“good, solid airport hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   351 av du Bois de la Pie, 95912 Roissy-en-France, France   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #11 of 32 hotels in Roissy-en-France
LAX
“good, solid airport hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I just stayed here for one night and I can recommend the hotel though I was disappointed the pool/jacuzzin were being serviced as I was looking forward to a swim and sauna to recover from jetlag. I booked a club floor room and was not happy with the temp/ac in the first room I was given so the staff promptly put me in another room which was very comfortable. Bed and linens are great and all the staff I encountered, inc. on the phone, were very accommodating and service oriented. The Regency Club is fairly small but the canapes in the evening were very good though I was disappointed at no sparkling wine available. Breakfast was included in my rate and was offered in their restaurant downstairs which had a nice buffet. The shuttle back to CDG was on time and dropped me off at a convenient spot for my flt out of 2E. The only downside for me was I had to take a cab to the hotel from CDG as I was traveling with more luggage than I could handle for the train that you have to take to get to the shuttle stop from Terminal 1. All in all, a good choice for an overnight.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Pur P, Responsable relations clients at Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Moremiles,

Thank you very much for your time and remarks. I feel sorry you could not enjoy our swimming pool, this one will be under maintenance until March 10th 2013 indeed, and this, in order to ensure a spotless cleanliness to our guests.
I am glad you tried and enjoyed our Regency Club offering three complimentary food and beverage services, continental breakfast, mid-day refreshments and evening hors d'oeuvres with cocktail service, all included in your rate as you mentioned.
We do propose an shuttle service indeed, we can also provide limo service upon arrival. I hope you will be able to try more of our services during your next stay, in the meantime, I am looking forward to welcoming you.
Gautier PY, Director of Operations

478 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Extremely comfortable beds and nice sized rooms - especially for Europe, excellent buffet. Shuttle ran efficiently. I can't imagine a nicer airport hotel experience in Europe.... Only downsides is the hotel isn't in the airport proper as say the Sheraton but it is a lot cheaper and the rooms are a lot nicer. Recommended

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Pur P, Responsable relations clients at Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear gic1953,
Thank you for your comment, I am pleased to see you felt so comfortable in our rooms and enjoyed our restaurant with its buffet and “a la carte” service.
We are very close from Villepinte and Le Bourget exhibition center , and wealso provide to all our guests a free shuttle service from the airport to our doorstep. I hope you will be back soon at Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle.
Gautier PY, Director of Operations.
austrailia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Stayed overnight at this fantastic hotel Class all the way the value for money was excellent booked a twin share the room it was so very comfortable and cosy after a 26 hour flight from Australia could not have wanted any better the staff were amazing the restaurants absolutely A class the menu a great choice of different dishes a must if u need some where close to the Airport The Irish Coffee will do the trick to Start your Holiday in Paris would highly recommend this hotel to stay c it for your selfs

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear ozzygypsy,
I would like to thank you for your comment, I am glad you enjoyed your stay at Hyatt Regency Paris – Charles de Gaulle. I hope you had enough time to enjoy our spa and swimming pool or other activities. I hope to welcoming you again soon, in the meantime, feel free to forward me any remarks. I would be pleased to take notes of it.
Gautier PY, Director of Operations.
Geel, Belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Whiling staying in an airport hotel, of course you need to be prepared to pay top-notch prices, but for these prices I also expect top-notch quality and service. Both the quality and the services were very poor. I even had the impression that they were trying to rip me off (e.g. by serving a more expensive wine than the home wine we asked for).
The entire hotel needs some refurbishment.... in my room the showerhead broke down and the morning I left even the lighting in the bathroom failed during the broken fuse.
It should not be any problem to upgrade this hotel, since by charging for all services (e.g. 19euros for wifi) they should have enough cash.
I would say: stay out if you do not need to be there.

Room Tip: bring your own water-cooker (at least you do not need to pay 5.5 euros for a cup of boiling water).
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HyattCasablanca, Responsable relations clients at Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear SlowTrippery,
I would like to thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor.
I am very sorry that your Stay was not fully satisfactory.
There was absolutely no reason to serve you a different wine during your lunch or dinner and I am sorry that one of our waiter made a mistake which was absolutely not intentional. We have indeed a large Wine selection but please rest assured that your feedback has been shared with the Team.
Regarding Internet, we have invested on a new system in July last year for nearly 260.000 Euros with one modem/hot spot per bedroom in order to have a perfect wifi coverage. We have different packages as from 9 Euros per 24 hours.
I have also shared your comments to the Head of Maintenance as even if the situation with the fuse and showerhead was exceptional, it should not have happened.
We really hope to welcome you back soon in our hotel. In the meantime please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any remark or enquiry.
Gautier Py, Director of Operations.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

The hotel was okay, just okay, Expected to be better by the name of Hyatt.
They do not even have Kiosk in the hotel so everything has to be from either the bar or room service because there is no near-by super market or deli or coffee shop.
There was no tea or coffee maker in the room then was charged EUR5 for hot water. The kettle was obviously used for coffee because the water smelt coffee.

Wished coffee or tea were served with real brewed after paying EUR25 for a breakfast.

The concierge was very helpful and gave us good service best they could and nice room but other added-value service was missing. Again, if it wasn't "Hyatt", I wouldn't be disappointed this much.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir;

Thank you for your time and feedback, it is absolutely critical for us to hear about our guest’s opinion in order to maintain and improve our service quality.
You are absolutely right in saying that we do not have a kiosk in the hotel, but we do provide newspaper service on demand in rooms. You can also avail of press services in the Regency Club on the first floor, as well as some tea or coffee, available both via room service or in the hotel outlets.
Let me know if there is anything else we could do for you, or if I can be of any more assistance on your next stay with us

Best Regards,

Gautier Py, Director of Operations
Gautier.py@hyatt.com
Warsaw
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The first and foremost what surprised us was the fact that this one is truly cost effective option. Quite splendid and well packed as far as general image is concerned the hotel is tremendously reasonably priced. And further it doesn't resemble airport hotels in the way they usually are. More if you try not look outside the windows and you spend time on activities offered by the hotel you can hardly feel you are at airport. And they got so good breakfasts : ) So whenever you have stopover and there is no need to rush into the city indulge yourself in Hyatt Regency Paris CDG.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Tacarigua
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This hotel is very nearly perfect, it was impeccably clean, there is no real outdoor view so they created an internal one, the view of the lobby from the higher floors is breathtaking, especially at night, the food was great in the restaurants, the regency club was well stocked, staff were friendly and very helpful, it's just a bit far from the heart of Paris however they do have a shuttle service into the city which more than compensated for it. Understandably if it were in the heart of Paris like the other Hyatt the price would probably increase just as dramatically, so value for money was another big plus.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Hyatt Regency Paris Charles de Gaulle? Share your experiences!