I have stayed here on numerous occasions (usually when flight connections fail or the last flight leaves without me... thank you BA!).
It makes a good first impression with that light, spacious, airy atrium which, even at night, is an uplifting environment to relax and catch-up on the day's emails. Or it would be if Hyatt didn't insult you with their ridiculous wifi charges (€15 minimum). Seriously, wifi is free in the airport (and most McDonalds for that matter), how an upmarket hotel chain feels justified in fleecing its guests for the same basic privilege is beyond me.
That said, the rooms are comfortable, well appointed and suitably sound-insulated and the staff were friendly and helpful (unusually so for Paris).
A couple more things mitigate against a higher rating: first, the Champs Elysée style bar prices (€10.00 for a glass of Heineken, like the rip-off wifi, shows how Hyatt milks its customers once they are captive) and the time it takes to get to and from the airport (it took 20 minutes for the shuttlebus to arrive and another 15minutes to get to the hotel. It was just as slow going back ...and then you are dropped-off miles from the check-in area, so you really need to allow a good 30 minutes each way).
I will probably go back, because it is basically a good place to stay. But next time I will collect my email at the airport, while I'm waiting for the shuttlebus, and will pick-up a €10.00 bottle of Sancerre from the duty free to enjoy in the comfort of my room!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Positioned near the main international airport in France, Hyatt Regency Paris – Charles de Gaulle is the ideal choice for Roissy Charles de Gaulle airport hotel guests. Our Roissy hotel is only 5 minutes by courtesy shuttle from the airport and a short drive from main exhibition centres, including Paris-Nord Villepinte and Le Bourget. The hotel is also convenient to Disneyland Paris (EuroDisney), Parc Astérix and Chantilly Castle, while guests of our Paris airport hotel enjoy privileged access to the Paris International Golf Club. Main attractions of central Paris, including the Eiffel Tower, Notre-Dame and the Louvre are only 30 minutes away. Hyatt Regency Paris – Charles de Gaulle hotel is a versatile business meeting and conference venue, offering 25 meeting rooms, advanced equipment and innovative catering. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Paris Charles De Gaulle Hotel Roissy
- Hyatt Regency Roissy
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Roissy
- Hyatt Roissy