We stayed at the Hyatt Regency at Charles de Gaulle on our last night in France before flying home. From the description of the hotel, we thought it was AT the airport, but actually it wasn't close at all. True, they had a shuttle bus that took you to the airport, but for what we paid and what we got we should have just stayed in Paris and taken a cab. We'd have been money ahead and enjoyed one more day in the city. The Hayatt is a big industrial hotel with the soul of a stainless steel dishwasher. It may be great for business meetings, but not for much else. You are in the middle of nowhere with a view of a big lawn and a freeway just behind. Internet costs extra (9 Euros for 24 hours) as does breakfast (continental is 17 Euros and buffet is 25). The property has 388 rooms with an onsite "Cosmo" bar and "Apollo" restaurant that serve expensive meals (2 people eating sandwiches, wine an dessert cost over $100). The service, I must admit was very personal and good, and the food was excellent quality). Still, with nowhere to go close by, you have few options for meals. Dinner, as with all restaurants in Paris, begins at 7, so if you plan on eating early, go to the bar.
The rooms are big and clean and the beds are comfortable. Some problems we experienced in our room (#1138) were the noisy air handling system, very low hot water pressure, no makeup mirror, and an awkward hair dryer location.
The lobby is spacious and industrial to the point of being cold and uncomfortable. The "music" piped in was an amorphous flow of 2 tones shifting back and forth against a background of muted technopop. Just for the music alone, I'd not come back. It was just too annoying.
Checkout, even with 3 desk clerks, was slow and excruciating.
Don't get me wrong, there are some things that this hotel is good at; it's big, it's new, it's convenient, and the food is great, but because of the high prices, impersonal lobby ambiance and location I'd never come back to or use this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Positioned near the main international airport in France, Hyatt Regency Paris – Charles de Gaulle is the ideal choice for Roissy Charles de Gaulle airport hotel guests. Our Roissy hotel is only 5 minutes by courtesy shuttle from the airport and a short drive from main exhibition centres, including Paris-Nord Villepinte and Le Bourget. The hotel is also convenient to Disneyland Paris (EuroDisney), Parc Astérix and Chantilly Castle, while guests of our Paris airport hotel enjoy privileged access to the Paris International Golf Club. Main attractions of central Paris, including the Eiffel Tower, Notre-Dame and the Louvre are only 30 minutes away. Hyatt Regency Paris – Charles de Gaulle hotel is a versatile business meeting and conference venue, offering 25 meeting rooms, advanced equipment and innovative catering. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Tingo and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Paris Charles De Gaulle Hotel Roissy
- Hyatt Regency Roissy
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Roissy
- Hyatt Roissy