“good choice for one night at airport” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Paris CDG Terminal Roissy

You added Ibis Paris CDG Terminal Roissy to your Saves list
Ibis Paris CDG Terminal Roissy
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Roissy Aeroport Cedex | BP 11122, 95701 Roissy-en-France, France   |
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“good choice for one night at airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

thru our flight connection, we had to spend one night thereand it was a good place there - although the room was very small - especially the bathroon. there was a goodrestaurant inside the ibis hotel and it was good there, also outside - in the train station, had been few fast food options. for a usual ibis hotel -the price wedid payed was high, but itis the location for what you pay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Turkish first
Amritsar, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

On our Return flight we had again one nightstop at the Airport and we did used for that Night the Ibis Hotel, wich is directly at the irport RER Train Station and well coneced with Terminals 1 and 2. Pretty large Ibis hotel and ourroom was small but fully ok for one night. there was a great Restaurant inside the Hotel, where we had Dinner and it was very good. Reception Staff was friendly.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I go to Paris a lot, and on my last trip I almost missed my flight home because the RER trains were so packed with people during morning rush hour. (The train to CDG was okay north of Gare du Nord, but getting to Gare du Nord from the south and west was indescribably horrible. I still have nightmares about it.)

So this trip I decided to spend the last night at a CDG airport hotel for a 7:00am flight. It worked out so incredibly well with this Ibis hotel that I'm thinking about doing it all the time for my Paris vacations from now on. Stay in a nice central Paris hotel except for the last night. On your last full day in Paris, leave your luggage at the hotel after you check out, spend the day sightseeing, and have a relaxed early dinner. Then fetch your luggage, ride to CDG at a relaxed pace (no flight to miss!) and go check in at the CDG Ibis for a truly hassle-free departure the next morning. I did this and I actually saved a chunk of money with one fewer night in a central Paris hotel.

I stayed at the Ibis last night and it was a perfectly respectable hotel. I think I was in the new wing. The decor was like something from an IKEA catalog: wooden floors, wooden shelves, a bit of an echo from all those no-nonsense smooth surfaces, but very clean and functional. Bed was great. Okay, so I fumbled for the light next to the bed and it fell off the wall, but they can fix it. Bathroom was an elevated capsule thing where you had to step up to enter, and it felt like the lavatory on the space shuttle. But it was really quite large, impeccably clean and modern, and the shower was blessedly hot. No complaints at all. The hotel had a little card on the bed that said they would resolve all hotel-caused problems within 15 minutes, or "you are our guest." This was cleverly worded indeed, because obviously if you see the card at all then you are already their guest, but maybe they mean your nightly charge will be waived. In any case, they seemed to show a we-care attitude, which I do not see in many hotels these days. Two bonus points.

The check-in process took about 3 minutes. The lady asked me if I wanted to add a breakfast buffet and whether I wanted to pay when I checked in or checked out. Check-out this morning at 5:30am took about 30 seconds. It would have taken 15 seconds, but I had to start barking to get the attention of someone in the back room.

A few minor complaints, but nothing serious. No safe in the room, but you must use your room key card to use the elevator, which made me feel safer. Also they did not provide bars of soap, just a hanging bottle of this clear goop that you can use for all kinds of things: skin, face, hair (and maybe teeth, I don't know).

If you are leaving early in the morning, a wake-up call is critical. I forgot to ask about this when I checked in, and later I used the phone in the room to set a wake-up call. Mon Dieu, it was all in French, with no options to reach the English menus, but amazingly I got it programmed correctly with a little trial and error. (Enter 5:00am as "0500" and you're home free.) When the phone rang at 5:00am this morning I leaped from bed shouting "Yes!" triumphantly.

TV at this hotel was okay unless you watch English-language shows. Only channel I could find in English was BBC world news, which endlessly repeated this ludicrous story about how breweries in Europe are trying sell more beer in South America.

Internet at the Ibis was fine, although you had to register with your name and email address, and you were then limited to 200MB over a 24-hour period. But I emailed a lot of photos and watched YouTube for a long time last night, and no problem.

Two restaurants in the lobby that looked nice. One seemed to focus on pizza and pasta; it was named "Pizza and Pasta." These restaurants seemed to target international travelers who just want to get in, grab some grub, and go. Seemed very welcoming. I didn't eat there, but I will give them a try next time. Also, there is a snack bar place that is sort of like a watered-down U.S.-style convenience store. Sort of. I got yogurt and juice for a snack. The cashier was lovely and super-friendly.

Other reviews here are correct, Terminal 1 is very easy to reach from the Ibis. At 5:30am this morning the CDGVAL shuttle trains came every 3 minutes, and the trip to Terminal 1 took about 3 minutes. So total time from leaving your room, getting through check-out, and getting to Terminal 1 is about 10-12 minutes. Can't beat that. Of course, you then need to figure out where to go in Terminal 1, so add another hour or so.

And there was one unexpected goodie about my stay at the Ibis. I had a very relaxed evening packing and getting ready for my flight home, and to kill an hour I took a little self-designed walking tour of the entire CDG airport. I had never seen Terminal 2 and it was architecturally quite fascinating. Staying at the Ibis gave me some time to explore the airport and appreciate (or be horrified by) the sheer vastness of the Terminal 2 complex. I see why the airport cops ride Segways.

I'd stay at the Ibis again without any reservations at all. I mean, without any doubts or hesitations. (Do reserve your hotel rooms in advance.) A terrific hotel for the price and a sneaky way to avoid the trauma of getting from Paris through CDG to your morning flight. Merci, Ibis Paris CDG Terminal Roissy.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Bogota, Colombia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Excellent location to stay in terminal 3. Some walking steps and you have the metro line and the CDGVAL to go to terminals 1 and 2. No need to wait for a shuttle bus to go to the hotel from airport.
As a budget hotel dont expect luxury, but it is very appropiate for conecting flights. Also it has free wifi and storage to leave your baggages for some days ;)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Senec, Slovakia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed here 1 night rather than stay in central Paris. location is perfect for Terminal 3 (budget airlines terminal). I woke up 1 hour before my flight, had shower, 3 mins walk to the terminal and still had time for duty free shopping. 2 Restaurants and also a snack shop selling salads, yogurts etc. Checkin was quick, paid bill on checkin so didn't need to queue up to checkout in the morning. Will stay again next time I have an early flight if the price is not crazy.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Ibis Paris CDG Terminal Roissy? Share your experiences!