“Nice for an overnight stay” 3 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Allee du Verger, 95700 Roissy-en-France, France   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #26 of 28 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Denmark
“Nice for an overnight stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Nice compliment airport shuttle service free of charge started my 8 hour short stay at the hotel.
Typical business/tourist hotel close to airport, with means no classic or romantic experience, but an comfortable bed and a room with all the ameneties that you need. This include water boiler and tea & coffee and an bottle of water free of charge, what i really liked after my flight.
Breakfast in restaurant okay, but nothing more! so if you can wait do it, and save Eur 15.-
Smooth check-in/out, so overall i could decide using this hotel again without doubt...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Greek first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel is definately a 3star rather than 4. Staff have been great answering all questions with near perfect English. Even the cleaners say bonjour when we see them. THe hotel is spotless, clean in all areas that we have been in. We arrived after seven in the evening to find our room ready and waiting. Reception staff were happy enough to answer questions concerning breakfast etc.The room is spacious, well maintained, very clean and has been cleaned each day. There have been no smells or cigaret smoke anywhere except outside. Yes I wish smokers would stand further away from the main door. However I only smell this while waiting on the Black Bus. Breakfast was a bit disappointing but then I like my meat cooked and powdered eggs are just not nice. Though the range of fruit, uncooked meat and cereal, as well as croissants etc was really good. Vegetables first thing in the morning must be a european thing that I do not understand.
Getting to and from the hotel was easy enough if someone is good enough to put the details on here. Arrive at terminal 2 stay in the airport walk along to 2e/f the opposite end of the airport, look out for the sheraton hotel entrance within the airport go up one level and the stand for the bus is right in front of you. It took about 20 minutes to get to the hotel and from the hotel a little bit longer. Drivers were nice enough but not very talkative.This bus ran every 15minutes.
Getting into Paris from the airport took about 30minutes and is expensive. Just under 20euros for a return ticket. Although the trains arrived every 10minutes or so. The area into Paris is really run down but the little village of Riossy is quaint. A couple of restaurants, shops very quiet. The Irish bar within the hotel is so-so. I would reccomend the thai restaurant in the village. Overall we stayed three nights and found the hotel to be what it is, a good link to the airport and easy access to Paris.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Nicely run airport hotel with all the conveniences of home. Breakfast spread is very good, though space was a little cramped on some mornings. Lunches very good. For the group of about 20 that we were they served a remarkably good lamb shank and not unforgettable tarte tatin. Had dinner on one of my evenings here (stayed for 4 nights) and was pleasantly surprised too.
The pool was empty (under maintenance) for the length of my stay. The shuttle bus to and from the airport runs every 20 minutes, and after a certain hour and Sundays only every 40 minutes (arriving flyer be warned!).
Conference room was good with power supplies laid out in center of horseshoe formation tables. Good lighting and project facilities. Room separators were handy for day 2 of our three days when we needed separate room for specific participants.
All in all good experience and recommendable for workshops and seminars.
Also short walk into Roissy gets you to a couple of nice little restaurants - the best one nearby in my books was the one called Le Village or something like that. We also ate at "The Place" (have written separate reviews for both).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Krakow, Poland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is advertised as a 4-star hotel but rather feels like a 3-star. Like in any airport hotel, people only stay one night while waiting to catch their flight, so there is a steady flow of customers on their way to the airport.

Receptionists were really kind and helpful though, and gave me all the information I needed.

The room (a double with king size bed and rather pleasant view) was clean and well equipped, but furniture was a bit worn out (one chair's armrest came off altogether, lucky my child wasn't sitting on it then) and I couldn't get the TV system to work, though that might just have been me !

Big pluses for me were : easy access to the airport via free and frequent shuttle, the quietness of the hotel, free Wi-Fi, very easy access to child-friendly park and shops. I was on a budget so I haven't tested the breakfast.

The hotel has a gym and a pool but the pool and jacuzzi were closed for maintenance when I stayed.

In conclusion, I would say this hotel is not particularily good value for money (one night in a double room with no breakfast set me back 90Eur), but then again the other hotels in Roissy offer the same type of rates. I plan to stay elsewhere next time for the sake of comparison, but I wouldn't mind staying there again if necessary.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Tokyo, Japan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I was reservated this hotel.
when I arrive hotel, not redy my room at 19:00.
after dinnrer go to take a kye in resepton, another rady says 「are you stay this hotel ?」
I says 「how are you look me?」
mabe can not stay japanese this hotel? or ?
I take kye and go to room,,,ther is other people.
I go to change the room , and that rady laughing.....

french style......

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Bangor, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Upon arrival we were told that we had to wait for a DOUBLE room, I had paid a decent amount of money and booked a DOUBLE room, for me and my boyfriend. We were told there wasnt enough rooms and we would have to wait!! I asked how long, and the reply was she did not know could be a few HOURS!! there was a que of 18 people infront of me already waiting. A very angry woman pushed infront of me and said she had been waiting 2 hours already. So I said that I would have the twin room for the first night and deffinitly wanrted to change tomrow morning.
Got to the twin room and it STANK OF CIGARETTE smoke. which is horrible, and made my eyes water, I therefore went back to reception to ask to change rooms. She didnt understand the smell but changed my keys. So packed stuff and moved to the new room, this AGAIN SMELT OF FAGS, it was revolting. The cleaners were obviosuly smoking in the rooms. Back to reception, and at this point i was NOT happy, I just wanted to relax.
The third room ., thankfully didnt smell.
The next morning I went to reception to ask which room we where going to change to (double) and she said it wouldnt be ready till late that evening.

NOT IMPRESED.
We were also charged a tax fee at the end of around 8 euros, which we were totally unaware of and should e included in the accomodation fee!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Leicester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We arrived on the easter weekend and had booked 2 rooms
il go through the pros of this hotel first:
decent room size
they have a free shuttle to take you to the airport every half an hour (which is decent as you can catch a train straight into Paris from there)
have air conditioning..and that's about it!

the negatives were as follows:
1. when we got there on day one the room was in an appalling condition: dust, smudge marks on the mirrors ect...and to top it off it was like someone had smoked in the room with the windows closed! for non-smokers this was quite unacceptable.
2. we were told on the 2nd day of our arrival that the restaurant is closed at weekends all day..nothing was mentioned when we booked the hotel about this.
3. the swimming pool, sauna and other facilities were out of use: again nothing was said about this at the time of booking.
4. windows in the bedroom would not close: again it took a while to get this sorted.

ALSO ALTHOUGH THIS WAS NOT THE HOTELS FAULT: THE LOCAL TOWN RESTAURANTS CLOSED AS EARLY AS 9PM ON SATURDAY NIGHT.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Millennium Hotel Paris Charles de Gaulle? Share your experiences!