I'm currently sitting in this hotel, and I am incredibly grateful that I only booked one night. We arrived in Paris yesterday, and booked here because we wanted a place to recover from jetlag in Roissy before making the voyage to center city. I booked through Hotwire, so I didn't know the name of the hotel, but this experience definitely left a bad taste in my mouth for both Hotwire and Tripadvisor.
About me: 28 years old, traveling with boyfriend, laid back... not too picky
1. This is not a four star hotel. The hotel's website and Tripadvisor both claim it as such, but Hotwire lists it as a 3.5 star, and common sense places it in the 2.5 star range.
2. There is a sign on the front of the hotel listing the pricing as 350eu per night for a "basic room". This is clearly intended to mislead consumers about the quality of the hotel, because nobody in their right mind would pay nearly this amount. I paid $75 and feel robbed.
3. Hotwire claims that this hotel received 4/5 stars from Tripadvisor. This is clearly a lie. You can see for yourself that the Tripadvisor rating is 3/5. I'm sure somewhere in the fine print Hotwire will state that their Tripadvisor rating is not up to date, but in this day and age it should not be very difficult to keep this information accurate. I felt very much mislead when I discovered the negative ratings after making the purchase.
1. The internet is more or less functioning and free. This is the biggest perk.
2. The bathroom is clean, though the towels remind me of the ones they give away at my local gym.
3. There is an airport shuttle that operates every 40 minutes or so. The front desk claims 20 minutes, but this is simply not true. The shuttle is easy to find once you arrive at the airport. Just follow the signs that say "hotel". The "black shuttle" is the one that services this hotel as well as the Best Western, and a few other hotels that I wished I had booked instead of this one.
4. The lady at the front desk was quite nice, and spoke English fluently.
5. There are blackout curtains.
1. The carpet should be replaced. It has stains, feels grimy, and overall makes this hotel feel very dated.
2. This bed is an atrocity. I'm sitting in it now and my back aches because it is on wheels and is pulling away from the headboard. The pillows are a joke, and if you do find yourself staying here you may as well pack your own. They provide two of the thinnest pillows imaginable. You literally have to ball them up in order to use them.
I'm generally not very picky about my bed--I've slept on futons, but this is ridiculous.
It should also be noted that we were provided with one full size bed. I don't know if this is the standard for this hotel, but I can't recall staying in a hotel without queen sized bed at minimum.
3. The lighting is very poor. The lighting in the hallway is somewhat dark, but I would not have really cared about that if the lighting in the bedroom had been sufficient. This is not the case. Luckily, it was sunny upon our arrival, so I just opened the blackout curtains. However, if you wish to stay up in the evening you will find the lighting dim.
4. The television is due for an upgrade and we had some difficulty with the remote. Not a huge deal, but it helped to hammer home the fact that this hotel is quite outdated.
5. The minibar is empty. I had not planned on using it, but I do think of a partially stocked minibar as a basic amenity.
You can do better, even at this same price. If you do use Hotwire, pay close attention to the percentage of favorable Hotwire reviews. This number was accurate, and is how I landed the airport Sheraton for my last night in Paris. The Sheraton looks lovely and is literally in the airport, so you need not worry about a shuttle.
Enjoy your stay in Paris!
- Also Known As:
- Millennium Paris Charles De Gaulle Hotel Roissy
- Millennium Paris Charles De Gaulle Hotel
- Millennium Hotel Paris
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Millennium Hotel Paris Charles de Gaulle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.