“Decent accomodations” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 28 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Toronto, Canada
“Decent accomodations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

After reading so many negative reviews about this hotel, I was somewhat hesitant but arrangements had already been made for a 4-night stay. The complimentary shuttle bus from CDG was quite a walk from Terminal 2A and after several confusing signs, we arrived at the designated train station stop only to find out that the shuttle buses are on the 5th floor.

The hotel itself doesn't look at all like the professional photos on their website. Yes, the hotel is dated, carpets are stained, hallways are musty and rooms are small with old furniture. However, there are quite a few pluses. Our room was very clean, with spotless white sheeting on the bed, a clean bathroom with the usual amenities, AC worked fine, our room 257 had no view but was super quiet. You could see the aircraft flying above but you couldn't hear them. Breakfast was not included in the rate but the village of Roissy is located within a 10 minute walk from the hotel and you can find several small grocery stores. Our room also had a convenient small fridge and coffeemaker with supplies, free in-room wi-fi and a TV that worked, however there is no clock anywhere in the room, not even on the TV.

Since we were there for 4 days, we thought getting to downtown Paris would be a chore but the hotel provided a comfortable daily shuttle bus leaving at 10:30am sharp to their sister hotel, The Millennium Opera and returned at 8:00pm. It takes about 40 minutes. They charge you 5Eu. each way but we only bought a one-way ticket and the return was free because the Millennium Opera doesn't charge you for going back. And that's a great saving compared to the alternative of taking the complimentary shuttle bus back to CDG and then taking the RER into the city which costs 9.50Eu each way. The hotel also offers another complimentary shuttle bus to Aeroville Shopping Center (approx 15 minutes away). It is an indoor mall with a huge selection of brands and products. There are several departures each day. Ask the front desk.

The only hotel staff we wanted to deal with was Miguel who went out of his way to be helpful. He is fluent in English, French and Spanish and is knowledgeable and courteous.

Overall, it was not a bad experience. But I would only consider staying there for one or two nights.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room such as 257 if you're a light sleeper.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Greek first
Broome, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

One night only before flight at 2 pm to Rome. First room, air con didn't work (we must have bad luck as this was 4th hotel in France where we had room with faulty air con!). 2nd room stank of cigarettes, so we went down to reception again (granted, we could not have phoned down but I prefer face to face). We were told that, imspite of non smoking laws in France, they can't control what people do: whilst I agree with this, surely what they CAN control is the cleaning of these rooms. When the rooms smell like an ashtray they should charge previous occupant for extra cleaning!

The very efficient receptionist then said she would find and check another room for us, and in the meantime, invited us to sit in bar (with a free drink) whilst she organised this.

Our 3rd room was ok, not 4 star by any standards. Stained and rusty marks in bath and toilet, broken tiles, very dated furniture, carpets etc. Bed was ok but not great, but pillows were flat and old. HOWEVER we were only there for one night, we slept perfectly, broken tiles etc didn't impact on the quality of my shower, and for the rate we paid, and the convenience of being near airport, it was ok!

We ate in the Irish pub, having had a couple of beers at happy hour first, watching a match(world cup) on big screen. There was a lovely atmosphere in there, but the food was pretty awful, think "pub food minus 20%". It filled the hole of hunger, that's the best I can say;)

Getting to and from airport was easy thanks to a regular shuttle bus, but there are many hotels with same service.

Would I stay again? We didn't have a bad time, just not a good time. For one night, it was passable. For 2, I wouldn't bother.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Carpet needs cleaning in lobby and halls. Halls had unusual odor. Room felt stuffy upon entering.
It was cool enough to open the window but Air Conditioning not functioning properly. Food available in the Pub could be better and service was horrible.
Staff was either great or unhelpful never new which I was going to get.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Paris, France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

It began with an unsmiling, unwelcoming receptionist. I am a retired, over 65, woman. I was the only person in the lobby (that should have been a red flag) and I was pulling two suitcases. He assigned me a room at the furthest end of the hotel. When I asked about the dining room hours, I was informed that only the pub would be open. One look inside and I knew that as a lone woman, I would not be comfortable. In my room I searched for a room service menu. None to be had so I went back down and got one from the front desk. When I called Room Service, the person who answered shouted 'what do you want', clearly not impressed that he might have to work. A cheeseburger with fries, ice tea and fruit salad arrived quickly enough but cost 30 Euros ($45 US)! In addition, I asked for a glass of wine but was informed that only bottles of wine are available. I won't come back here again and want to give warning to others. There are many other hotels around CDG so don't select this one.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
sydney
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

From the moment you step out of the elevator to walk to your room, the walls are stained, carpet is worn and looks quiet grubby in sections. Enter you room and you see the same, Bath has enamel chips, toilet seat also has enamel chips and is rusty in sections. Arriving at 7pm we were looking for something to eat, but restaurant was closed from 7th July to late august, Informed by staff that restaurants 5-10 walk. As it was raining asked about an umbrella but informed hotel does not have any. Dashing in the rain, noticed other hotels patrons with umbrellas from those hotels.
Plus side room was decent size and free shuttle was supplied and runs regularly and on time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Paris
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

My partner and I stayed in your hotel on two occasions recently. I have also stayed with you two years ago. The CDG Millennium is very good value for a 'near Paris' hotel. The rooms are well proportioned, and the included breakfast is excellent. For anyone needing accommodation at CDG airport, I would highly recommend your premises.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Canberra, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Check in was friendly and quick however the room was tired and hallway was a bit musty. I was exhausted after a 14 hour flight so only wanted a shower and to sleep, which is why I booked this hotel on a low rate despite previous reviews. The hot water wasn't coming on and after calling reception I was told they would check and let me know. 30 minutes later no call back so I called again, reception still checking with maintenance and would call me back. Again, 30 minutes later still no call, so I called a third time and was told it was a hotel wide problem "not just my room", which was mentioned several times making it seem like I was being precious for asking about it. I understand maintenance issues happen so I waited another 45 minutes and within this time the roof started dripping in the entry of my room so I called to tell reception. Again I was met with "not just your room" with no offer of moving or any time frame on when it would be fixed. I stated I was exhausted and shouldn't have to wait for hot water, and would be leaving if I cannot be given a time frame of when it would be fixed, in an hour or tomorrow morning. They said they would call back. They did 20 minutes later and stated they still don't have a time frame but the guy was working on it so I said I would check the water in 30 minutes. Wasn't hot in 30 minutes so I went to reception to check out and speak to the manager. Manager told me my bill was half the night's rates - for 3 hours in a room with no hot water?! If they hadn't charged me I wouldn't have left this review but he was short with me and stated many times "not just your room". He clearly didn't seem to care. I work in hotels and yes maintenance issues happen from time to time but I would have never dealt with this situation, nor any hotel I've worked for, the way they did.

I won't be staying at any Millennium Hotels due to this experience.

Room Tip: Check hot water is working prior to arrival
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Been to Millennium Hotel Paris Charles de Gaulle? Share your experiences!