“Expensive as hell but good facility” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle

Booking.com Priceline.com
Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   351 av du Bois de la Pie, 95912 Roissy-en-France, France   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Chicago, IL
“Expensive as hell but good facility”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have stayed here four or five times - the reception is typical Paris, typical Europe - you can feel yourself aging in the line to check in.

The staff isn't overly friendly on reception - again, welcome to Paris - but they are courteous enough and seem willing to explain your benefits if you have status with them. I am a Hyatt Passport member so usually at least score some free Wi-Fi.

This last time I stayed my room was nice and cool - I ended up getting a double bed room (my company booked it) and the little bed was barely big enough for me alone. I will say this, though. My A/C was nice and cold - the shower was good and hot. The time before this stay, I couldn't get my room very cool, but it was almost 100 degrees out. I think the part of the hotel that is connected to the reception area is older or something, and the other hotel section across from reception may be better constructed.

The workout facility is good with a decent size pool and good equipment. Being open 24 hours is a bonus.

Be warned, though - the food and drink is really expensive for what you get. Buy yourself some drinks at a Relay store at CDG before you come over or you can make the somewhat short walk to the village of Roissy where there are two grocery stores to cover your needs.

Two of my colleagues plunked down some serious change for breakfast, which both say was nowhere near worth it.

I've stayed at better, stayed at worse. Welcome to Paris.

Room Tip: Try and get a room in the section not above reception
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

450 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Paso Robles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

22 Euros for Wifi per day. NO WAY!!! Every b and b and small hotel on our trip to France had FREE WiFi, but NOT the Hyatt. Advertised free lobby wifi did not work. We walked to the Ibis Hotel and used their Free Wifi!!! Even my local grocery store has free wifi, WHY does Hyatt charge such and outrageous price for it??????Room was nice, staff was good (this you would expect from any International Brand), but the management must have no respect for their customers to have such a ridiculous charge.

Room Tip: Industrial area, good only for overnight in/out of airport. Did I mention 22 Euros per day for inte...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Ok, so first of all, I stayed here for one night after my inbound flight to Paris.

Everything was superb. I am a platinum member so I had complementary wifi, and they even upgraded me to a Regency Club room with Club access. This is a GREAT bonus because you get... well, free drinks! Also complementary breakfast in the lounge (I believe it's continental). I had booked the flexible rate with breakfast, so I had room service. Here's a tip, as others have noted, breakfast and just about all the food here is pricey (welcome to France...haha) but the bed & breakfast rate is usually a really good deal, especially if you have 2 people.

At first there was a discrepancy about whether room service was included with that rate (it was clearly notated on hyatt.com, but not in the initial basic description), but a quick double-check and they got it all sorted out. I will say, they actually went on to charge my credit card the $47 for the room service, however, a quick call to customer service and it was handled. Kind of annoying to have to deal with that 3 separate times, but it was dealt with in a professional manner which is all that matters (people make mistakes, it's life).

All in all, not the greatest Hyatt rooms I've ever stayed in, but still more than adequate. As far as airport hotels go, it was definitely a good choice. All in all a beautiful hotel.

Again, you're in France, at a Hyatt... the prices aren't going to be cheap...

ALSO! The shuttle. Almost makes it worth it alone. They run a dedicated shuttle just for the Hyatt, unlike most hotels in the area using a shared shuttle which is sloooooooow. That made the hotel worth it all alone. I believe there is only one hotel truly IN the airport, but you'll pay a pretty penny for it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have stayed here on numerous occasions (usually when flight connections fail or the last flight leaves without me... thank you BA!).
It makes a good first impression with that light, spacious, airy atrium which, even at night, is an uplifting environment to relax and catch-up on the day's emails. Or it would be if Hyatt didn't insult you with their ridiculous wifi charges (€15 minimum). Seriously, wifi is free in the airport (and most McDonalds for that matter), how an upmarket hotel chain feels justified in fleecing its guests for the same basic privilege is beyond me.
That said, the rooms are comfortable, well appointed and suitably sound-insulated and the staff were friendly and helpful (unusually so for Paris).
A couple more things mitigate against a higher rating: first, the Champs Elysée style bar prices (€10.00 for a glass of Heineken, like the rip-off wifi, shows how Hyatt milks its customers once they are captive) and the time it takes to get to and from the airport (it took 20 minutes for the shuttlebus to arrive and another 15minutes to get to the hotel. It was just as slow going back ...and then you are dropped-off miles from the check-in area, so you really need to allow a good 30 minutes each way).
I will probably go back, because it is basically a good place to stay. But next time I will collect my email at the airport, while I'm waiting for the shuttlebus, and will pick-up a €10.00 bottle of Sancerre from the duty free to enjoy in the comfort of my room!

Room Tip: Don't get ripped-off with the wifi. It's free at the airport!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
HyattParisCDG, Director of Operations at Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Luke Fortinbras

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property and for choosing Hyatt Regency Paris - Charles de Gaulle as your preferred address for those stays. I am pleased to see you enjoy the hotel comfort and our staff kindness. Regarding the WIFI connection, we offer a secured network connection (VPN) allowing you to benefit from the functionality and security of a private network while being on a public one and this, in order to protect your data. This was the result of a nearly €260000 investment, however, please note you can enjoy a 24hrs VPN Wifi connection from €9 at Hyatt Regency Paris – Charles de Gaulle. I feel sorry you felt that the shuttle was to, please note our drivers are asked to drive safely and the reason why they are not dropping you in front of the airport check-in area is because Paris airport authorities do not allow shuttles to do so.
Please feel free to contact me if you wish to organize a private transfer to the airport on your next stay or if there is anything else we could do for you. I am looking forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,

Bellingham, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency at Charles de Gaulle on our last night in France before flying home. From the description of the hotel, we thought it was AT the airport, but actually it wasn't close at all. True, they had a shuttle bus that took you to the airport, but for what we paid and what we got we should have just stayed in Paris and taken a cab. We'd have been money ahead and enjoyed one more day in the city. The Hayatt is a big industrial hotel with the soul of a stainless steel dishwasher. It may be great for business meetings, but not for much else. You are in the middle of nowhere with a view of a big lawn and a freeway just behind. Internet costs extra (9 Euros for 24 hours) as does breakfast (continental is 17 Euros and buffet is 25). The property has 388 rooms with an onsite "Cosmo" bar and "Apollo" restaurant that serve expensive meals (2 people eating sandwiches, wine an dessert cost over $100). The service, I must admit was very personal and good, and the food was excellent quality). Still, with nowhere to go close by, you have few options for meals. Dinner, as with all restaurants in Paris, begins at 7, so if you plan on eating early, go to the bar.
The rooms are big and clean and the beds are comfortable. Some problems we experienced in our room (#1138) were the noisy air handling system, very low hot water pressure, no makeup mirror, and an awkward hair dryer location.
The lobby is spacious and industrial to the point of being cold and uncomfortable. The "music" piped in was an amorphous flow of 2 tones shifting back and forth against a background of muted technopop. Just for the music alone, I'd not come back. It was just too annoying.
Checkout, even with 3 desk clerks, was slow and excruciating.
Don't get me wrong, there are some things that this hotel is good at; it's big, it's new, it's convenient, and the food is great, but because of the high prices, impersonal lobby ambiance and location I'd never come back to or use this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattParisCDG, Director of Operations at Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Rick_On_The_Road
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am glad to see you really enjoyed our food and service quality. As indicated on the website, we are located near the airport (5.5 km away) that’s the reason why we provide our guests with a free shuttle every 20 to 30 minutes from 6.30 AM to 11.30 PM at the airport; however I have well noted this might not be visible enough for our guests. Thank you very much for providing us with your room number, our technical team has been able to take care of the issue faster. Please be assured I took good notes of your remarks regarding the music and will take this one into consideration while elaborating a new playlist. Once again I feel sorry and would like to apologize if you were disappointed by this experience. Please feel free to contact me personally if there is anything I could do for you.
Best Regards,
Puyallup, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have stayed at the Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle three times this year. On the surface this seems to be a nice hotel; with an attractive exterior and lobby. However; there are some real downfalls to the hotel that a traveler considering it should be aware of.

Two of the three stays, I was in the furthest of the two towers in a King bedroom. During one stay I was upgraded to a larger corner room in the closer of the two towers. The bedrooms are adequate, however with a finer eye (one that stays in hotels 100+ times a year) you will notice that slightly below the surface are some problems. Such as the cooling system being very inadequate (which during the present heatwave made it unbearable). In fact two of my colleagues, I found out, hung out in the lobby to stop sweating. The canned lighting in my bathroom during this last stay was coming out of the ceiling and dangling from the roof (which I would assume could be an electrical danger). The hotel asks €20 for 24 hour wifi and €12 a beer at the bar. These prices are absurd.

The gym is nice, however, I always find myself cleaning it up for the staff there. I will pick up towels that be-drape the machines and put them in the hamper as well as used plastic cups to put in the trash. I have worked out there in the early morning, afternoon and in the evening and it always has been the same. The pool is also nice, however, you will encounter the same strewn towels from others, etcetera.

Pluses to this hotel are the shuttle to the airport which begins at 6am and runs every 20 mins. Also, despite the inadequacies of the rooms, they are quiet; which will give on a restful night's sleep. I cannot remark on the food in the hotels because I refuse to pay their extraordinary prices. The executive lounge is nice and offers wines, beers and snacks.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear David L,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience with us. Indeed we are experiencing heavy and humid temperatures, therefore, it might happen that some of our units have struggled at refreshing rooms. However please be assured our technical departement is reviewing rooms in order to ensure a proper functionning of the system. Regarding the experience you faced with the canned lighting of your bathroom you should not have hesitated to inform the reception about it, we would have move you to another room and our maintenance team would have taken care of the issue. Ideed, the security of our guests is our priority, therefore, please feel free to contact me personally so that we can become aware of your room number and take care of the issue. Regarding Internet, we have invested on a new system in July last year for nearly 260.000 Euros with one modem/hot spot per bedroom and secured VPN network connection in order to have a perfect and safe WIFI coverage, I feel deeply sorry if this was not valuable enough to you to justify a fee. I am sorry to hear about your experience at the gym, I shared your review with our housekeeping team this morning in order to make sure it does not happen again.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon in order to exceed your expectation and offer you a true Hyatt, experience. Looking forward to your feedback,
Best regards,
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This was our 5th stay and for an airport hotel, it's pretty good. I booked very early to get a good price and to save money, we no longer eat breakfast there. The staff was friendly and efficient, the room was fine (after a long European trip staying in tiny rooms with leaky showers, we always appreciate their big bathrooms and comfortable beds.) The frequent, reliable shuttle is a great added benefit.

A few things we didn't like: We had a drink in the lobby bar and as others have noted, it took too long to get served. The lack of free wi-fi in the public areas was disappointing--in a month of traveling, this was a first.

Bottom line: we'll continue to choose the Hyatt, as long as I can find a good rate.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattParisCDG, Directeur général at Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Hoodpoint,

Thank you very much for this review and your loyalty to Hyatt Regency Paris – Charles de Gaulle, I hope you are enrolled on our Gold Passport program so that you can cumulate points for each stay and enjoy privileges.
I am glad you appreciate our bathroom, it’s true that they are pretty large and offering a bath tub in which you can relax after a long flight. Please be assured I took good notes of your remarks as I did for previous reviews and I sincerely apologize if it took too long to get served. However, please be sure that the affected manager has been informed of the issue and is taking necessary measures to solve the problem. We are also working on a solution on our side.
Looking forward to welcoming you again soon and to exceed your expectations, I thank you again for this review and wish you an excellent day,
Best Regards,
Yann Gillet

Been to Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle? Share your experiences!