“mixed feelings” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   351 av du Bois de la Pie, 95912 Roissy-en-France, France   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #10 of 32 hotels in Roissy-en-France
London, United Kingdom
“mixed feelings”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I did not pay for the hotel and used my goldcard points, so I thought I was not provided some of the services people paying cash were. But looking at the reviews I feel it was same for everyone else too.
My room rate was 220 Euros and that did not include breakfast. Everywhere else it does at that price.
They charged for internet on nightly basis.. should nt it be included in the room price.
Room had no water bottles, complimentary tea coffee, glasses or cups. I had to pay 30 Euros each time to order these and 5 Euros for room service. C'mon guys get better.
Food price was same as in the centre of the city, so not much to complain there.
I liked shuttle service but it was a stupid idea to stay so far from the city when I had gone there for shopping and sightseeing.
Don't think I will choose this place again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
HyattParisCDG, Directeur général at Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Van_ss__1
Thank you for your loyalty and for taking the time to share your feeling with us, I feel sincerely sorry if your stay was not satisfactory enough.
Regarding Internet, we have invested on a new system in July last year for nearly 260.000 Euros with one modem/hot spot per bedroom and secured VPN network connection in order to have a perfect and safe WIFI coverage, I feel deeply sorry if this was not valuable enough to you to justify a fee.
Please be assured I took good notes of all your remarks and shared it with the staff in order to work on it and exceed expectations of any guests.
Please rest assured we will strive to exceed your expectations on your next stay with us, in the meantime feel free to contact us if there is anything we can do for you.

Yann Gillet,

486 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Rochester, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed one night at the Hyatt Regency Charles de Gaulle before flying back to the States. I was delighted with the hotel.

Crystal, who checked me in, was charming and so welcoming. It amazes me that so many hotels do not realize what a smile and kind word mean to someone who has been traveling and who is often so far from home. Crystal immediately helped me know that I had chosen the best place to spend my last night in France.

The room was large and well-appointed, with a deep tub in the bath that let me soak some of my travel tiredness away. My room looked out over the motorway but I heard no traffic noise at all.

I enjoyed a glass of wine and some excellent snacks in the lobby bar, where I actually struck up a conversation with an American couple who live in my home city! It was very pleasant to chat and unwind after traveling.

In the restaurant my server offered the buffet but I chose to order from the menu instead. I enjoyed a glass of wine while waiting.. and waiting. Just as I thought they'd forgotten me I was served my delicious grilled chicken and green beans. The cost, however, was just a little under what the buffet would have cost so I questioned my own judgement. Next time I think I'll go with the buffet although I never can eat enough to justify buffet costs.

After a sound and excellent sleep, I quickly checked out the next morning and availed myself of the shuttle to the airport. Several reviewers have criticized the shuttle but I found it to be a good service, prompt, with a polite driver. The one watch-out here is that they actually have different shuttles for different terminals at CDG, so look at your ticket beforehand and know which terminal you are going to.

All in all a great stay in a beautiful hotel. Thank you to Crystal and the Hyatt Regency team in Paris!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jill F
Thank you so much for this review, it’s such a pleasure to read it, please be assured I shared it with Christelle and she was happy to see it made you feel good here at Hyatt Regency - Paris Charles de Gaulle.
Indeed we propose different themed buffet every lunch and an “a la carte” menu both made of fresh ingredients. I am pleased to see you fel comfortable in our soundproofed room and hope your flight was as good as your stay with us.
Looking forward to welcoming again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if there is anything else Hyatt Regency Paris – Charles de Gaulle can do for you.

Yann Gillet
Denver, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I would use this property again for airport travel from CDG. The hotel is very clean, spacious and has a fitness area. If you are a regency club member then you will enjoyt the lounge. If not you will recieve high prices for the food they have there.
Staff was friendly and accomodating, making sure we had all we need and the shuttle service to and from is very nice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hyatt_Paris, Directeur général at Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Coirie,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this pleasant review. Indeed, Regency Club lounge offers access to complimentary continental buffet breakfast, hot beverage, evening cocktails, courtesy high-speed internet access, international press and private boardroom I hope you enjoyed it. Looking forward to hearing from you, please do not hesitate to contact me personally if you have any other remark you would like to share.
Stoke-on-Trent, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on Tuesday last week and I got exactly what I expected: an expensive hotel (in every way) which is functional, clean, modern, impersonal and just OK for one night.
The weird thing was, as I was checking in (efficient and polite)' a couple checked in and were staying for a week! A week in a bland expensive place' an hour out of the city? What are you doing?
There were three of us and we had lunch and dinner. Food was pretty good actually but really expensive. Dinner for three with one bottle of wine was €350.00 - really not worth it but you have no choice.
Would I stay again?
Probably. My meeting was at the airport so it was this place or one of the host of other places nearby which are probably exactly the same!

Stayed June 2013
Hyatt_Paris, Directeur général at Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Timchambola,
Thank you for choosing Hyatt Regency Paris - Charles de Gaulle as your preferred address for this stay. I took good note of your remarks and rest assured we will strive to exceed your expectations on your next stay with us.
Best regards,
Yann Gillet, General Manager.
Kula, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I enjoyed my last night in France at the Hyatt. The buffet according to Francois has been going on for 20 years. The wine and champagne were nice. The shuttle bus that you get at Terminal3 was there waiting for me as I got off the CDGval no waiting for an overcrowd bus that stops at all the hotels. I loved having a pool to swim in after I checked in and they have a nice gym with a view, lots of glass bringing in the natural light. The room was not small, nice bedding and quite.
Staff very helpful in all departments.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Painter119
It feels so nice reading your review, thank you very much for taking the time to write it.
I am glad you enjoyed our themed buffet and the wine list. I can see you enjoyed many of our services and liked it, next time please try the one of our two tennis courts,it is really pleasant with such a sunny weather.
Please feel free contact us if there is anything else we can do for you,

Best regards
Yann Gillet, General Manager.
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

For a two night recovery stop after a long haul flight this hotel works. The airport shuttle is never full compared with the awful Novotel Ibis bus which can be bun fight. We were allowed early check in although this is a lottery depending on your room availability. The Regency Club benefits of evening nibbles (which are substantial) and drinks work for us. The $600 euro bill for two nights however is a bit more t Han the benefits are worth.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ozziemovers
Thank you for your time and comment. I am pleased to see you enjoyed our free airport shuttle. Indeed, ours is only stopping at Hyatt Regency Paris - Charles de Gaulle while others are often used by more than one hotel, it might explain the situation you saw. As you said, early check-in depends of availability; however, you can mention you need an early check-in while booking your room, it is a bonus we are pleased to offer whenever possible !
I am glad you booked a Club room allowing you to access the Regency Club lounge, with complimentary food and beverages services, internet access, international newspaper and other advantages, however I sincerely apologize if this was not valuable enough to you, please feel free to let us know what you have liked to meet your expectations.
Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if you wish to share your remarks so that we can improve our services and meet & exceed your expectations on your next stay,
Best Regards
Almaty, Kazakhstan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Good location of the hotel with only 10 minutes drive from airport, by using free shuttle you can go to airport and then public transporatation to visit city.
Shuttle is available every 20 minutes.
Tasty food.
Nice service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hyatt_Paris, Directeur général at Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Natalie N,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor, it was a pleasure for everyone here to read your review.
I am really glad you enjoyed our services and our restaurant, also, please note that the hotel offers a shuttle to Paris, which I hope you can try on your next stay.
Looking forward to welcoming you again soon, please feel free to contact me personally to share any remark.
Best Regards,
Yann Gillet, General Manager

Been to Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle? Share your experiences!