted .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Ibis Budget Roissy CDG Paris Nord 2? Share your experiences!