“LEFT TO ROT!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel & Conference Centre

Save Saved
You added Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel & Conference Centre to your Saves list
Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   BP 35051 | Tremblay-en-France, 95716 Roissy-en-France, France   |
Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #3 of 32 hotels in Roissy-en-France
Les Sables-d'Olonne, France
“LEFT TO ROT!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

A DISASTER and according to my privilege card, I am supposed to be treated as a Starwood Preferred Guest with all the services this is supposed to bring.
Exhausted from a flight, I tried to check in at 20h10, a long queue to check in and, on reservation I requested feather bedding because of allergies to synthetic fibers but nothing had been done and so I was told to go and wait for 30 minutes in the club lounge which meant dragging two heavy suitcases up and along the length of the long building. 40 minutes of waiting in a very small and not very clean clubhouse room and no sign of the front desk receptionist who had promised to come and accompany me to my room. I had to ask the club room receptionist to call the main receptionist. It was clear that they had completely forgotten about me, the original receptionist had gone off duty and I was told to wait yet again. I waited but nothing so one hour and ten minutes after my arrival I dragged all my heavy luggage back to reception where they finally gave me very sheepishly my key!
Once settled in the room I rang reception to find out which terminal I should fly out from the next day and what time I should check out of the hotel in time to get my flight. I was to find out the following day that this information was completely wrong, the true terminal I needed was much further away than advised by the hotel. Had I actually checked out at the receptionist suggested time I would definitely have missed my flight. A very long queue for check out didn't help the matter and by beginning my check out 1 1/2 hours before my flight this still left me running and the last person to board the flight and only because the flight was delayed!
I wrote to the head office to inform them of my utter dismay at their total lack of service and unprofessional behaviour and they suggest I return for another stay where they wish to upgrade me to a better room. This is a complete joke when you consider they had forgotten me altogether and then helped me nearly miss my flight through mis-information! An 'upgrade' would therefore not be too difficult, would it? For obvious reasons I will definitely not be returning to this hotel or any another Starwood "PREFERRED" Guest hotel. It is my second really bad experience of a Starwood group hotel so enough is enough!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
A_Ziani_Orus, Quality manager at Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.
I was concerned to read of your disappointment regarding your experience at Sheraton. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if you wish to share more feedback. Your experience is certainly a shortfall and not indicative of the high quality standards we strive to achieve at Sheraton. Rest assured that I have shared your feedback with the concerned departments for an immediate investigation.
I sincerely hope to welcome you back for your next visit to Paris and restore your confidence in our quality of service.
Best regards,

1,057 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We had to travel by train from our river cruise, first to Marseille and then to Paris. By the time we had hauled our heavy bags (it was late winter) from one station to the next, then got to Paris it was about 7.30 at night. We had a long flight to Australia the next day and it was a great relief to see the Sheraton at the top of the escalator inside the train station. We had a club room so were able to unpack a little bit, have a shower and go to the club room for a light meal. This was instead of having to get a taxi to a nearby hotel, then go out looking for somewhere to eat. The room was very good, great bed and quiet. The next morning we came down to look for a shuttle or taxi to the correct terminal and the staff member I asked immediately offered to drive us to the terminal at no charge. He took us to the Singapore airline door and the whole experience was extremely stress free.

Room Tip: I thought the club room was good value for us. The food was fine, they had wine, coffee and other...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor.
I am glad to earn that you have appreciated your stay with us especially the convenience of our location.

A BIENTOT !

Ottawa Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We moved from our hotel in central Paris to spend the night at the Sheraton before our early morning flight to Venice. We booked the hotel for under $100 on Hotwire which made it a terrific bargain. The room and bath were spacious and well-appointed and we certainly could not hear any noise from the outdoors even though we overlooked the tarmac. The location in Terminal 2 is also ideal for connections to or from the RER and it really takes the stress out of a morning departure from CDG. We didn't try the restaurants so can't comment on those.

Room Tip: Rooms with view of the tarmac are nicer than the first floor view of the access road. We asked to mo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
A_Ziani_Orus, Quality manager at Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor.
I am glad to earn that you have appreciate your stay with us.

A BIENTOT !

Astana, Kazakhstan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Hotel is fine, it's a fairly standard hotel in the middle of an airport, with no frills.

It's very expensive for what is a mediocre hotel.

Do not spend the extra money for a club room as the club room itself was filled with loud Americans watching a football match, swearing like it was going out of fashion and complaining about 'soccer'. The food supplied was under par but there is plenty of beer, it that's your thing.

Not a hotel I would recommend, but suggest the Hyatt which although not in the airport itself is within close proximity.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
A_Ziani_Orus, quality manager at Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear guest,

I do regret that we haven't met your expectations during your last visit to us. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly should you wish to share more information about your stay.
We sincerely look forward to welcoming you again and restore your confidence in our quality of service.
Regards,

Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stayed one night with a flight departure scheduled for the next morning. Such convenience! The traffic on Friday night out of Paris to the airport was horrendous and had we had an evening flight, I am certain we would not have made the connection. Waking the next morning and being able to walk directly into the airport corridors was so convenient, relaxing and stress-free. We dined in the restaurant on Friday. The food was good and nicely presented with reasonable prices. The room was neat and clean and more than adequate for a one-night visit. We did not experience any airport traffic noise. We found the staff to be friendly, helpful and fluent in English. For convenience, this is the place to stay. The only negative is that better signage directing drivers to the hotel is needed. Our driver had some difficulty getting to the entrance.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable comments. I am glad to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and avoided all the hassle of getting to the airport on the day of your departure.
We sincerely look forward to your next visit to us in Paris.
Warm regards!

A. Ziani-Orus

Rustburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I missed my flight at the Paris airport and ended up staying at the Sheraton in the airport. With no luggage or coat (raining & cold), I wasn't compelled to venture far from the airport. When I requested a room, I was told the cost would be 319 euros which equal a little more than $413.00. I was shocked at the price, but I consoled myself that at least it would be a nice room. Then I was told it was a smoking room - what??? Being so worn out, I accepted. When I entered the room, I immediately noticed how small it was, the stained carpet and worn upholstery, and the smell was horrible. Also little in the way of toiletries. I asked them to spray while I was out for a little while. If they did, I could not tell it. I was terribly disappointed and upset that I had spent that much money on such a crappy room.

Room Tip: don't accept smoking room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
A_Ziani_Orus, Quality manager at Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback following your stay at Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel. We truly value your comments as it is only from guest feedback that we will be able to uphold our commitment to excellence.
I am of course, concerned to learn of your disappointment and would like to extend my sincere apologies that your experience fell short of the high standards we are renowned for achieving. Please allow me to reassure you that I have personally addressed your feedbacks with the concerned department heads to ensure that we revisit all these issues and minimize the risk of them reoccurring.

Once again, thank you very much for sharing your feedback, we certainly look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back in the future and serving you again, with the aim to restore your confidence in full.

Grand Cayman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed for one night prior to a long haul flight. Hotel is in the perfect location with entry from inside the terminal. Staff were pleasant & the room was clean & comfortable. As far as airport hotels go I would rate this at the top & I have stayed in a number of them. As an added bonus they have all the Brisitsh BBC channels live so I even got to watch the Olympic 100m final with decent commentary!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing a review on TripAdvisor following your second stay with us at Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel, I am deligted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I also would like to thank you for your rewarding feedback, as it is only from our guest feedback that we will be able to uphold our commitment to product and service excellence.

Thank you for your continued loyalty towards the hotel and we certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Paris, hopefully in the near future.

A.Ziani-Orus

Been to Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!